You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

So who's Peter Phillips when he's at home?

Soldado's a player I like, but at his age & price, I doubt it. Can only see him possibly being a Luis replacement too.

Meant to be a very well connected ITK who called the Assaidi and Kolo deals before anyone else. I've followed him for a while on twitter and he does seem very knowledgeable.

Meant to be a very well connected ITK who called the Assaidi and Kolo deals before anyone else. I've followed him for a while on twitter and he does seem very knowledgeable.

I'd find it hard to believe anyone on twitter tbh. Very easy to call a few deals.

I'd find it hard to believe anyone on twitter tbh. Very easy to call a few deals.

I know what you mean, as there are a lot of wannabe's on Twitter, but this guy seems very genuine.

We shall just have to wait and see I guess.

If Higuain is truly off to Napoli, where's does that leave Suarez? Have to think Real will be in for him now.

It might just help them gather funds to make an insane bid for Bale.

Was reading earlier that City have spent 89mil so far, and we still have plenty of time left for them to spend more. Would be interested in knowing how Platini thinks that's staying within the FFP rules, but he's probably too conflicted now that French clubs are also at it.

Good to know we might be going after one of Spurs targets too, after the shit we've had to put up with from them doing the same all the time with us.

Never seen soldado, but he's supposed to be ace. If we are losing Luis, then at least we're hopefully getting a top player.

On a sidenote, I think Suarez is going to do something mental this season. If the money we get for him, gets us 2-3 positions sorted, then good riddance. Next time, he acts like a lunatic, the FA will throw the book at him. If he leaves for Arsenal, then it shows you what a cunt he is.

Never seen soldado, but he's supposed to be ace. If we are losing Luis, then at least we're hopefully getting a top player.

On a sidenote, I think Suarez is going to do something mental this season. If the money we get for him, gets us 2-3 positions sorted, then good riddance. Next time, he acts like a lunatic, the FA will throw the book at him. If he leaves for Arsenal, then it shows you what a cunt he is.

If he moved to arsenal the press would start backing him!

At least that rules out Higuain going to them wankers from north London. He would have been an ace signing for them, but as usual Arsenal flatter to deceive. Apparently they never even bid for him in the end. What an utter joke of a football club.

I hate them. Lots. The fucking cunts.

If he moved to arsenal the press would start backing him!

The press despise him and always will. There are a lot of good ordinary football fans around the country who will totally lose respect for him if he leaves us. If he went to a European club, I'd be annoyed but would find it understandable. Him leaving for Arsenal, just shows he's a mercenary.

Not sure if true, I know they were linked with Gonalons but Rafa only has a 2million net spend so far... so who knows.

footballitalia ‏@footballitalia 55m

After Gonzalo Higuain and Pepe Reina, #Napoli are also bidding for Jackson Martinez and Maxime Gonalons Jackson and Gonalons for Napoli? | Football Italia … #Porto #OL

Leave us some players please Rafa.

Enrique hasn't been great so far in pre-season but do we think that Cissokho will be much better? He looks just as erratic to me. Hopefully the competition will bring out the best of both of them.

Enrique was the same last pre season, he's quite a big bloke and probably takes a little longer than some others to get to his best. He was great last season though and I doubt Cissokho is better than him, but as you say nice to have some competition for him and depth in the squad.

The press despise him and always will. There are a lot of good ordinary football fans around the country who will totally lose respect for him if he leaves us. If he went to a European club, I'd be annoyed but would find it understandable. Him leaving for Arsenal, just shows he's a mercenary.

It was more of a joke than an observation. Pretty much all footballers are mercenaries. There aren't many who have a clubs best interests at heart....unless it benefits their own portfolio.