You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Utopia

REDTALISKER

Good morning! And what a splendid Friday morning it is.

You may remember me from such scenes as 57 minutes 38 seconds into episode 6 of the first series of Utopia. That's right, I'm 'Man walking down platform with a guitar" (see attached).

If you like me love a good spam filter (who doesn't!), the attached video might be blocked. Fear not! I have taken the time and liberty to take a screen shot, please see below. I'd just like to point out that, without even knowing I was being filmed, I was able to hold and expertly carry my guitar case onto the train stopped at Platform 5 of Liverpool Lime St Station. The only negative was that there was a baby in a pram hogging the limelight in front of me. I bet she was getting paid for it too.

Why am I bringing this to your attention, you may ask? The truth is I have so much talent and so much more material that it would be a travesty if I never featured on the series again. Sure, I can play "Man walking down platform with a guitar" better than most. But then why limit myself? There are so many more roles I could potentially play.

I feel I have the skill sets and experience to convincingly play "Man walking down street with a guitar", "Man crossing road with a guitar" or even "Man walking down beach with a guitar". Genuinely, my talents are limitless.

Don't get me wrong guitars aren't the only thing I can carry, I've carried many things over the years. If required I could be "Man walking down platform with a picnic basket"? You may be surprised but I am not limited to walking either. I could run down the platform although this is not advised due to safety reasons, especially when wet.

I've noticed you love a good slow mo shot in Utopia. Here's an idea, I have the ability to move slower than normal to negate the need for filming in slow motion, thus saving you money. It's a complete no brainer!

More information can be found here: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/petewilliamsonsoftcat/

That's right - I sell IT. As did Ian (in Utopia - yep we're still on topic, just about). That has got to be a sign. When my eyes met his as I boarded that train, there was a moment between us. A real moment. He was all like PETE SON, SEE YOU IN SERIES 3.

I'd hate to disappoint him.

Do it for Ian.

Signing off,

"Man walking down platform carrying guitar"

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

Finally got round to watching season 2 and I'm on episode 3, its superb I haven't clicked on the spoilers but the show is a refreshing change from a lot of shit on tv it's a massive shame they haven't renewed it. Pretty funny in parts and I Love the way it's shot too.

• 1 month later...

Top show this, only watched it a few months back but its defo one of 4od's best.. Rumour is hbo bought out the show and whilst their great at most shows im not sure Utopia will be quite the same, to me  at least. There is a number of american shows out there that follow a similar plot Helix is one example, starts well but the second series is well, not as good. May be why its been shelved who knows. Shame though..