You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

But none of them would have come (except Rafa, and we all know the owners were never going to go down that path).

I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and say that in 5 years the argument that Lambert is a better manager than Rodgers will look ridiculous. I'm not saying Rodgers is the second coming of Shankly, but in my opinion he's absolutely miles better than Lambert.

Van Gaal wanted the manager's job.

But none of them would have come (except Rafa, and we all know the owners were never going to go down that path).

I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and say that in 5 years the argument that Lambert is a better manager than Rodgers will look ridiculous. I'm not saying Rodgers is the second coming of Shankly, but in my opinion he's absolutely miles better than Lambert.

If we wanted to go young, then Laudrup was there for the taking. We went Rodgers instead. Arguing between him and Lambert is ridiculous as, in my opinion, neither one is going to seem the man to take us forward 5 years from now.

I just don't want to see downplaying. Its becoming part of the clubs ethos we really are rationalizing mediocrity "we've got to be realistic" fuck that people doing a poor job in so many areas of the club we have to accept it as some truth and its the way it is, is because there's so many stronger than us, our shitness doesn't stem from external influences its because we fuck up all the time.

I want ambition from the club we've become fucking meek, the fans shouldn't accept it, we shouldn't allow fucktards in suits make us out to be minnows. Patience fine, I'm happy for Rodgers to be here next season but no shit there has to be a huge improvement or he can fuck off, we don't accept excuses. This season is fucking wank, garbage, pretty passing now and then doesn't justify it, so shape up or ship out and the same goes for the players, you commit every game, no one should be getting carried. We are fading into obscurity willingly. I don't want my expectations managed, I want the giant to wake up and kick the fucking league apart. Not shit ourselves whenever there's a little bad publicity or someone expects more from us. How dare we expect to compete for top 4, look at our team how dare we justify struggling for top 6.

Van Gaal wanted the manager's job.

The following makes for very uncomfortable reading:

Kop out: Louis van Gaal explains why he didn't become Liverpool boss

11 Aug 2012

Dutch managerial legend had "serious talks" with the Reds but wanted to hire his own staff and wouldn't agree to work with a British manager.

New Holland boss Van Gaal also *revealed how close he came to joining Liverpool this summer before the Reds opted to appoint Brendan Rodgers.

Van Gaal said: “I decided to go and talk to Liverpool, after they had approached me.

"I had serious talks with them and for me it was a good option because I considered Liverpool as a fantastic club.”

But the vastly experienced Dutchman could not agree with Liverpool's American owners about his role.

He demanded his own staff and a special role for former Holland international Danny Blind.

Also, Van Gaal refused to work with a British boss under him, as he wanted to restructure the club the way he had done at Bayern *Munich and Ajax.

Van Gaal claims he had more than 30 job offers over the past year.

“But I only talked to Liverpool and the Dutch federation,” he said. “To all the others I said no.’’

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk Liverpool: Louis van Gaal on how close he came to manager's job this summer - Mirror Online

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I just don't want to see downplaying. etc.

An excellent post in full Bobby.

If we had wanted a world class CEO, we could have got one, we can afford it, the candidates known - but we didn’t.

If we had wanted a world class manager, we could have got one, we can afford it (KK was in the World’s top ten best paid), the candidates known. Any specific name will always divide, but what is undeniable is that the credentials, experience and knowledge of the world game that Van Gaal possesses would have had us as credible figures on the European stage.

If we wanted a new top class stadium we could have got one, land given, planning passed- but we said no thanks.

If we wanted a redeveloped stadium we could have one by buying the land at a commercial rate – but instead we are hoping for someone else to buy it for us (CPO’s).

And as Bobby says, somehow everyone has become used to accepting it.

We had a manager who got us to two cup finals in his first full season back at the club in over 20 years,won one and sealed European football for this season and sacked him.

There was a case to keep Dalglish on, in the interests of stability alone. Just because they sacked him, it really doesn't mean they should keep sacking people. Sooner or later, you (one) have got to give a manage time. Again, even if it's in the interest of stability alone. Is a club that sacks manager after manager an attractive proposition to players? I really don't know the answer to that question but I can't imagine is a positive thing when they look at potential clubs.

So what has the current manager done that deserves better treatment?

Dalglish has gone. Move the fuck on. Rodgers deserves more time. As did Kenny. But, then, I can see cases for getting rid of both. Saying that, I'm more from the school that managers deserve both time and support. Until it's exceedingly obvious they won't succeed. That's not the case with Rodgers. Not in my view anyway.

He's out of his depth

Can you expand on this?

Edited by Major Tom

Patience fine, I'm happy for Rodgers to be here next season but no shit there has to be a huge improvement or he can fuck off, we don't accept excuses.

What does a huge improvement entail? Because the chances are, without investment, you won't get the huge improvement you are demanding.

It's going to take time. No matter who the manager is.

Kenny wasted more money then any Liverpool manager, was tactically inept and didn't seem to have an idea of a playing style for us.

Brendan lost good players in the summer and made some iffy buys, however in jan he redeemed himself on that front and has us playing our best football in years.

If we ain't at least in the mix for top 4 at the end of next season he should be gone,but for now he has shown enough positive signs to warrant another season.

What does a huge improvement entail? Because the chances are, without investment, you won't get the huge improvement you are demanding.

Top four next season would be good improvement. If we're miles away by Christmas I think he'll probably go.

I expect us too have something to play for at the end of the season, even if we just miss out on top 4 ill take that as progress ( accepted minimum ) if it goes down to the wire, that's still not to say I'd want Rodgers sacked if we just fell short because I know other factors could play a part and we genuinely could be deserving of more

I don't believe football is anywhere near as complicated as its made out I don't think we need a revolution everytime there's a new manager players are players they still have the skills and ability, a manager should be able to see those skill sets and have them working in the best way possible... Manage. Its not like when a manager leaves a players mind is wiped clean of the sport they have to learn basics and rules all over again "what is this round thing", its football. And there should be investment if FSG can't afford it they should fuck off too, it isn't a cash cow and unless we are successful it never will be.

I don't want to be told how hard it is, how this and that is why and the whole world is against us and blah blah blah. If the club doesn't want to promote ambition then fine but don't underplay us constantly, don't lump liverpool in with various non entity clubs and make us look like we quiver in the shadow of the big boys. Don't print a table off showing we have the most points in history because we have fuck all else to show this year. There's just no fucking passion or will to win. Shankly gave us that, its decaying. I am patient, I'm prepared to give Rodgers time but if he or the club justify average next season then fuck them all. I read a book on human psyche it talked of how Ali convinced the world he was the greatest before he actually proved it, I can't help but think we give our players/staff every excuse not to do their best or give it their all. Every fucker has their slippers on, we've made it and there's no pressure just constant reasons why we couldn't or cant.

Fuck me I'm waffling utter shit, I'm just pissed off with we're we are, mancs in work don't even take the piss or banter anymore, we are barely acknowledged its soul destroying.

I read a book on human psyche it talked of how Ali convinced the world he was the greatest before he actually proved it

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill agreed with you, Bobby.

Well Rodgers has failed every way possible on the pitch this season.

Now is the perfect opportunity to make a claim of actually deserving to be the Liverpool manager.

Fail to back your player now and condemn the ineptitude of the FA and you can fuck off for all that I care.

Guest davelfc

Now is the perfect opportunity to make a claim of actually deserving to be the Liverpool manager.

Fail to back your player now and condemn the ineptitude of the FA and you can fuck off for all that I care.

It's obvious that Ayre has taken the reigns here, we don't want a repeat of last time when sponsors got mad, oh no.

Rodgers will be told what and when to say it.

Ayre never did want a world class manager in charge, he wanted someone that wouldn't intimidate him or show him up for the twat he is.

It's obvious that Ayre has taken the reigns here, we don't want a repeat of last time when sponsors got mad, oh no.

Rodgers will be told what and when to say it.

Ayre never did want a world class manager in charge, he wanted someone that wouldn't intimidate him or show him up for the twat he is.

He did however mention many, many times in that interview that only Brendan could be held responsible for Suarez's actions going forward.

Fucking weasel coward. [That's my equivalent of a uber-rant BTW]

Guest davelfc

What I'm trying to say is that Suarez has brought this shit storm on himself and the manager has to rally the rest of the players. Let's not be trying to swing blame on to Rodgers here.

It's up to Ayre to fight the punishment, but of course I have absolutely no faith that he will go against the sponsors.

That would explain the ten game ban.

He might have said all lovely things to the media, and contrition and fawning to the journos.

But in reality Rodgers can probably take a fair bit of the blame, seeing as this abysmal season, where Luis has carried us, is probably the main reason for him losing his rag and chewing ivanovich

He might have said all lovely things to the media' date=' and contrition and fawning to the journos.

But in reality Rodgers can probably take a fair bit of the blame, seeing as this abysmal season, where Luis has carried us, is probably the main reason for him losing his rag and chewing ivanovich[/quote']

Fucking hell. It's Rodgers fault? You and nightcat should shack up. What with singing for Benitez instead of YNWA I despair of our club, including many of the fans. Que, 'you're happy with mid table blah blah blah.'

you can condemn the ineptitude of the FA and also tell the player you cannot condone his idiotic behaviour. Suarez should not be 'backed' here. The club can take issue with the length of the ban, and contest it, but that's not the same as backing Suarez. Suarez now should shut the fuck up and see what happens.

you can condemn the ineptitude of the FA and also tell the player you cannot condone his idiotic behaviour. Suarez should not be 'backed' here. The club can take issue with the length of the ban, and contest it, but that's not the same as backing Suarez. Suarez now should shut the fuck up and see what happens.

Bang on