You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oscar Pistorius

Champ

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Owen Jones straight in there I see. Quelle Suprise, never misses a chance to hop aboard the outrage train does Owen.

That's only when he's stopped talking about his northern roots and reminding anyone who'll listen that he's from the north because he used to live in the north in fact just call him Owen 'THE NORTH" Jones. 

• 2 weeks later...

Starting on tonight on BBC 2 at 9:10 pm.

The Trials of Oscar Pistorius

When South Africans woke up on 14 February 2013, they could not have seen what was coming. Oscar Pistorius, one of their country’s most popular sportsmen and a figure of inspiration, had shot dead his girlfriend, model and paralegal Reeva Steenkamp. The first episode of a four-part series explores the week following the murder of Reeva, from the moment of the late-night phone call, when it was still unclear who the victim was, to hours later when she was confirmed to be Reeva Steenkamp. South Africa was thrown into turmoil. As his bail hearing unfolded, a surreal sequence of drama and emotion unfolded, and a terrible crime began to be chronicled by a ravenous global tabloid media. After becoming an overnight sensation at the 2004 Paralympics, as a double-amputee teenage sprinter who shattered records, the news was all the more shocking. Eight days after the killing of Reeva Steenkamp, Pistorius was granted bail.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 14/02/2013 at 09:18, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

What the fuck was she doing robbing him anyway? More proof that women are mental.

On 14/02/2013 at 09:19, Section_31 said:

Consider that a divorce.

On 14/02/2013 at 10:30, Tom R said:

Police found a 9mm pistol and two sawn-offs.

On 14/02/2013 at 15:26, Lario said:

In all fairness to the guy, he couldn't kick her out.

On 19/02/2013 at 21:48, Section_31 said:

Like the way they worded it on the news before. "He put his legs on and went to the bathroom". Matter of fact, like putting some slippers on.

On 20/02/2013 at 14:03, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is it politically incorrect to find those blade feet terrifying. If I woke up in the middle of the night and a man was stood in my room I'd be quite scared but I'd react, if I woke up and a man with those blade feet was stood there I'd probably pull the quilt over my head and start crying.

Gold. 

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Wants to emigrate to the US now apparently but concerns have been raised about him being contagious with prson illnesses. He will have to be vetted by fema.

What the fuck is a prison illness, or don’t I want to know?

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Wants to emigrate to the US now apparently but concerns have been raised about him being contagious with prson illnesses. He will have to be vetted by fema.

13 minutes ago, Curly said:

What the fuck is a prison illness, or don’t I want to know?

Hang on - I missed the joke. I get it now. Jesus, I’m dopey as fuck