You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger linked with Barcelona move

• Agger's agent contacted by representative of La Liga club

• Barça and Manchester City have previously shown interest

Andy Hunter

Daniel Agger has been linked with a move to Barcelona for a second successive summer after an approach was made to the Liverpool defender's agent, Per Steffensen.

Steffensen is understood to have been contacted by an agent claiming to represent the Spanish champions, rather than by Barcelona themselves, and Liverpool have not received any approaches for the Denmark international.

The Anfield club are unlikely to welcome a move for the influential 28-year-old, with Jamie Carragher having retired, Martin Skrtel's future in doubt and Sebastián Coates having failed to convince the manager Brendan Rodgers.

Agger was the subject of firm interest from Barcelona and Manchester City last summer but signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool in October.

The Liverpool and England Under-21 left-back Jack Robinson, meanwhile, has joined Paul Ince's Blackpool on a season-long loan.

Illegal that, isn't it? Not your silence on the £21.8m bid, or the strange timing of that post, but contacting Agger's agent without permission.

Illegal that, isn't it? Not your silence on the £21.8m bid, or the strange timing of that post, but contacting Agger's agent without permission.

My silence? haha there's your imagination getting in the way, again.

If I respond to your risible tones you'll only cry off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
My silence? haha there's your imagination getting in the way, again.

If I respond to your risible tones you'll only cry off.

You need to get a new word. It is though, isn't it? Against the rules? Genuine question, for you who posted it or anybody else who might know.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yeah, your silence, what's wrong with you, why don't you worship FSG like the rest?

Worship? The Rest? Risible.

Yeah' date=' but James Pearce from the Echo said we've bid. So we've bid. He said it was the release clause of £21.8m, so it was the release clause of £21.8m. Simple as that really.

I noticed on Twitter that he has shot to goal ratio of over 20% in his last four seasons, the Premier League average is 10%. Suarez's last season was 12.5%. So might be doing okay in that department.

Yeah, and they've got James Pearce, Tony Barrett and Andy Hunter from the Guardian to all play along with their machinations. Those cunning stunts.[/quote']

The thing is, one news company runs with a story and they all just follow, most of them are mates. I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow what's happening, but its a bit soon to be tugging each other off, especially as this could be the forerunner to Suarez leaving.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The thing is, one news company runs with a story and they all just follow, most of them are mates. I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow what's happening, but its a bit soon to be tugging each other off, especially as this could be the forerunner to Suarez leaving.

I'm not sure it's fair to say James Pearce just follows. The rest might follow his word, but if Pearce says it's happening then it's pretty much assured it's happening, isn't it.

As for tugging each other off, I'm pretty certain my comments about this deal are far from it. Pearce said it has nothing to do with Suarez. However, if he leaves, it's not going to be because we're pushing him out.

Gay.

I'm tugging myself off, thank you very much.

Looks like a nutter, hahahah great stuff. Blah, blah, blah.

From that clip of the Atletico-Real game he looks like a complete fuckin scumbag.

If we sign him I really hope thats a one off because that was just totally unacceptable.

I'm not sure it's fair to say James Pearce just follows. The rest might follow his word' date=' but if Pearce says it's happening then it's pretty much assured it's happening, isn't it.

As for tugging each other off, I'm pretty certain my comments about this deal are far from it. Pearce said it has nothing to do with Suarez. However, if he leaves, it's not going to be because we're pushing him out.[/quote']

Pearce didnt break the story, he was one of the sheep. Andy hunter beat him to it and by the looks of things the story originated in Spain from some no mark web site. I think if transfer windows have taught us anything, stories rocking in of an evening 90% of the time mean fuck all.

Pearce didnt break the story, he was one of the sheep. Andy hunter beat him to it and by the looks of things the story originated in Spain from some no mark web site. I think if transfer windows have taught us anything, stories rocking in of an evening 90% of the time mean fuck all.

It appears the first mention of the deal here came from tribalfootball at around midday. I traced it back to that article I posted before which came from Spain. I honestly have no idea about the Spanish site as to reliability.