You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

No thanks.

Im sorry but for a club that will be spending as much as us next summer (we spent ~50m this year), we should be in the top four. Brendan needs to learn how to win because it matters more than winning nice. I long for the days of boring 1-0 wins under Rafa and Ged.

I was saying how I think FSG see it. Look at the post I was responding to.

But it doesn't matter if we are spending one billion this summer if others are spending two, and are starting from further advanced positions. Everything is relative.

But fuck 1-0s. Just win. 8-7 will do. Did you know we have the second most clean sheets this season? Not that it means anything as we'll finish 7th. But when looking at those tables, that jumped out at me.

Kenny made me happy, Brendan makes me sad.

That's an acceptable subjective sentiment and feeling that no one can argue with you about, Frode.

Certainly not me.

It's when you try backing it up with "facts", "stats", and faux logic... repetitively and selectively... that you probably start annoying and polarising people against your opinion.

Some people think the League Cup's important, like you. Others want to finish 4.

All of us want both, and more, I dare say.

Brendan makes you sad. That's cool. Maybe leave it at that for a bit.

Funny but when we beat all our 'rivals' in 2008-09, Code didn't enjoy that - he saw that as an anomaly, but that was Rafa and an entirely different theroretical framework for him. Same data, just used differently.

7 game spell? Well we were shit against Bolton, shit against Wigan, shit against Newcastle, shit against Sunderland, shit against Swansea - that isn't a 7 game spell. We lost 3 games up until the 31.12.2011 - and finished losing 14 - so in that 7 game spell we managed to be so poor we lost 11 games.

If there is a bright side to our poor form - and being a shit team - it is that bell ends who follow Liverpool simply because they are successful will fuck off.

Constantly and in a nasty way. You're an utter disgrace of a "fan".

I only started to have it in for Rafa when I understood he wanted to sell Alonso, you have to be pretty mental to even consider that and I dont really want mental people to manage Liverpool.

Finally,some common ground between us.

As Xerxes says though,Utd,City,Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal are all in a better position than us(maybe not Arsenal but they have got the money if they choose to spend it) to occupy those top 4 places so unless Rodgers can attract some real talent at bargain prices,our realistic improvement is most likely an improvement of one place over the blueshite.

I think Rodgers best signings need to be off the field too and ditch his mates for some real experience and/or people with maybe a bit of attachment to the club. Although experience is my main criteria.

'greed.

I only started to have it in for Rafa when I understood he wanted to sell Alonso, you have to be pretty mental to even consider that and I dont really want mental people to manage Liverpool.

You see this is what I'm talking about. You can't even criticise Rafa 4 years after the event without questioning his mental health. You're beyond redemption, fella. There is literally no point in you supporting the club because you don't offer any support.

Code, this may be the most idiotic thing I've ever seen you type.

How and why?

I dont have a problem with the club doing it this way because we have nothing to play for, but I'm not the one complaining about players easing off when we have nothing to play for either.

So I just wondered.

I was saying how I think FSG see it. Look at the post I was responding to.

But it doesn't matter if we are spending one billion this summer if others are spending two, and are starting from further advanced positions. Everything is relative.

But fuck 1-0s. Just win. 8-7 will do. Did you know we have the second most clean sheets this season? Not that it means anything as we'll finish 7th. But when looking at those tables, that jumped out at me.

Oh okay.

Regarding the rest of your post. Well, you spend better. I know it sounds quixotic but unfortunately thats the game - Rodgers has to play it. The alternative is to sit around pissing and moaning about spending power and remaining distinctly average - i.e. remaining Liverpool circa 2009-2013. It isn't impossible, because if it was then Tottenham wouldn't be two points away from it - nor would Arsenal be 4th after selling their best player. Have you seen our squad? We aren't bloody far.

Sure, 27-26 will do. As long as we start winning, regularly. There are definitely promising signs, dont get me wrong, but next year truly is the time to deliver - transition has to have a destination.

Funny but when we beat all our 'rivals' in 2008-09, Code didn't enjoy that - he saw that as an anomaly, but that was Rafa and an entirely different theroretical framework for him. Same data, just used differently.

Thats not how it was at all, I questioned if we really had improved that much at all because our season was made up by our wins against ther mancs and chelsea, we took 14 points against the other top 4 clubs in 08/09 and only 4 in 05/06 when I argued we had our best season under Rafa with 82 points and an FA Cup win.

We had not really improved at all was what I argued, it was rather one step forward on one part but one step back at another.

I was comapring the 5 seasons so far under Rafa explaining it all rather well.

I said I did not think that was the case.

Really...

If your question is do I think its acceptable we slacked off in the league when not having anything to play for then yes, not only is it acceptable but also to be expected.

The teams we played were either fighting relegation or fighting for CL spots, so all had a lot more to play for than us and its not like we were hammered in any of those games either.

3 points is 3 points Code, we slacked off and you accept it.

Even the skip pulled you on it.

Finishing above Everton matters. Giving your best to try and win games matters. Not short changing the fans who are not paying any less just because the game 'isn't important' also matters.

Code is having an absolute nightmare here, defending the indefensible.

But how about the club now deciding to let Agger and Gerrard having operations so they can be ready for our pre-season tour in Asia instead of playing the last two legaue games, where does this fit in with your description above?

Getting important players on the treatment table does not even come into anything you mentalist.

Gerrard and Agger are not having their operations to be fit for the pre-season tour, stop being a dick.

They are being sent away to get sorted so they can be fit for the start of pre season and get a full pre season in for the start of the season.

You see this is what I'm talking about. You can't even criticise Rafa 4 years after the event without questioning his mental health. You're beyond redemption, fella. There is literally no point in you supporting the club because you don't offer any support.

Well 4 years later there are even more reasons to question this proper mental decision.

• Upvote 1

I actually think Code has a point as it seems that if we were competing for fourth these players would suspend their ops.

Well yes, of course they would. But we're not competing for fourth, we don't have anything to play for, so get the ops out the way and have them back in time for preparations for next season. It's a total no-brainer.

Its not fucking good enough. Go look in a mirror, or better yet, stare at this for a couple of hours.

Frode.jpg

Then you'll know what it means to be a real fan.

Code makes my blood boil quite frequently, but then gems like this reappear and I am not angry any more.

A footy shirt with smart kecks and Frankensteins shoes though?

Come on Code, I know that was the 90's but fuck me. Who did you model your style on?