You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Spearing would have been more useful than Joe Allen last season.

Hello viewers and welcome to this evenings episode of 'Fred Mullets Nordic Freakshow'.

<cue music and applause>

Interviewer....Whats in store for the viewers tonight then Fred?

Code....I are going to tell them how John Carew have being better than Van Basten, how I would being better than George Best if my knee hadn't being falling off and then I have doing a special piece on what I am have doing in the 3 hours a day I have not being on TLW.

Interviewer...and what is this special piece called Fred?

Code...It are being called 'so many kids arses to sniff and so little time when my circuit boards are have not being used'

Interviewer...should be a cracker.

Markus Henriksen ( 17 )- Rosenborg

Mohammed Fella ( 21 ) - Vålerenga

Eirik Mæland ( 21 ) - Haugesund

Espen Børufsen ( 22 ) - Start

Christer Kleiven ( 22 ) - Stabæk

Ruben Jenssen ( 22 ) - Tromsø

Makhtar Thioune ( 25 ) - Viking

Per Ciljan Skjelbred ( 23 )- Rosenborg, now Hamburg

Vadim Demidov ( 23 ) - Rosenborg, now Eintracht Frankfurt.

Harmeet Singh ( 19 ) - Vålerenga, now Feyenoord.

Nosa Igiebor ( 19 ) - Lillestrøm ( Nigeria ), now Real Betis.

Henning Hauger ( 24 ) - Stabæk, now Hannover 96.

Birkir Bjarnasson ( 22 ) - Viking ( Iceland), now Pescara.

So half of my list have joined clubs in Europe after I posted that, sign me up as a scout.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Apparently Rodgers on LFC.TV saying we have money to spend but if we dont find the right quality pwe wont bring people in for the sake of it.

Translation - We're not signing any quality for the 1st team.

It's the right approach. Frustrating, but right. Of course, it'll be played as us not spending.

Just counted again and he started 11 out of 14 games between the start after the winterbreak until the end of April, he also started the last 3 games before the winter break, so thats him starting 14 out of 17 games beween the beginning of december until the end of April.

Count again. He started 10 of 17 in 2013. According to the site YOU posted, FFS.

Apparently Rodgers on LFC.TV saying we have money to spend but if we dont find the right quality pwe wont bring people in for the sake of it.

Translation - We're not signing any quality for the 1st team.

Hmm starting to sound familiar, looks like another end to the summer with the fans hoping for us to make a bit of a statement of intent but then we flounder to another summers end feeling hard done by in the transfer market.

Never mind I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell me to be 'patient' and to believe in our owners steely determination to make us No 1 again.

How could I be wrong about a player I did not have an opinion about?

I said I had a feeling he would be shite, I also feel I will win the lottery every time I buy a ticket, is it something I would use 1 calory to think about afterwards, no not really.

Voronin has better technique than both tevez and Rooney, he is also not an ugly fuckin manc cunt.

Loaning Kaka would be good or even better getting him as part of the Suarez deal.

holy fuck.

If we don't spend any money then I'll be annoyed. We seriously need to add real quality in 1 or 2 positions.

There's no sense in signing players for the sake of it but there has to be some fucker out there who we could get who would improve our first xi

If we don't spend any money then I'll be annoyed. We seriously need to add real quality in 1 or 2 positions.

You can always take solace in the fact that when you're next in Thailand you'll be able to pick up an LFC scarf and keyring made and priced specifically for the Thai market.

I'd be very surprised (and very disappointed) if we didn't make at least one quality addition to the first team before the window closes. There's going to be hundreds of millions spent on players in the next month and I'd expect at least £15-20m of it (more if we sell Suarez) to come from us.

Schalke's chairman said today that there is no offer from Liverpool for Papadopoulos and no negotiation and that they are counting on him for next season.

The liars won't buy anybody.

£0 net spend and a huge reduction in wages. All this the summer during which the TV deal for EPL clubs doubled.

FSG are the worst owners in the premier league.

One more wouldn't be enough for me. We should have another 30-35m to spend and we should be bringing in two quality players for that and keeping Suarez.

It just seems like we simply can't attract anybody who's good enough, or have nobody in mind*.

*I'm going to keep saying this in the hope that we sign somebody awesome out of nowhere.

We can definitely find players who are better than what we have. We were the 7th best team in the league last season ffs.

They need to be better than what we've got, reasonably priced (Carroll was better than N'Gog, just about, but you wouldn't advocate spending £35m on him with the benefit of hindsight) and willing to come. Bear in mind a lot of the players we're looking to upgrade on cost about £15-20m themselves.

If signing quality players was that easy, Man Utd and Arsenal wouldn't have spent fuck all so far, despite having transfer budgets much larger than ours.

Whether Mignolet becomes as good as Pepe is one thing, but I do think he's a quality addition. I really like Aspas and think he'll be a boss signing and Kolo Toure could be a Gary Mac type signing. Alberto looks good as well.

It's early days so I'm not going to throw all my toys on the floor. When we were away, some deals could have been tied up over the phone and verbal agreements made, although I don't know why Ayres couldn't have been back here rather than sightseeing in South East Asia. Alot is based on Suarez staying or leaving I reckon.

They need to be better than what we've got, reasonably priced (Carroll was better than N'Gog, just about, but you wouldn't advocate spending £35m on him with the benefit of hindsight) and willing to come. Bear in mind a lot of the players we're looking to upgrade on cost about £15-20m themselves.

If signing quality players was that easy, Man Utd and Arsenal wouldn't have spent fuck all so far, despite having transfer budgets much larger than ours.

Yep, again.

They are far better teams than us so will find it harder to find players to improve them.