You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Well done liverpool 1.5 million for Spearing when he was Blackburn's best player and in the championship best XI. Good business, sell low, buy high.

250px-The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg

Yes we win again....err wait!

It amazes me how many people don't understand the relationship of value to length of contract remaining. Spearing is a good player, but available on a pre-contract in january. I really like Spearing but I think that is a fair price.

This might get you excited!

Liverpool have held talks with West Ham United over a possible move for Stewart Downing, as Rodgers continues to remove expensive signings from the club's wage bill. West Ham have followed up their £15m signing of Andy Carroll with an inquiry for his England international colleague, who has entered the final two years of his Anfield contract. That position would impact on Liverpool's negotiating stance and, though no bid has been received for Downing, West Ham would have to pay in excess of £8m to land the 28-year-old winger.

Liverpool hold talks with Luis Suárez's agent after rejecting Arsenal bid | Football | The Guardian

Haha at one stage I had a hatred for Downing wasn't a bad towards the end of last season I'd still love to see him go as we won't improve unless we upgrade on him.

They paid 10m for Jarvis who is a poor mans downing, 8m a minimum is a fair deal considering his wage and age.Fuck selling him for a measly fee and paying part if his wages especially with us having no replacement for him.He is the only proper winger we have and he has a good attitude and is a good squad player, unless we receive a good offer id be in no rush to sell.

Shut Up

Shut Up

Shut Up

Shut Up

Would you swap Luis for Lewandoski (and maybe a bit of cash thrown in?)?

Not way would Lewandoski join us.

He wants Bayern and has 12months on his contract.Cant see Dortmund not selling to them,they will demand a big fee or certain players in the deal but he won't walk on a free and will get the move he wants.

Our best hope of competing next season is to bluff our way through the Suarez situation, and hope that he comes out of his expected sulk during his 6 games on the sidelines.

We won't sign a player anywhere near as good if he goes.

No chance.

We do not sell Suarez even if he threatens to strike.

We play hard ball.

Would you swap Luis for Lewandoski (and maybe a bit of cash thrown in?)?

Depends on who's throwing the cash. I don't want to see Luis leave but it seems to be what he wants.

Lewandowski reminds me of Rushie a bit - would love to have him.

Cissokho, anyone?

Valencia defender Aly Cissokho has welcomed renewed talk of a move to Liverpool, but says no transfer talks have been held.

The France international has been regularly linked with a switch to England ever since he burst onto the European scene at Porto.

He has kept Premier League suitors waiting - taking in a three-year stint at Lyon before moving to Spain in 2012.

There is, however, every chance that a transfer could be put in place this summer, with financial difficulties at Valencia leaving them open to offers for their prized assets.

Cissokho admits he would welcome the opportunity to experience life at Anfield, but is reluctant to speculate on where his future will lie until a formal approach is made.

The 25-year-old full-back said: "I will not believe that I am going anywhere until I am in Liverpool and having a medical.

"Liverpool is such a great club, so to be linked with them is fantastic. But there is nothing concrete from anyone at the moment.

"If there is an opportunity to join such a club, I will take it. Valencia are a great club, in a great city, but Liverpool are a legendary club."

Transfer news: Aly Cissokho welcomes Liverpool link, but says no talks held | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

so big Sam has taken Cole, Carroll and possibly downing. when at Bolton he took el hadj diouf toa

that along with his twitter is making me warm to him.

I love the man already. His buying instincts are remarkable

If he gets Downing though, he'd be my all time hero

Cissokho, anyone?

Valencia defender Aly Cissokho has welcomed renewed talk of a move to Liverpool, but says no transfer talks have been held.

The France international has been regularly linked with a switch to England ever since he burst onto the European scene at Porto.

He has kept Premier League suitors waiting - taking in a three-year stint at Lyon before moving to Spain in 2012.

There is, however, every chance that a transfer could be put in place this summer, with financial difficulties at Valencia leaving them open to offers for their prized assets.

Cissokho admits he would welcome the opportunity to experience life at Anfield, but is reluctant to speculate on where his future will lie until a formal approach is made.

The 25-year-old full-back said: "I will not believe that I am going anywhere until I am in Liverpool and having a medical.

"Liverpool is such a great club, so to be linked with them is fantastic. But there is nothing concrete from anyone at the moment.

"If there is an opportunity to join such a club, I will take it. Valencia are a great club, in a great city, but Liverpool are a legendary club."

Transfer news: Aly Cissokho welcomes Liverpool link, but says no talks held | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Somebody who wants us at least. Get him.

We seem to be linked with Cissokho every year. We apparently were going to buy him before we got Enrique and I'm pretty sure we were linked again last summer.

Yea we were and he has previously stated a strong desire to come here even when we were not doing that good and his stock was high and he was being linked with top clubs.

I think Enrique needs competition and this guy is perfect choice, hes not a young up and coming defender or guy at end of career hes coming in to his prime.

Proper competition and he has potential to be a top lb, whoever played out of the two would know they needed to perform.He is also available for low fee this summer, hope we finally get him.