Sign in to follow this  
REDTALISKER

Utopia

Anyone else been watching this? New conspiracy drama from Channel 4. Surprised it has not had a mention in the forum. I say new but it's five episodes in now with just one more to go but it's available on 4oD if anyone wants to catch up.

Not giving anything away it revolves around the search for a unpublished graphic novel. It's violent, weird but in a good way, beautifully shot, and has some fantastic memorable characters. I have not enjoyed a British TV series as much since Shadowline. I also love the soundtrack.

_ZYVb8Q5i9w

• Upvote 1

Caught this online and it's ok. Sometimes a bit hit and miss though

Not in the same league as shadow line

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/utopia/31178/utopia-series-2-launch-date-confirmed

Utopia will return to our screens with two episodes over two nights....

The wraps are coming off the second series of Channel 4's Utopia, with the eagerly-awaited new run now confirmed to be starting on Monday 14th July at 10pm. That's just over a week away.

Furthermore, it's also been confirmed that the series will kick off with a double bill over two consecutive nights. So, episode two of the new run will screen on Tuesday 15th July.

Series two of the show will run for six episodes in all. You can read our spoiler-free thoughts on the opening pair of episodes right here.

More on Utopia in the week or two ahead...

So should I bother watching the final episode that I never got around to, due to being bored shitless by the whole thing? Seemed to have promise at the start but went rapidly downhill after that

Caught some of one episode the other night because it had that nice ginger piece in from Game of Thrones, from what I saw it looked quality, might get the first season on DVD.

Watched the first series in two nights last week and really enjoyed it. Interesting ideas, interesting direction and soundtrack and some good performances. The sound definitely had hints of The Shadow Line.

Caught some of one episode the other night because it had that nice ginger piece in from Game of Thrones, from what I saw it looked quality, might get the first season on DVD.

Think its all on 4oD

• Upvote 1

Just finished the second series. I do like it, but sometimes I think it insults the viewers intelligence.

Like the bit at the end when he managed to pump her stomach by doing CPR.

I think this happens a lot, and of course the whole premise is very flawed.

Just finished the second series. I do like it, but sometimes I think it insults the viewers intelligence.

Like the bit at the end when he managed to pump her stomach by doing CPR.

I think this happens a lot, and of course the whole premise is very flawed.

Yep, I thought exactly the same thing and found it spoiled what was a very good moment, if quite bleak.

Watched the first 3 episodes now and I like it, but think my mate hyped it up a bit much. He asked me what I thought of it and I said it was 'very channel 4' 

Just been told that C4 won't be commissioning a 3rd series.

Considering they run with that Hollyoakes shite and them horrific 'I am actually your boss' wank stain programmes, they've got a massive fucking cheek.

Cunts!