You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Seems like Shelvey could very well be off, and it also seems like we'll be looking to bring in players for the attacking midfield position, Alberto and or Mkhitaryan. The latter has looked good for Shakhtar with plenty of goals from midfield.

I like the sound of this Mkhitaryan chap.

Is Shelvey deffo off? Shame. I really like him

Pepe sounds quite unequivocal in his pledge to stick with us, of course because Valdes has decided to end his contract with Barca. I don't think we would need two high caliber keepers in the team.

Actually I wouldn't be to against it, if we the club can afford it and bring all other targets in as well.. Having 2 good keepers competing for first team place is always nice.

Actually I wouldn't be to against it, if we the club can afford it and bring all other targets in as well.. Having 2 good keepers competing for first team place is always nice.

Agreed, but can't see a good , regular starter agreeing to come to Liverpool where he knows he'll sit on the bench unless Pepe gets an injury.Wouldn't make sense for a footballer who wants to play.

Exactly.

Another good keeper would give Pepe the competition he's needed for a number of years, even if he decides to leave in 12 months he won't want to mess up his next move by losing his first team place at LFC, so will up his game.

Agreed, but can't see a good , regular starter agreeing to come to Liverpool where he knows he'll sit on the bench unless Pepe gets an injury.Wouldn't make sense for a footballer who wants to play.

Cup matches and the promise of being first choice at LFC in 12 months isn't a bad deal.

Exactly.

Another good keeper would give Pepe the competition he's needed for a number of years, even if he decides to leave in 12 months he won't want to mess up his next move by losing his first team place at LFC, so will up his game.

Cup matches and the promise of being first choice at LFC in 12 months isn't a bad deal.

This is hardly likely to inspire Pepe though.

No club in world football, apart from possibly Real Madrid, has a second keeper as good as Mignolet.

Would be a complete waste of money to have both at the club at the same time.

You are probably right, as I said if we can afford it. I'd say ideally that we bring in Mignolet and if the club knows Pepe will leave for Barca (we should agree some pre-deal kind of thing for a proper fee - 15M+) after this season we can give Mignolet a real good test to see if he is the keeper we want. That way there won't be anyting unknown for Mignolet and for the club what to expect from him. But he would not be my first choice, though..

You are probably right, as I said if we can afford it. I'd say ideally that we bring in Mignolet and if the club knows Pepe will leave for Barca (we should agree some pre-deal kind of thing for a proper fee - 15M+) after this season we can give Mignolet a real good test to see if he is the keeper we want. That way there won't be anyting unknown for Mignolet and for the club what to expect from him. But he would not be my first choice, though..

My first choice would be keeping Pepe.

He's hardly used us as a stop gap. We're the 7th best team in England now ffs. Every player we have or will sign would leave us for Barca, with the exception of Gerrard(maybe).

And Agger. And all the ones who wouldn't go there because they wouldn't get a game there.

I have no problem with Pepe wanting to go to Barcelona. Good luck to him if he does; he has served us well. I just don't want him to be just biding his time with us until they come knocking in 12 months.

According to this article Ayre the Mong continued to contact Aspas's bogus agents even after they had been rumbled. Now Spanish Football Federation are refusing to release his international clearance papers as they are pissed with Ayre the Mong, the bogus agents and Liverpool.

Liverpool's Iago Aspas transfer BLOCKED by Spanish Football Federation - Mirror Online

According to this article Ayre the Mong continued to contact Aspas's bogus agents even after they had been rumbled. Now Spanish Football Federation are refusing to release his international clearance papers as they are pissed with Ayre the Mong, the bogus agents and Liverpool.

Liverpool's Iago Aspas transfer BLOCKED by Spanish Football Federation - Mirror Online

Ayre is a twat, spot on - but the Spanish FA have an issue with Aspas' brother who has been a prat with them - not the club.

Ayre may not be all that long for his job.

And Agger. And all the ones who wouldn't go there because they wouldn't get a game there.

I have no problem with Pepe wanting to go to Barcelona. Good luck to him if he does; he has served us well. I just don't want him to be just biding his time with us until they come knocking in 12 months.

I don't think that's the way Pepe works. I think he's one of those rare players with a sense of honour about such things.

Outrageous if true; just how clueless could this Ayre guy be. It beats me how was able to climb up there to the summit without knowledge of the basic workings of the transfer market. No common sense either.