You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have you had your thyroid gland checked mate? Might be the cause of both blood pressure and you feeling too hot all the time. My sister's fella has the same problem and it turned out it was down to the gland being overactive.

Never had that checked as far as I remember mate, cheers for the heads up. Will ask the quack next time I'm in.

I don't have 'friends' in work anymore. I have colleagues I get on with and wankers.

Sad really but just the way it is.

£20k extra? I'd have this place place like clock work but I honestly don't think I'd be any different to any one than I am now.

At least.

Management's a lonely place. I count some of the people I work with as my best friends. We've worked together for years and always look out for each other

At least.

Management's a lonely place. I count some of the people I work with as my best friends. We've worked together for years and always look out for each other

I was the same, I'd worked with people for over a decade and some true friends were through work.

I'll tell you what though, there were cunts there I couldn't fucking stand but I respected them. They did their job bloody well and no one would know we hated each other.

That was down to the people though not my, or their job role. I'd have 'friends' where I work now. No problem. They'd just have to be people I respect in work and out of it and not too many fit that criteria.

I've always had the idea that people at work were people you were forced into knowing and therefore not ideal friend material. That might be changing since I got out of the corporate clusterfuck and started in the "third sector".

It's the same in every sector mate.

Wankers are every where, decent people everywhere.