You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He knows fuck all. hes a stubborn SOB who keeps ploughing on with HIS favoured fetishised system, despite not having the right personnel.

We set up (roughly) 442 against City and Arsenal and although we didn't win those games we were excellent.

He then reverts and the results are plain to see.

Too many players all going to shit at the same time.

Have they lost faith in his "methods"?

I'd say almost certainly.

He's holding Liverpool back right now.

He's smacking square pegs in to round holes and adding humiliation on humiliation.

should he be sacked now?

should he be sacked now?

Pointless to do it now, end of the season unless there is a substantial improvement.

He should never have gotten anywhere near the job in the first place. He's not qualified enough to even be on the waiting list for a season ticket let alone our manager. That's before we consider his equally talentless, unproven and inexperienced back room staff.

Pointless to do it now, end of the season unless there is a substantial improvement.

He should never have gotten anywhere near the job in the first place. He's not qualified enough to even be on the waiting list for a season ticket let alone our manager. That's before we consider his equally talentless, unproven and inexperienced back room staff.

so at the end of the season you say.

Guest davelfc

We're not out of the tie yet, let's see what the home leg produces. if we as fans can't get up for the game how the hell do you think the players will.

It's not impossible that we could go through, it's going to be a big ask and could just be that spark that sets us off on a run and turns it all around.

On the Duncan Jenkins thread on here BB claimed to live 2 mins away from Anfield.

On the Duncan Jenkins thread on The Football Ramble he claimed he was in America.

In fact, he posts from the Eastern side of England.

When outed on the DJ thread he disappeared sharpish, not to be seen again until now.

I never claimed to live 2 mins from Anfield, you have made that up (again), I live in Everton Road, that's about 20 mins from Anfield by foot (I don't drive)!

I have never been on 'The Football Ramble', I don't even know what that is (again, you have made this up!)

I post from Everton Road, I have no idea where you have got this idea that I post from the Eastern side of England!

I was never 'outed', I am not sure what you mean by outed to be honest, I stopped posting on that thread when the story died, in fact I was the last person to post on that thread the last time I looked!

So, basically you have made a lot of stuff up here, why?

We're not out of the tie yet, let's see what the home leg produces. if we as fans can't get up for the game how the hell do you think the players will.

It's not impossible that we could turn this around, it's going to be a big ask and could just be that spark that sets us off on a run and turns it all around.

Now that's comedy!

We don't have any central midfield from what I can tell, he doesn't seem to believe in it as a concept. I said the same thing after the arse game when people were cooing over the performance, central midfield was just a black hole.

Whereas last season our midfield was one of our strongest aspects!

If the shit midfield is because of 'Rodgers system/concept/set up', then perhaps someone can explain the successive shit midfield performances that we have endured since Alonso left?

Spearing, Henderson, Shelvey, Adam and Gerrard were all shit last season, not in every match but enough times - i'd have Allen and Gerrard, or Lucas and Gerrard over Allen and Gerrard any time. By all means keep focussing on the manager and then perhaps after we have hounded him out - we can get another manager in and see how he deals with the same problems and shortcomings that have hindered the previous 3 managers as well.

It was a shit performance tonight - and of all the nights we didn't need tonight to be Suarez' off night. That is apparently the 15th time we have conceded two goals within 15 minutes - that needs to be stopped.

Perhaps it is Rodgers own fault for talking about 'his preferred style' of play that has meant fans focus upon that style and see that as the problem - nobody was focussing upon Kenny's system last season.

If the shit midfield is because of 'Rodgers system/concept/set up', then perhaps someone can explain the successive shit midfield performances that we have endured since Alonso left?

Spearing, Henderson, Shelvey, Adam and Gerrard were all shit last season, not in every match but enough times - i'd have Allen and Gerrard, or Lucas and Gerrard over Allen and Gerrard any time. By all means keep focussing on the manager and then perhaps after we have hounded him out - we can get another manager in and see how he deals with the same problems and shortcomings that have hindered the previous 3 managers as well.

It was a shit performance tonight - and of all the nights we didn't need tonight to be Suarez' off night. That is apparently the 15th time we have conceded two goals within 15 minutes - that needs to be stopped.

Perhaps it is Rodgers own fault for talking about 'his preferred style' of play that has meant fans focus upon that style and see that as the problem - nobody was focussing upon Kenny's system last season.

Me too :thumbup:

We could defend last season.

There are 14 premier league matches that suggest differently!

We didn't defend against Bolton, City, or Newcaslte just three matches were we conceeded 3 goals (and could have conceded more).

If we could have defended then we wouldn't have finished 8th.

Obviously I meant Allen, Henderson and Gerrard over Spearing, Adam and Gerrard.

I'm baffled by the way people continually focus on other managers. Why does the fact Dalglish did a good/bad job have anything to do with Rodgers and the way he deploys his team??

The personnel Dalglish bought for midfield were shite, that's why he ended up losing his job. The most heartbroken I've ever been watching Liverpool since he left the first time was watching us in the FA Cup final against Chelsea. Our central midfield were running their hearts out but they were still completely outclassed in every single way, everything it took them 10 passes to do, their counterparts could do in two moves, it was horrible. Could Dalglish have bought better midfielders with the 35m plus he spend on Henderson and Downing? Absolutely.

But again, I don't see what that's got to do with Rodgers.

Rodgers has made baffling substitutions, bought players he's not played, loaned players and fucked them off, the defence is as bad as it's been since the Evans era and coaching to eradicate problems seems non existent. We don't deliver performances anymore, under our previous managers we were always capable of a surprise result aganst a big side, under Rodgers the best we can manage is a 'fantastic' draw.

The caliber of sides we're getting beaten by is telling. When you consider a few years back we were in the Champions League. Imagine if we came up against a Real Madrid or a Juventus now? People would be throwing themselves out of windows.

Points, positons, cups, all come secondary to how the side is actually being played and is being built. If I saw the foundations of something stable, if I saw coherent tactics, substitutions, and general play I'd be happy, genuinely.

I don't doubt Rodgers still has the potential to achieve things in the game, the problem is - and has always been - at this absolutely crucial juncture in its history, this club was not the place to provide that learning curve. It's breathtaking that it was ever the case, or that people like Martinez were considered. Absolute suicide from word go.

Hmmm not his fault tbh. The current situation we are in is because of the few past transfer windows. I'm sorry but apart from suarez the last 3 years were just shit and full of medicore players. The likes of downing and henderson who play a good match every 5 matches or every 2 matches and when they do we all come and say there perfect etcc they need time but then time and time again the prove to us why they arent the players that will get us top 4. our squad is full of average mid-table players who will never become top 4 material. The fact that Lucas with all respect to him is our best midfielder alongside Gerrard ofcourse tells me enough of our team. Just look at our transfer window the last few years look at the players we bought.

Downing

Henderson

Allen

Enrique

Joe cole

Andy Carroll

Charlie Adam

And the fact that we wanted clint dempsey in the summer tells me enough of our boards ambition for this club. The problem is not with manager the problem is with the people running this club. We can sack managers and bring new managers in but the mentality will stay the same. Its all about the board they need to change ian ayre all those people everything needs to change they are the ones that set te mentality of this club. We should look at Juventus for example one of the biggest club in Italy and in the world relegated to Serie B and after a 3 years won the Serie A and almost qualified for the quarter final of the champions league thats what a good board does buys good players.

should he be sacked now?

He's making the same mistakes week after week.

2 out of 3 of his major signings are complete bit parts at a cost of, what, £20 million?

We have a midfield made of crisps. Which he refuses to fortify.

Half the team (senior players) are playing well under par.

Sorry but i don't see the grand design.

Theres a MASSIVE Emperors new clothes fest going on here.

I'm baffled by the way people continually focus on other managers. Why does the fact Dalglish did a good/bad job have anything to do with Rodgers and the way he deploys his team??

Because when Kenny lost it was the players - now when we lose with the same players, it is the system! Confirmation bias - nothing more, that is why we point out Kenny because last season - I saw the same problems with the same players, but we all felt confident he could get it right - so it was about how he played.

Now - it is the system. That is why people point out last season, not because they are looking for a distraction - but because it seems as though double standards are being used.

The Manager was a risk - we all knew that, but what I am seeing is fans determined to be proved right - the atmosphere has been nothing short of shit this season, they haven't supported the team they have just turned up and moaned.

The personnel Dalglish bought for midfield were shite, that's why he ended up losing his job. The most heartbroken I've ever been watching Liverpool since he left the first time was watching us in the FA Cup final against Chelsea. Our central midfield were running their hearts out but they were still completely outclassed in every single way, everything it took them 10 passes to do, their counterparts could do in two moves, it was horrible. Could Dalglish have bought better midfielders with the 35m plus he spend on Henderson and Downing? Absolutely.

But again, I don't see what that's got to do with Rodgers.

Rodgers has made baffling substitutions, bought players he's not played, loaned players and fucked them off, the defence is as bad as it's been since the Evans era and coaching to eradicate problems seems non existent. We don't deliver performances anymore, under our previous managers we were always capable of a surprise result aganst a big side, under Rodgers the best we can manage is a 'fantastic' draw.

The caliber of sides we're getting beaten by is telling. When you consider a few years back we were in the Champions League. Imagine if we came up against a Real Madrid or a Juventus now? People would be throwing themselves out of windows.

Points, positons, cups, all come secondary to how the side is actually being played and is being built. If I saw the foundations of something stable, if I saw coherent tactics, substitutions, and general play I'd be happy, genuinely.

I don't doubt Rodgers still has the potential to achieve things in the game, the problem is - and has always been - at this absolutely crucial juncture in its history, this club was not the place to provide that learning curve. It's breathtaking that it was ever the case, or that people like Martinez were considered. Absolute suicide from word go.

That is exactly what I have been saying. For a critical period we had to get the appointment spot on. That's why my personal choice was Rafa, but I'm not debating that or who it should have been. What there was though, were many other candidates who could have legitimatly been chosen above Rodgers.

Now, I hear the arguments about Fergie and Utd etc and how they took a gamble. But what is forgotten is that Fergie had won titles with Aberdeen in a League dominated by Celtic and Rangers. Rafa came to Liverpool having done the same in Spain. Mourinho went to Chelsea having won things at Porto. What had Rodgers ever really done to deserve to be top of the list? Fuck all. What had Martinez done to be seen walking the streets with Henry? Fuck all.

FSG need to wise up quickly with the next appointment if there is to be one, because if they get that wrong then for me we are done. We cannot spend too many more years farting around like we are. Again, I'd still choose Rafa but there are others out there who could fit the bill and I'd be more than happy with. But for me it is clear that the Brendan Experement is going wrong badly and we cannot afford to sit by and hope he can sort it out next season because you have wasted another year. Nor, should we give him till Xmas, because again if it goes wrong you have wasted another season.

I love the club. I've loved LFC for 34 years. I hate the thought of us getting rid of managers. But I hate the thought of us being like we are right now even more. And if getting a new guy in the Summer is what is best for Liverpool Football Club, then it must be done. But what also must be done is getting a man in with experience and presence.

That man for me is a Spaniard who has unfinished business here...

Because when Kenny lost it was the players - now when we lose with the same players, it is the system! Confirmation bias - nothing more, that is why we point out Kenny because last season - I saw the same problems with the same players, but we all felt confident he could get it right - so it was about how he played.

Now - it is the system. That is why people point out last season, not because they are looking for a distraction - but because it seems as though double standards are being used.

The Manager was a risk - we all knew that, but what I am seeing is fans determined to be proved right - the atmosphere has been nothing short of shit this season, they haven't supported the team they have just turned up and moaned.

That's the other problem mate, that's why we needed an experienced head. This is a monumental job for an inexperienced man. The fans have had years of turmoil, seen the mancs beating our records, and our status is falling further and further as the seasons go by. The man at the top needs to be able to deal with that and inspire them.

What the fans want and need, IMO, isn't even a 'quick fix' as such, they need belief that the man in charge is capable of fixing the problem given time, people like Rodgers and Martinez never had a hope of convining the fans of that, so they had to be out of the blocks quickly otherwise they were fucked.

Liverpool Football club is still a major prize and I believe there are a lot of managers out there who'd want to come here if they were given the promise of money and space to do the job they need to do. We were eroded under G&H and in their defence FSG piled big money into a rebuilding programme early doors but it was all of it, every penny, pissed up the wall. That should and could have been our most crucial ever summer's transfer business, a chance to make a statement and restore the quality of the side, and it was a complete disaster.

In many ways going for Rodgers echoed our transfer policy then and since, the idea of going for 'middling' and hoping it will somehow surprise us, well it won't.

We need now what we've needed since G&H were fucked off, a top class, established worldwide name in the hotseat and some top fucking class players with pedigree.

There won't be a top class established worldwide name available - I have said it on another thread - we don't attract a manager who has won two La Liga titles, nor two Bundesliga titles - we won't. And LVG, Capello would not be a long term solution - the reason they are an option is because they cannot get a top job. Kenny was experience, yet made mistakes - he changed formation, bought poorly, used players out of form, was stubborn (his insistance on Adam/Gerrard) so I don't buy the argument that experience is key.

But what I see as the result of last season - is that FSG have looked at Dortmund and saw their model and followed that template, buying young players needs patience and you either buy into it or you don't. The alternative is spending big and that isn't an option.

But I do believe that the team I am watching - only needs two or three big players and I would like to see that in the summer. I still maintain that our biggest weakness isn't the manager, FSG or whatever system - is the character of the players we have in this squad. The way we concede, I would argue suggests there is some truth in this.