I'd be interested in the stats measuring the time between us conceding goals. I seem to recollect us having lots of these mental farts where we ship a bagful of goals in about five minutes.

Writing players off after 6 months is daft.

Fair enough, but two of these were expensive players at prices where you expect an immediate impact....

Pretty sure most posters on here would be able to get more quality and impact with those £27 m that was spent on those two....

No one going to make the point we could/should have been four up before Hulk scored?

While the defence should undoubtedly be doing better, Luis had enough chances before they scored

The point has been made already.

Suarez has been off today but then so has everyone else barring Reina really and I suppose you could say Henderson's energy was good. Hulk's strike was exceptional but he should have been closed down. The second goal was piss poor defending and nothing Reina could really do.

Rodgers should have made a change earlier and bringing on Lucas might have been a good idea about 10 minutes before he actually came on.

We look like the team in the middle of their winter break. Rodgers would do well to hire someone to help him sort out our defense because it was arguably the main strength of the team last season and I have a hard time believing the players there magically went shit over the course of a year.

Guest ShoePiss
No one going to make the point we could/should have been four up before Hulk scored?

While the defence should undoubtedly be doing better, Luis had enough chances before they scored

Suarez has scored 22 goals in 35 games this season, let's look at the manager rather than him.

To prevent more goals.

We are beaten. Sometimes you just take your medicine.

Sorry mate disagree again! So we just giv up even though there 15 mins left?? Zenit score one at anfield and we need 4! 3-1 be better than 2-0.

It's sad how far we have fallen were we are giving up away to zenit!

Really starting to doubt Rodgers now, no tactical brains whatsoever - plan A only.....

And that's not even a good plan as we don't have the players for it....

Suarez has scored 22 goals in 35 games this season' date=' let's look at the manager rather than him.[/quote']

Errrr, why?

Rodgers picked his best striker up front, a striker who has, as you point out, scored 22 goals in 35 games.

Said striker gets three/four clear sights of goal and fails to score.

This is Rodgers fault how?

Guest ShoePiss
Errrr, why?

Rodgers picked his best striker up front, a striker who has, as you point out, scored 22 goals in 35 games.

Can't be arsed

I know that people want to prioritise this cup competition since it's the only one we're in, and we're "out of the race for 4th" but I've pretty much put this season down as a wash now. The performances, even with our 'best' on the field, does not leave me with much to feel confident about. If we can't stem this flow of rubbishness, we're pretty much done for the season.

That said, I'm not calling for mass sackings or panic buying. I just have to accept that for the time being, this ain't the season for jollies.

Appalling performance and a disgraceful result. The only thing left to play for to salvage this clusterfuck of a season and we implode spectacularly.

Again.

This was a team in the middle of their pre-season training - embarrassing.....

Rodgers will now probably bring out his drivel about the fantastic effort and great performance... #waitandsee

Errrr, why?

Cause he relies on Suarez way too much. Never gave Carroll a chance and spunked cash 10M on Borini.

I have left anything out?

Chronic yet again. Defensive lapses are becoming the norm which is worrying to say the least. It's hard to be optimistic right now. Dejection is what most of us are feeling at the moment.