You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People Like Us

Rico1304

I remember how depressed and embarrassed I was when I watched 'Desperate Scousewives'. But at least it concerned people who washed and lived in homes that didn't have fungus for wallpaper. It also had a couple of decent looking women parading around.

'People Like Us' is truly horrific. The people are uniformly dumb, dirty and deformed. How other Mancunians view this advert for genocide is anyone's guess. But it must gall them to be associated with this cretin's enclave. David Attenborough's stuff hasn't uncovered anything this primitive. It will make you gasp, it will make you laugh and it will make you puke.

I must say, though, that it does vindicate my smug, Scouse sense of superiority over our acquaintances from along the East Lancs.

It's incredible how places like this are decivilising. People are regressing into savages in these ghettoes. Subhuman, almost like a different sub-species that has no cognitive capacity but learnt to operate a TV remote control.

Is it the place or is it the people?

The old saying "you can take the person out of the slum but you can't take the slum out of the person" is very true. Seen it happen too many times.

Sounds like it is worth a watch just for Manc baiting opportunities.

What channel. I'm off today so have the free time to spare on shite like this.

It's on BBC3, so you can still view it on iPlayer.

I used to work down the road from where it's filmed (next to the Marple Arch pub which a few on here have mentioned) and it truly is a shit-hole. I've been in the flats there and was gob-smacked at how scummy they were. Still not as bad as Oldham though.