You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

What the fuck are you all getting so worked up about?

Pepe didn't even want to be here this season, he wanted Barcelona! They fucked him off and we are left with a sub on £5m a year - so lets keep him for a year, waste a shed load of money until he can sign for Barcelona next season! Fuck off - i'd rather he went, but he won't as he wants Barcelona. But as is the case with anything to do with this club the Pavlovian response from some of our fans is blame FSG!

just depends how much bullshit you're willing to accept.

suppose it's easier when you're not forking out on ticket prices that continue to rise

And you can fuck off with that snide shit! You might want to have a little look at those lining up alongside side because there are quite a few who don't go, ignore that fact if it makes you feel superior - but it won't make you right.

Do we really want a guy on such high wages who doesn't want to be here? We have a replacement goalkeeper who was probably at least as good last season. If Reina is sold next season we get a fair amount of cash. I'm guessing he refused a sale this summer in hope of Barca next year. I can see the club's reasoning. The only concern is that he'll be worth less next season as he'll be a year older.

Pepe is the one who caused this situation - ignoring his form, he wanted to go - we got his replacement in quickly, Barcelona fucked him off and we were left with him. Why should we drop Mignolet so that a player who wanted away feels wanted for a year, until he does eventually go!

It is world cup year and Pepe won't want to sit on the bench - so he goes on loan for a year, we could have been cunts here and said find a club or stay on the bench - this allows him to move to Barcelona at the end of the season.

Some proper reactionary idiots all over this thread. Can't believe what our support base has turned into, we don't even have all the facts yet and there are a load of grown men acting worse than when a teenage girl gets dumped. Some people on here need to take a long hard look at themselves as this place is a mess.

So much so that the silence from the owner of this place is deafening, he's probably sick and tired and the repetitive, monotonous flinging of shit that this place has turned into, it's a rarity that a thread doesn't turn into name calling on this place. What is wrong with some of you people?

Are you so mentally challenged you can't disagree with someone and try to get your opinion across with resorting to ridiculous name calling?

Has it actually occurred to anyone that Rodgers had a plan to try and get the best out of Reina by bringing someone else in, like something that's happening at Manchester United? But Reina doesn't actually fancy fighting for his place and has decided he wants out? The Barça deal has fallen through so now we are trying to make the best of a tricky situation?

The above is just one of a whole load of different scenarios, we haven't the facts yet and there are people on here trying there best to give themselves an ulcer with the bile that's being spread.

Rodgers is going to make mistakes, he might not even make it here who knows? But why some of your bother supporting this club if you could call it that is a mystery to me.

Guest San Don
Pepe isn't a world class keeper anymore.

This, in a nutshell. The last 3 seasons he's been giving some really soft goals away. We've now brought in some quality competition and for whatever reason, he's going elsewhere.

The conclusion is he's been told he's not automatic first choice this coming season.

I've already seen people commenting about Mingolet's 'concentration' and whether he'll conceed more goals or make more mistakes because he wont be as 'busy' as at sunderland.

Have these people forgotten all the soft goal reina has conceeded? His performance on chelsea's opener in the cup final was a classic example of his errors.

Then you see people like me you support the club, the manager and fsg. I've no agenda against anyone, infact I can fully understand the logic of buying a keeper before you sell the current one, I still think Reina is excellent but he could have no one but himself to blame if Rodgers wanted rid. A loan is just fucking mental, what the fuck is the rush? We had 6 weeks to try sell him and there is no way we would have been stuck with him, a loan deal could have been arranged with 20 clubs in the morning.

You are completely forgetting one vitally important thing: what the player wants.

What the fuck are you all getting so worked up about?

Pepe didn't even want to be here this season, he wanted Barcelona! They fucked him off and we are left with a sub on £5m a year - so lets keep him for a year, waste a shed load of money until he can sign for Barcelona next season! Fuck off - i'd rather he went, but he won't as he wants Barcelona. But as is the case with anything to do with this club the Pavlovian response from some of our fans is blame FSG!

I'd rep if I could.

If the option to make £20m from his sale was on the table, then we would have taken it.

Reina was starting to look like a professional sub for both Spain and us. Aw, Barca not phoned back?

Meh.

You are completely forgetting one vitally important thing: what the player wants.

I don't give a fuck what any under contract player wants. If they have anything more than 12 months on their contract, they have no fucking say whatsoever. At 12 months it only becomes a decision so we may want to get a fee, but he can say no.

This, in a nutshell. The last 3 seasons he's been giving some really soft goals away. We've now brought in some quality competition and for whatever reason, he's going elsewhere.

The conclusion is he's been told he's not automatic first choice this coming season.

I've already seen people commenting about Mingolet's 'concentration' and whether he'll conceed more goals or make more mistakes because he wont be as 'busy' as at sunderland.

Have these people forgotten all the soft goal reina has conceeded? His performance on chelsea's opener in the cup final was a classic example of his errors.

You had to go that far to find an example shows how desperate you are to come round to FSG's thinking. You are one of the worst apologists for them.

You want these people to be right so bad, dont you?

In other news, some of us have seen this coming based on last seasons baffling dropping of reina for a 2nd division goalkeeper all season, hes definately been forced out not the way you claim he couldnt handle a bit of competition etc.

Total nonsense, Ive been saying we have been forcing Reina out all last season. Revisionism on here though, all the crazy cats now saying replacing Reina has been a priority for the past 2 seasons. REEALLY!!

Pepe has CL teams after him such as Barca and Napoli, Mignolet had us in for him and no one else. Go figure.

One has been proven at the top level and one hasnt.

Guess the inexperienced Rogers doesnt want any challenges to his limited authority.

You had to go that far to find an example shows how desperate you are to come round to FSG's thinking. You are one of the worst apologists for them.

You want these people to be right so bad' date=' dont you?

In other news, some of us have seen this coming based on last seasons baffling dropping of reina for a 2nd division goalkeeper all season, hes definately been forced out not the way you claim he couldnt handle a bit of competition etc.

Total nonsense, Ive been saying we have been forcing Reina out all last season. Revisionism on here though, all the crazy cats now saying replacing Reina has been a priority for the past 2 seasons. REEALLY!!

Pepe has CL teams after him such as Barca and Napoli, Mignolet had us in for him and no one else. Go figure.

One has been proven at the top level and one hasnt.

Guess the inexperienced Rogers doesnt want any challenges to his limited authority.[/quote']

Apart from Barça don't want him this season. Do they? And Napoli want him on the cheap. They are really pushing the boat out for him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You had to go that far

He didn't have to at all. You could go back to February and check out his run of three games against Arsenal, City and West Brom. Reina has been a quality keeper for us, but pretending he hasn't been totally off his game for at least a couple of seasons is delusional.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

Apart from Barça don't want him this season. Do they? And Napoli want him on the cheap. They are really pushing the boat out for him.

Of course they do, and they know full well that off us you've got a decent chance.

They've got a 23 year old Brazilian keeper that they paid £4m for, which is why they're loaning a high quality experienced keeper for a season.

I don't give a fuck what any under contract player wants. If they have anything more than 12 months on their contract, they have no fucking say whatsoever. At 12 months it only becomes a decision so we may want to get a fee, but he can say no.

Only it doesn't work like that. Top players almost always get what they want, regardless of length of contract.

He didn't have to at all. You could go back to February and check out his run of three games against Arsenal, City and West Brom. Reina has been a quality keeper for us, but pretending he hasn't been totally off his game for at least a couple of seasons is delusional.

Show me the clips of his mistakes?

How many teams were after Mignolet?

Doesn't matter.

Not many sides were after Coutinho or Sturridge either. As long as Mignolet is good enough we'll all be happy.

God there's some whiners on here

For the last 4 years we have come 6th to 8th

I'm all for letting Pepe move on & getting a good experienced hungry keeper in

Let's see how we stand at the end of August. I'd let Skrtel go also.

I was not 100% sure about Brendan last year but I'm 100% behind him now

He knows he has to have us challenging for top 4 this year or he will be off.

Aspas, Coutinho, Sturridge is a pretty good attacking threat,and Borini will improve, if Suarez goes (and I'm not arsed if he does after his recent antics) we'll spend it well I am confident, if he stays I think we'll get top 4

Get behind those that want to play for us & sod the rest.

Even with the best of your arguments, why loan out Reina, 6 weeks to go, a shitload of clubs out there looking for players of Reina's quality, Napoli sitting on £100m, in the CL, enquire about a transfer and we offer to loan him out and pay at least half his wage?

Rogers has been on record as claiming he was staying and there was gonna be competition for place, has he been out there, with a straight face lying to the fans time after time about this?

The fucking gall!

Is it a wonder no one believes anything either him or the club come out with anymore?.

Next time he says Suarez is staying, or then staying unless something drastic happens and we end up laoning him out to Barca we will see a load of wankers coming on here to justify it and tell us we need to money or how else are barca or the boston red socks meant to compete if we dont do it?