You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

Yes but you advocated getting Paul Lambert. Is he a better manager than Brendan Rogers?

Paul Lambert has achieved more as a player and a manager than Rodgers has.

He is much better tactically too, and has outsmarted him 3 times out of the last 4 games between their respective clubs.

I rate Lambert, but his biggest weakness is his belief that young players outside the Premiership are the way forward because they have more desire to succeed.

He would have had to change this view if he came here.

I will stick my neck out and say that Lambert would have done better than Rodgers if he had been given the job here in the summer.

He is much better tactically too, and has outsmarted him 3 times out of the last 4 games between their respective clubs.

I rate Lambert, but his biggest weakness is his belief that young players outside the Premiership are the way forward because they have more desire to succeed.

I will stick my neck out and say that Lambert would have done better than Rodgers if he had been given the job here in the summer.

I don't know if he would have done better but I rated him more highly than Rodgers and would have taken him first among the realistic candidates. Now, as we view the wreckage of another fecked season, it's hard to imagine Lambert doing any worse than himself and his groupprojecttryharders.

He achieved more as a player than rafa, wenger and mourinho. Will he be a better manager than them or will he be another mark hughes or steve bruce?

I didn't want Lambert, Rodgers or Martinez. I wanted a manager who had proven he could win trophies at a top club!

But none of them would have come (except Rafa, and we all know the owners were never going to go down that path).

I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and say that in 5 years the argument that Lambert is a better manager than Rodgers will look ridiculous. I'm not saying Rodgers is the second coming of Shankly, but in my opinion he's absolutely miles better than Lambert.

I'm not saying Rodgers is the second coming of Shankly, but in my opinion he's absolutely miles better than Lambert.

To date, Lambert has achieved more.

The tasks facing Lambert and Rodgers have been very different, as will be the short term measures of success.

Rodgers will only have one shot at a big club, and that is us. The odds were, and are, that he will "fail".

Personally, just holding the line at between 5th and 8th will be an incredible achievement for him, but for our support, it will not be enough. At the heart of the problem is not who the manager is, but who the owners are, and the decisions they take. Allowing KK/DC to splurge £100m plus was unwise, giving £50m to a man with one years PL experience remarkable. and it tells a story. Too much to give unmanaged, too little to buy you a seat at the top table.

50 mil is not enough to get into the top 4 but too much to give to someone experienced, yet Lambert would have done a better job?

so the solution, give 25 million to Lambert and tell him how he can spend it.?Because he played in France and stuff.

you fucking imbeciles, do you see where Villa are? Paul fucking Lambert?Haaaha total jokers. I am dismayed.

50 mil is not enough to get into the top 4 but too much to give to someone experienced, yet Lambert would have done a better job?

so the solution, give 25 million to Lambert and tell him how he can spend it.?Because he played in France and stuff.

you fucking imbeciles, do you see where Villa are? Paul fucking Lambert?Haaaha total jokers. I am dismayed.

Lambert played in Germany, not France. He won The Champions League with Borussia Dortmund. Just saying, like.

Depends what players you already have at the club doesn't it really and I think a lot of our support felt that adding £50 million worth of players to our 'group' should have been enough to at least remotely threaten a place in Europe, at the very least the Europa league, sitting still with a team that last year under performed but still got some silverware after spending such an amount also while having your main striker on fire most the season is unacceptable.

Poor old Hitler, he's much funnier when he's angry about some trivial everyday event than when he's killing people and trying to take over the world.

Poor sod just got a bad press, much like our own Luis.

Watching the Bayern V Barcelona shows exactly where this, tika taka, Swansealona type football falls down, and also why it would never work in this league.

As brilliant as Barcelona have been in recent years, I think if they didn't have Messi they wouldn't have dominated anywhere near as much.

Just after the match finished last night, someone (Tyldesley?) suggested as much, and promised a chat about it after the break. I turned off, laughing at the idea that Barca's style of football has become redundant as a formula for success on the back of one heavy loss. did Bayern's own style of football become obselete when Chelsea beat them last year in their own backyard?

I think someone should post it on RAWK just to watch the melt down.

I would but they banned me a long time ago!

The video suggests that we should've got Benitez back in last year. Unless the make-up of RAWK has changed dramatically since I lasted browsed it, they'll be loving it.

You misunderstand.

£100m does not get you into the top four (see Villa and KK).

I am not saying that Lambert is a better manager than Rodgers, time will tell, just that he has achieved more. I don't know whether Lambert would have spent the money better.

Your comment "you fucking imbeciles, do you see where Villa are?" gave me a really good laugh. In the same way that Rodgers had a near impossible task to get us into the Top Four, so Lambert has a huge task taking down a wage bill which is still 83% of turnover. Shedding and not playing the big earners in favour of cheap starlets/ replacements is no easy task.

If Villa go down is Lambert to "blame"? Is our not qualifying for the CL Rodger's "fault"?

The Hitler vid is both funny and poignant and most likely the only thing Adolf said that I agree with.

Do we really believe Rodgers can do much better than the mediocre shite served up this season, Suarez excepted of course?

I certainly dont.

If hes here for next season and he signs Ashley Williams in the summer I will start watching baseball or NFL instead of us to cure any chance of insomnia.

In the words of Hitler,'We are doomed.'

The Hitler vid is both funny and poignant and most likely the only thing Adolf said that I agree with.

Do we really believe Rodgers can do much better than the mediocre shite served up this season, Suarez excepted of course?

I certainly dont.

If hes here for next season and he signs Ashley Williams in the summer I will start watching baseball or NFL instead of us to cure any chance of insomnia.

In the words of Hitler,'We are doomed.'

Let's sack Rodgers. And when the new guy doesn't get us into the CL after one season, let's sack him too. And the guy after that. And the guy after that.

Let's set unrealistic expectations and when the manager doesn't meet them, let's boot him out. 4 managers in 4 seasons isn't enough. We want more! 5 in 5. 6 in 6! Awesome!

Forget Adolph you can't beat the real Brendan.

[YOUTUBE]WX8dM_pZC7M[/YOUTUBE]

We need a genuinely inspirational manager who'll fight our corner. Unfortunately, this one died earlier this year...

[YOUTUBE]kl-4FSRYagc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QWQbN0jFo_k[/YOUTUBE]

Let's set unrealistic expectations and when the manager doesn't meet them, let's boot him out.

I want to give Rodgers another season.

But unrealistic expectations?

We've got the best striker in the league, we've got a centre midfielder who has around 10 goals and 10 assists in Gerrard, we've got the England right back, we've got a keeper with numerous golden gloves, we've got a centre back who was a regular when we challenged for the title in Skrtel and one who has played in a Champs League final for us in Agger. Then we have Enrique who is probably the third best left back in the league after Baines and Cole.

It is not like Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson, Lucas etc are poor players either.

He inherited a very good spine and when the manager spends £50 million you expect a challenge at top four. These are not unrelealistic expectations and as it says in the hitler video, seems some of the fans standards are falling.

He needs to do a lot better next season!

Let's sack Rodgers. And when the new guy doesn't get us into the CL after one season, let's sack him too. And the guy after that. And the guy after that.

Let's set unrealistic expectations and when the manager doesn't meet them, let's boot him out. 4 managers in 4 seasons isn't enough. We want more! 5 in 5. 6 in 6! Awesome!

We had a manager who got us to two cup finals in his first full season back at the club in over 20 years,won one and sealed European football for this season and sacked him.

So what has the current manager done that deserves better treatment?

He's out of his depth and has done what Roy Hodgson couldn't do with expectation levels.

Just had a look at that Hitler vid...

Referring to Ashley Williams "He is a carthorse,he has played most of his career out of the league" - Spot on, Ashley Williams is a fucking yard dog, nowhere near good enough.

And "FSG might has well have bought Swansea if we have all of their ex-players and ex-manager"

Ouch!