You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I hate to pull stats out but he won 40% of his aerial battles according to Opta.

Kolo Toure: An improvement to the Liverpool squad? LFC CB Comparison

He does look decent in that video. I haven't seen him play in a while.

Don't opta stats say Skrtel won over 80%of his aerial battles? People think he's not good enough in the air.

Shows stats can be misleading and your eyes are often the best judge!

Don't opta stats say Skrtel won over 80%of his aerial battles? People think he's not good enough in the air.

Shows stats can be misleading and your eyes are often the best judge!

As I said, I haven't seen him play in ages but had it in my head he wasn't great in the air. Hope he's brilliant as I think he'll be starting for us this season.

Apologies if already posted, but :

They were expected to face strong competition from Real Madrid but the Spaniards don't appear to be interested in him, despite selling Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli in a deal worth £34m.

The Spanish club's mouthpiece, newspaper Marca, claim the club won't sign Suarez "even if he begged".

Instead Real are to continue their pursuit of Tottenham star Gareth Bale, despite being told told he is not for sale.

From here : Transfer news: Arsenal must pay British record transfer fee of £50m for Luis Suarez - but Real Madrid won't sign the Liverpool striker 'even if he begged' - Transfers - Football - The Independent

Liverpool want Luis Muriel - report

By Football Italia staff

With Luis Suarez seemingly on his way out of Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers’ side are hoping Udinese’s Luis Muriel can be his replacement.

The Uruguay international has been heavily linked with a move away from Anfield this summer, with Real Madrid and Arsenal apparently registering their interest.

And according to the Daily Star, the Premier League side have already pin-pointed the Zebrette goalscorer has Suarez’s potential successor.

The 22-year-old scored 11 goals in 22 appearances last term and could be available for a fee of around €15m.

Play the world's most challenging fantasy football game by selecting players from Europe's top five leagues and competing for prizes.

Liverpool want Luis Muriel - report | Football Italia

Latest Independent piece says Guardiola/Suarez would like someone from the league to check the contract details.

All a bit reminiscent of how he ended up at Ajax.

Luis Suarez would be happy for the Premier League to step in and settle his contract-clause dispute with Liverpool such is the conviction of the player and his agent, Pere Guardiola, that they are in the right.

The League may offer to mediate in the row between Liverpool and Arsenal, and the player’s camp are* understood to welcome independent arbitration stressing that both verbal and written assurances were given in the renegotiation of the Uruguayan striker’s contract last summer.

Luis Suarez pins hopes on Premier League settling Liverpool-Arsenal stand-off - Premier League - Football - The Independent

IM a big fan of toure but he is not the answer to our aerial problems, just think back to how crouch used to terrorise an arsenal defence that included kolo when he was here.

Crouch is 6'7, hardly a common example.

Injury history is too great a risk. Muscle issues, played a shitload of top flight football at an age where he was still growing, his legs are shot.

Yeah have read about some of his injury issues and thought that was clearly a factor, just surprised nobody in europe has taken the gamble considering how good he was. Because he's still only 23 it just has me baffled a bit.

So this soldado, how many 28+ year old forwards have come to the prem for the first time and been brilliant. I've seen very little of soldado so I've no idea what type of striker he is.

That'd be my concern. I always think of the likes of Morientes. Good player but couldn't get used to the game over here at the stage of his career he joined us.

I'd be wary of paying £25m for him this summer but at the same time couldn't give you many realistic alternatives. I couldn't even name one player I'd like to see come in as a suarez replacement who would be a viable buy!

So this soldado, how many 28+ year old forwards have come to the prem for the first time and been brilliant. I've seen very little of soldado so I've no idea what type of striker he is.

A fucking brilliant one.

Strong, reasonably quick, excellent movement off the ball, good finisher, and lethal in the air.

If we signed him he'd get 20+ league goals in his first season.

Are we actually looking to buy anybody else. Has the whole club read the secret and think were going to wish ourselves into top 4. We've made a slight improvement on downing possibly is that the big push for top 4. Just so e fucking rumors of signing a quality player would be nice, someone make something up for fucks sake.

Tijani Babangida and Ariel Ortega being scouted.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A fucking brilliant one.

Strong, reasonably quick, excellent movement off the ball, good finisher, and lethal in the air.

If we signed him he'd get 20+ league goals in his first season.

Yep. He's a top quality player. I can't see it happen. Dead cert for Spurs, I'd say.

Centrebacks - I don't think the players themselves are the reason we parted like the red sea so much last season - more the fact that our full backs play most of the game in the opposing half (manager's choice) and our midfield can't tackle. I'm pretty happy with the centre backs we have compared to others in the league.

Money - have FSG put their hand in their pockets yet? Or have we just spent what we've recouped on sales? I'm pessimistic about the answer.

New signings - I don't slave away over World Soccer Magazine anymore so have no idea about who's good but generally we need MORE GERMANS AND POLES.

My view on it, and I'm a bell-end, is that we stop signing fucking Spanish speaking lads.

Samuel Etoo now not a spring chicken but still World Class and perfect for our system. Now in the last year of his contract at Anzhi, who have just lost Hiddink as manager. He's 32, this is his last chance. Could we reach a deal and bring him in for a season to get us CL?

Christian Benteke is mental. I just get this vibe off him that he's going to score goals mercilessly and there's very little that defenders will be able to do about it.

Burak Yilmaz? 28 years old, only one year into a 5 year contract with Galatasaray, so unlikely to be shifted on the cheap. Top class though, a bull.

Vedan Ibisevic has been scoring goals in the Bundesliga at a very good rate since 2007. Still only 28, he could be a bargain and a hungry and committed striker who won't feel the pressure.

Artjoms Rudnevs could be a gem, currently 25 and at Hamburg.

But my best suggestion would be Lisandro Lopez from Lyon. Just a fox in the box, he can mishit a shot and it's bottom corner, one of those.

It seems to me that Sevilla did the best buying this Summer in the striker department by brining in Carlos Bacca and Raul Rusescu from smaller teams who have brilliant scoring records, all for half the fee they sold Negredo for probably. That's how you do business.

Son-Heung Min also moved for £8m this Summer, steal for Leverkeusen.