You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

It wasn't that different though! Adam, Spearing, Cole and Downing! I think Ged had the worst in 1999, he was left some appalling shite at the end of that season.

Let's hope we get as good a transfer window this summer as Ged had (for the most part) in the summer of '99 then.

We matched Swansea's achievement this season, although we did it on pens against a championship side (doesn't count as much on pens apparently) and were a few inches from losing it.

A great indicator of future success is the Carling cup.

Numero, you have hammered Code for using misleading stats now you seem to be doing the same, the 16 game stats season. If we are playing that game, what are Kenny's stats, full season win % for last season including cups to this season including cups.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Numero, you have hammered Code for using misleading stats now you seem to be doing the same, the 16 game stats season.

It's simply to show improvement over the season. There's nothing misleading about how many points we've won or lost. I'm not saying the entire season has been great, I'm saying we can expect more from Rodgers next season because we're going in off the back off a previous half a season where we scored between 30-36 points, losing just 3 games (so far), and scoring around 45 goals (we've got 39 so far, with two left to play). We came into this season off the back of 9 losses and 18 points. I think it's fair to expect more of Rodgers and the team next season.

According to that Tomkins fella who talks too much here are Kenny and Rodgers performance over the season compared.

So far, Rodgers’ overall results are worse than last season’s. He’s won 23 from 52 games (44%), when last season Liverpool won 24 from 51 (47%). Liverpool’s cup games, bar this season’s tie against Udinese, were clearly more difficult on the whole last year: City (twice), United, Chelsea (twice) and Everton. Equally, Liverpool have marginally improved in the league, and are scoring more goals overall.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
My point is you can't pick and choose parts of seasons that fit your narrative you look at the season as a whole.

As I've explained... ah, forget it.

We would be in a better league position this season than we are now had Kenny been given the chance to build on last season.

BRENDAN RODGERS' date=' WHOO YEAH = smoke, mirrors, delusion, seriously!?[/quote']

No we wouldn't have. One thing I can guarantee you is we'd have signed more shit players for huge sums of money though.

Spot on

all depends on what generation... old farts like me remember the years in the 2nd division,still went to every game, never moaned, just stayed right behind the team. the glory days were awesome but you cannot even think that where we are now is anything like the days in the 2nd division.. keep the faith ... and stop effin moaning..

there are 2 infallible people in this world... the POPE and the MANAGER OF LFC....

sorry to all agnostics...

I think the best sign of some progress is a coherent approach to how we play, (which is supported by an increasingly coherent transfer policy) with signs Rodgers is willing to be flexible to get points. As well we've only had a couple of truly poor performances. I thought last year we were much more inconsistent and had some truly awful performances. Rodgers now has to take the next step in my opinion and prove he can win something not just maintain trim.

No we wouldn't have. One thing I can guarantee you is we'd have signed more shit players for huge sums of money though.

I want to argue with this just because it's Kenny ... but I can't, really.

One thing that is actually encouraging with Rodgers is that signings like Coutinho and Sturridge (however much you think they're down to the manager instead of the scouts) have put us in a position to be better in years to come, where signings like Downing and Adam definitely did not.

On that basis, Henderson, Downing and Enrique are all shit? given they have started to show what they were bought for, albeit, not to the full as yet, (Enrique aside as he has been pretty damn good tbh) but deffo improving as they go.

The only signing we cant say about is Carroll, who has not played enough for or with us, to be able to make a true judgement on.

Shit signings? or just not given time to bed in and grow into the role they were bought for? or for the style of play they were bought for?

I am not BR's biggest fan at all, but to say we have improved is a joke.

The style might be nicer to watch sure, but 7th position with no cup finals or European places is not an improvement.

People keep saying league position is a measure of improvement, is it? really?

Being knocked out of all cups and Europe is just as good a measure as any, regardless who we beat or lost to in the two finals we got ourselves to.

Finals of any competition are not something anyone can slate just because of who was in them, or how they were won.

We got to the two finals, that is improvement on not getting to them.

Nobody knows what we could have done this season if Kenny had been given the extra season that so many call for BR to be given, just as we dont know how BR will do by this time next year.

Saying Kenny signed shit? did he? or did he just not have the time to make them work as he planned?

BR is not the new Shankly, and to be out of all competitions and Europe despite position and points in the league, is not an improvement no matter how you hide it in stats, it just isnt.

And 8th to 7th without the cups etc is shit.

Guest ShoePiss

Fuck this half season split, I'm going with 38th's.

One fucking point and 7th place, shite!

Edited by ShoePiss

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Rodgers now has to take the next step in my opinion and prove he can win something not just maintain trim.

'Same again' just won't cut it next season, will it? People will want his guts if we star the first ten games in the same way we started the first ten of this season. We had two wins from our first ten games, which basically made this season a non-starter. This coming season needs to be a good 5 or 6 wins from 10.

The only signing we cant say about is Carroll, who has not played enough for or with us, to be able to make a true judgement on.

tumblr_mex78onirF1rfes31o1_500_zpsfd591ab4.gif

After reading that I couldn't be bothered with the rest, sorry.

People forget Kenny was looking at players like Scott Dann for 6 million, Conner Wickham at 10 million, he tried to sign Phil Jones for 18 million and went for Ashley Young before United got him.

He signed Carroll, Henderson and Downing for 75 million and put them on about 80k wages per week as well. Kenny's second spell was the worst summer window in the history of the english game. I'd go as far as to say it was the worst single transfer window in the history of football. Yet idiots still defend him.

We won the league cup for fucks sake, being outplayed for long periods by a championship side. Some of the route one football we played that season was atrocious, double up the full backs over the wingers, cross the ball to Carroll in the box.......... although he wasn't in the box was he? he was jogging on the 18 yard line. It was shit and the revisionists should be ashamed of themselves.

I can tolerate the pining for Rafa because at least he had us contending for titles and winning the champions league at some point, but Kenny's second spell? I'm not havin that.

Fuck this half season split, I'm going with 38th's.

Yeah I can't really disagree with this! Other than a guide to improvement (it is his first season), the league is over 38 games.

One fucking point and 7th place, shite!

It could very well be 61 points at the end of the season - as I say, another similar improvement next season will see us challenge for the top 4. It took us 4 years to get Reina, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres and to challenge. Another Coutinho and we will be much better placed.

Why are people comparing? Why are other people listening to these people?

Comparing what? Last season vs this season? Kenny vs Rodgers?

How accurate have your predictions been in the past? Post some proof that any of us should be paying any fucking attention whatsoever to Tompkins, or Code, or OPTAJoe, or any other cunt with a Twitter account and too much time on his hands?

All I see are cunts. Everywhere. Just mouthy cunts pointing out nothing, pointing to the past, like it means anything, like you'll find any answers back there, like we missed some big clue. Shut the fuck up, we're average, deal with it, and people braying about the Europa League are average, and have average goals, and we demand that Liverpool FC share this average vision of the future with us, because it makes us more comfortable to be mediocre, to not be seen to be trying in case we fail.

In short, just fucking modern Liverpool fans being modern Liverpool fans. There's tons of you, just fucking imbeciles.

Rodgers gets shot down by imbeciles because he talks the club up, because he speaks out and protects the club, and because he does that it must mean x, because I'm a fucking idiot and anything that occurs that I don't agree with is plain wrong because there's zero chance of you being wrong is there. Because we're all such fucking successes aren't we, millionaires with happy families us, we've got it sorted out, we've got all the answers and that mouthy prick Rodgers is just a shithouse because he's been here two minutes and never played in a European Cup Final so he must know nothing about the game.

I bet Djimi Traore becomes a belting manager.