You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

He will be if we fail to win today. We'll win though, Reading are woeful.

He will be neither a laughing stock if we lose today, or a genius if we win. the end of the league campaign will be the time to take stock, at which point he is likely to have improved upon KK's league position and points total and finished above Everton.

He will be neither a laughing stock if we lose today, or a genius if we win. the end of the league campaign will be the time to take stock, at which point he is likely to have improved upon KK's league position and points total and finished above Everton.

53 points would represent a fucking abysmal season.

I honestly dont believe our results would be any worse with Kenny still here to be honest.

Rodgers isnt a laughing stock hes just the level of manager who fits a mid table team,like we are threatening to become.

Threatening to become. We are a mid table team.

I honestly dont believe our results would be any worse with Kenny still here to be honest.

Rodgers isnt a laughing stock hes just the level of manager who fits a mid table team,like we are threatening to become.

But, seriously, if you listen or read to what he says, then follow our performances on the pitch and then try to be a little bit objective, you will see that he really is a laughing stock.

But' date=' seriously, if you listen or read to what he says, then follow our performances on the pitch and then try to be a little bit objective, you will see that he really is a laughing stock.[/quote']

A laughing stock is somebody who has us in a relegation battle and doesnt want to upset his mate Slur Whisky Nose.

Rodgers is just an ordinary manager.

A laughing stock is somebody who has us in a relegation battle and doesnt want to upset his mate Slur Whisky Nose.

Rodgers is just an ordinary manager.

Yep, he's always looked like a good mid-table manager to me. We're a mid-table side with an appropriate manager at the moment. He's going to have to raise his game substantially, yes it's a substantial challenge facing him but that hasn't changed. He's not going to be viewed as a success for basically treading water irrespective of however many soundbites he comes out with.

Guest San Don

The shite won today, didnt they? Oh, wait........

Of course Rodgers is not a laughing stock.

As for a midtable manager, time will tell. Except for the likes of you, of course, who have written him off already.

As for a midtable manager, time will tell. Except for the likes of you, of course, who have written him off already.

Not just me either.

I wouldnt be surprised if our owners have too.

I would prefer if the time he took to decide if hes a mid table manager or not was spent somewhere else.

Our expectations have been lowered enough recently so I'd prefer to raise them with a proven successful manager myself.

How is it writing him off to accurately describe what Rodgers has accomplished thus far in his career?

Guest ShoePiss
Anyone sum this up for me?

That would be such a waste, what you should do is get a glass of brandy, comfy chair and sit back and savour every post.

He needs to talk less and stop describing mediocrity as 'terrific'. He's obviously media savvy and realises it's important to keep them onside at least as far as his own position is concerned. It's quite common for someone not delivering to talk an awful lot.
I agree with the media savvy, our success was built on less words and more talking on the pitch....no goals against shitey west ham and relegated reading, for the love of christ!! we have no cup matches!! Brendan get your shit together mate.

Id sum rogers up as a ' clueless mouthpiece'

I hope you're walking down the street one day and the ground opens up and you fall into a big pit.

A pit full of gary glitter fans who put a nappy on you and go to town on your shit covered hoop.

Have some respect you complete and utter bag of used tampons.

Guest Pistonbroke

Not sure about Rodgers becoming a laughing stock...but he is out of his depth and full of shit.

At 0-0 today we were just missing a player who could take one of those chances. It doesn't always have to be Suarez or Gerard, a good manager knows that. So Rodgers makes one sub, Downing for Henderson..........

Why not make another two changes to replace tired legs and get attack minded players on the pitch? Who gives a fuck if we had lost and ended up 6,7, or 8th because of a few more defeats? A win might have kept us in with a chance of Europe. It seems to me that young Brendan is more bothered about getting another season to charm us with his head ideology. Next season will be another shambles IMO, we'll have the same excuses and BR purring about what/how he could perform if his visions were transferred to the pitch! Well we could all do that.

Not sure about Rodgers becoming a laughing stock...but he is out of his depth and full of shit.

At 0-0 today we were just missing a player who could take one of those chances. It doesn't always have to be Suarez or Gerard, a good manager knows that. So Rodgers makes one sub, Downing for Henderson..........

Why not make another two changes to replace tired legs and get attack minded players on the pitch? Who gives a fuck if we had lost and ended up 6,7, or 8th because of a few more defeats? A win might have kept us in with a chance of Europe. It seems to me that young Brendan is more bothered about getting another season to charm us with his head ideology. Next season will be another shambles IMO, we'll have the same excuses and BR purring about what/how he could perform if his visions were transferred to the pitch! Well we could all do that.

This is the problem. A similar example is the way people keep going on about how we need a new central defender or a new midfielder etc, that's only part of the problem - the main problem is that he doesn't really know how to set his stall out. He seems to me to be very much from the 90s school of 'go out there and play', which is why we come a cropper against decent sides (conversely, this is why we often did well against decent sides under Houllier and Rafa, for their flaws, they knew how to drill a team tactically and make the most of what they had).

Rodgers is trying to do what everyone does when they're over their heads - blag.

Guest Pistonbroke
This is the problem. A similar example is the way people keep going on about how we need a new central defender or a new midfielder etc, that's only part of the problem - the main problem is that he doesn't really know how to set his stall out. He seems to me to be very much from the 90s school of 'go out there and play', which is why we come a cropper against decent sides (conversely, this is why we often did well against decent sides under Houllier and Rafa, for their flaws, they knew how to drill a team tactically and make the most of what they had).

Rodgers is trying to do what everyone does when they're over their heads - blag.

Good point mate, because Rodgers seems incapable of it.

He seems more intent of getting his ideology across than actually putting together a winning team. If you want a team to pull together and give 100%, then you have to get them to believe in yourself.

It's like watching my 6 YO son struggling with a puzzle and ignoring my advice.