You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

You see the support in the far east and Australia.

It does not square with our on pitch clout anymore.

That can't go on forever.

Our current owners are not deserving of the name.

Its shit or get off the pot time guys.

Yes they gave Kenny money which was not well spent.

All big clubs make big mistakes in the market.

Answer: Spend more.

Your moment of reckoning is at hand.

Crap poem, doesn't even rhyme.

Not sure why people are panicking. We are obviously looking at bringing in players to improve the first team and clubs around us were always going to strengthen. I'm confident there will be more activity in the next week or so.

I honestly believe this is a shoe-in this season. Can't see Everton replicating any of the consistency that Moyes had them playing to the last couple of seasons.

It's gonna go one of two ways. Their yard dogs will either lose all their composure and confidence when asked to pass the ball in the first instance, rather like sktrle did for us, or the stability that was the strength of them, will add to the bit of flair Martinez will bring. If its the later of those two scenario's we'll have our work cut out, as the shite have improved the quality of their squad, it's just a question if changing manager can improve the quality of their team.

Cissokho incoming this week by the looks of things.

Not seen anything substantial on this but it'd be a decent enough cover/competition signing for Enrique imo based on his time at Porto and Lyon, not seen him much for Valencia though

Paulinho and Soldado two good players for a team outside the c/l both ready to go straight in and improve their first 11 take note Rodgers, Ayre and Henry.

No, the plan is to keep buying squad players, then play 20 of them at once. They're all below 5' 5" anyway so hopefully nobody will notice.

3 weeks until the season starts, not one signing that is going to go straight in and improve the first 11, our only match winner wants out and for the past few weeks our MD has been getting in on photo shoots with Steven Gerrard like a member of the Beatles and getting piggy backs off Robbie Fowler. Can't say the optimism is corsing through my veins at the moment.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
3 weeks until the season starts, not one signing that is going to go straight in and improve the first 11, our only match winner wants out and for the past few weeks our MD has been getting in on photo shoots with Steven Gerrard like a member of the Beatles and getting piggy backs off Robbie Fowler. Can't say the optimism is corsing through my veins at the moment.

Fucking hell. I genuinely can't believe the negativity surrounding the team going into next season. We've gone through four pre-season games, scored 11 goals, conceded none, our new signings have done well (Mignolet has looked very solid, and will go straight into the first 11, Aspas has scored 3 and assists 3 in just four games), Coutinho looks fucking great, we've got a settled side and a settled manager, and we've still got nearly five weeks left - which is when most business is done - to bring in players. Still, Fowler posts a picture of Ayre. All downhill.

How many times did we look to the bench for somebody with the ability to come off the bench and change the game last season? Most matches, but we had Adam Morgan or somebody. We've now got Aspas and Luis Alberto looking to make a difference from the bench, we've got Sturridge to come back, and whoever we sign for the first team. Turn that frown upside down, Randy.

There's 3 weeks to go until the season starts, let's just cool our jets. I'm sure business will pick up once we're back in Liverpool.

We need to either come out and name our price for Suarez or insist he's not for sale and crack on with our business. I think we're in for an eventful week or 2. I'm not worrying yet though.

Check this kid's twitter timeline for translations of the bid for the Greek

Gregoris Gkousis ‏@Greg96_YNWA 25m

According to Greek site,Sentragoal.gr,Liverpool made 14m bid for Papadopoulos here is the link Ðñüôáóç 14 åêáô. åõñþ áðü Ëßâåñðïõë ãéá ÊõñéÜêï | äéåèíÞ , áããëßá | SentraGoal … I'm gonna translate it

Fucking hell. I genuinely can't believe the negativity surrounding the team going into next season. We've gone through four pre-season games, scored 11 goals, conceded none, our new signings have done well (Mignolet has looked very solid, and will go straight into the first 11, Aspas has scored 3 and assists 3 in just four games), Coutinho looks fucking great, we've got a settled side and a settled manager, and we've still got nearly five weeks left - which is when most business is done - to bring in players. Still, Fowler posts a picture of Ayre. All downhill.

How many times did we look to the bench for somebody with the ability to come off the bench and change the game last season? Most matches, but we had Adam Morgan or somebody. We've now got Aspas and Luis Alberto looking to make a difference from the bench, we've got Sturridge to come back, and whoever we sign for the first team. Turn that frown upside down, Randy.

Imagine what this place would be like if we'd actually lost one of the friendlies.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

How much would I like Papadopoulos, you ask? Well, let's take a look at the Papadopoulometer.

Don't want <--------------------------------------------|-> Want

Imagine what this place would be like if we'd actually lost one of the friendlies.

Or conceded a goal. Or scored less than two goals.

I dont think anyone would give that much of a shit. As said so many times, they are meaningless friendlies.

Now if we sign a match winner who can break down defences when we usually pass the ball around a million times in the midfield then most will be happy.

I dont think anyone would give that much of a shit. As said so many times, they are meaningless friendlies.

Now if we sign a match winner who can break down defences when we usually pass the ball around a million times in the midfield then most will be happy.

Which is exactly what are looking to do. We are only taking our time because we missed out on our main target and are trying to make sure that whoever we go for is of the required quality.

As I said in the past Papadopoulos would be fantastic.

The Greek website doesn't say anything more than although Rodgers was publicly stating that we'll be fine with our current defenders and that Kolo Toure will help us a lot, we made a 14m euros (£12m) bid today, SUNDAY at NOON and that we are hopeful that we'll sign him, although Schalke's asking price is 25m euros (£21m).

Which is exactly what are looking to do. We are only taking our time because we missed out on our main target and are trying to make sure that whoever we go for is of the required quality.

So we're assessing since 3 or 4 weeks ago? How are we doing this? That just makes no sense, if we've not watched the players and made a call in them in competitive games, we shouldn't be going near them. If the club was operating properly, if they lost one target, they should already know who the 2nd target is. Next you'll be saying we're getting through the back catalogue of YouTube clips. You make the club sound like a fucking bunch of amateurs lurching from one thing to another without any pre planning.