You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I could do. It depends how well these two do with phase one, and whether they need any additional external resources if it goes global. 

Things can, and do, change so I’ll keep my own council (apart from venting on here, to the wife, to the kids, to my mum, to my mates, to the dog, to the old chap in the garage…) and see what happens.

To be honest, if I could, I’d stop work completely (I know I’m not alone in that). I’m becoming more and more disillusioned with the way people behave and I just don’t have the resilience anymore to roll with the punches. 

Fuck, my life is a piece of piss compared to many. I know that. I don’t have cancer like my sister, Parkinson’s like my mother, and I’m not dead like my brother and dad for a start. 

I’m tired though. Not enough kindness in this world. 

@Creator Supremeis almost right. We will be done as a species if we don’t stop eating ourselves at every opportunity. 

Don't let it grind you down. Rant on here instead. 

Ps - Maybe if you released the old guy from your garage you'd both feel better. 

• Haha 3

On 24/10/2023 at 10:27, lifetime fan said:

Have a managers away day 10-4 in London today. 

A colleague and I had planned to go up yesterday, I’d drive us up and we were just going to get a cheap hotel last night as the first train wouldn’t get into Paddington until 10:15. 

Would have cost about £400 for the pair of us. 

Chief Exec refused the hotel and insisted we had to get the train up and back in a day. 

Which is now going to cost over £600 for the two of us. 

Signal failure before Exeter and we’ve only just got to Reading, when we finally get into Paddington we still then need to get across to Friends House Euston. 

The cunt has now messaged three times asking how much later are we going to be. 

This is the video the chief exec wanted all managers to travel to London to watch the unveiling of as he’d narrated it.

Just so he could give Matt Hancock crocodile tears and tell everyone how moved he was. 

I’m convinced more than one person heard me mutter ‘what a fucking cunt’. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

That is genuinely amazing. I am struggling to believe it isn't a parody. Never seen such a bunch of word salad in all my life!

"we introduced and embedded revolutionary new solutions"
"when quality improvements were needed across the sector"

"we have pushed the sector to reach new heights"

Could have just summed it up in 10 seconds by saying "it's probably important to make sure our employees are satisfied with their jobs."

Feel free to pass this advice along to them, I can bill them later for my consultancy services.

4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

This is the video the chief exec wanted all managers to travel to London to watch the unveiling of as he’d narrated it.

Just so he could give Matt Hancock crocodile tears and tell everyone how moved he was. 

That company couldn't give a flying fuck for their care staff, if they did, front and centre would be how they were improving hours, conditions and most importantly pay. Everything they listed that they were doing for their staff was utter utter meaningless non quantifiable bollocks.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Our accounts team have a little bell that thye ring when they have recieved good news, fucking annoying.

On the plus side my director is the only other biker in the company and keeps bringing me coffee after i came off mine recently.

Sounds like anarchy 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sounds like anarchy 

I'm quite fortunate, there's no-one to instantly dislike. Everyone is paid crazy money and loves the place.

We keep getting a warehouse position turned down which is a simple pick/pack/ship at 24k!  8-4.30pm! The mind boggles.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

I'm quite fortunate, there's no-one to instantly dislike. Everyone is paid crazy money and loves the place.

We keep getting a warehouse position turned down which is a simple pick/pack/ship at 24k!  8-4.30pm! The mind boggles.

I think you missed the shit joke! But sounds ace all the same! 

6 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I love the subtlety of combining "we have pushed the sector to reach new heights" with a shot of some bloke on a mountain peak. Was Kubrick involved in this?

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Had some demented witch today threaten me by email to give my email details to the surgical patients that she has had to cancel on upcoming procedures.

The daft bint thinks i am going to install thousands of pounds worth of medical equipment without a PO, which i pulled her up on as i requested one 3 times and that we need one before the engineers come to install.

I was so close to telling her that there is this little thing called GDPR and giving my email out would be breaching that. But no, i bit my lip and sucked it up, the fuckin moose.

• 2 weeks later...

Performance review tomorrow after 3 months in.

MD told me today not to worry about it too much, doing fine., its just crossing the T's etc. He also let slip that he likes my approach to clients of being honest and straight whereas my younger colleagues that manage projects are fresh out of Uni, hungry for success and are rather cut-throat and too serious when they talk to clients.

So, here i am sat filling out this feckin review form and i just want to go all out Big Keith.

On 01/02/2024 at 02:14, lifetime fan said:

I thought it was an Independence Day sequel at the start.

• Upvote 1

On 31/01/2024 at 19:43, Clem H Fandango said:

Our accounts team have a little bell that thye ring when they have recieved good news, fucking annoying.

On the plus side my director is the only other biker in the company and keeps bringing me coffee after i came off mine recently.

339D31F4-9B0A-46A7-AD27-632BE54BB453.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just completed my second round of Redundancy's for the business since October last year. 

Absolute cunt of a job and I lost team members that I would call "friends". Tough dealing with integrity to the process and not letting anything slip etc and having to make some of the "good guys" redundant but thats life. The criteria really did leave me with some absolute bell Whiff's though. 

Anyway; think I mentioned previously that we have also lost the contract at work so come end of June we will all be out of work. 

I have accepted another roll with another company and handed my notice in. Would be looking at approx 13K take home after tax with Statutory and PILON. Decision was made that it was more beneficial for me and the mrs,kids to accept the new role and to have continuous employment as opposed to hanging on for the pay out as this would only cover 3-4 months of not having a job. 

My business came back and said that at somepoint last year my notice period changed from x 2 months to x 3 months. Have gone back to my new employer who wasnt thrilled about this but was still ok with it. 

I have however asked if they will wait a further month for me as I will then be 13K better off. They are likely to say no........ my business wont make me redundant before hand. 

I think I am going on sick for the next 2 months. 

4 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

I have just completed my second round of Redundancy's for the business since October last year. 

Absolute cunt of a job and I lost team members that I would call "friends". Tough dealing with integrity to the process and not letting anything slip etc and having to make some of the "good guys" redundant but thats life. The criteria really did leave me with some absolute bell Whiff's though. 

Anyway; think I mentioned previously that we have also lost the contract at work so come end of June we will all be out of work. 

I have accepted another roll with another company and handed my notice in. Would be looking at approx 13K take home after tax with Statutory and PILON. Decision was made that it was more beneficial for me and the mrs,kids to accept the new role and to have continuous employment as opposed to hanging on for the pay out as this would only cover 3-4 months of not having a job. 

My business came back and said that at somepoint last year my notice period changed from x 2 months to x 3 months. Have gone back to my new employer who wasnt thrilled about this but was still ok with it. 

I have however asked if they will wait a further month for me as I will then be 13K better off. They are likely to say no........ my business wont make me redundant before hand. 

I think I am going on sick for the next 2 months. 

Do what’s best for you and your family, pay mind to those who you consider friends.

Fuck everyone else.