You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

Yeah and all we had to do was sort the defence out under Roy Evans and we'd have won the league.

Beating Swansea 4-0 with all their best players rested and the rest focused on their first fa cup semi on is not really anything to beat our chests about, its the kinda of result that has had false hope leaking out of every pore of every deluded LFC fan for 25 years.

Yeah and all we had to do was sort the defence out under Roy Evans and we'd have won the league.

Beating Swansea 4-0 with all their best players rested and the rest focused on their first fa cup semi on is not really anything to beat our chests about, its the kinda of result that has had false hope leaking out of every pore of every deluded LFC fan for 25 years.

You could enjoy it for a bit though.

Yeah but I thought we would struggle until I saw their line up. Happy to see us play well and win but no need for some of the plaudits, granted I havent seen any of it yet but I've seen their teamsheet and thats enough to know no matter how we played itll be back to the same old once we come up against anyone of note or a team that comes to defend and catch us in the last ten minutes on the counter.

Lets do it against someone half decent first. We've won one in a row.

Yeah but I thought we would struggle until I saw their line up. Happy to see us play well and win but no need for some of the plaudits, granted I havent seen any of it yet but I've seen their teamsheet and thats enough to know no matter how we played itll be back to the same old once we come up against anyone of note or a team that comes to defend and catch us in the last ten minutes on the counter.

Lets do it against someone half decent first. We've won one in a row.

Totally agree, but let us at least enjoy a decent win, just this once, feck knows we deserve to feel good for a change.

It was from TB in The Times, can only link to the preview of it.

This kind of talk betrays an immaturity in Rodgers IMO, the idea that we come undone because we don't have the mentality rather than the fact we're not organised properly and his tactical awarenes is lacking. We hear it from his backers on here too, the idea that his brand of football is somewhat other-worldly and our lads don't have the nous to understand his vision. The main problem with the playing staff are that most of them are average, and the few decent ones we've got probably just sit there rolling their eyes when they hear stuff like this.

It's all starting to sound a bit Charlie Marimow.

Is there any doubt that we are a very, very weak team in terms of mentality? We have been for years and years, which includes some of the technically better players.

We are, of course, also not all that good, thoguh I do think we are better than our results suggest.

Could you see Utd throwing away leads at Arsenal and City in successive games? Me neither and that is a mentality thing as much as a quality thing. In fact, letting a two-goal lead slip away against Arsenal, a team so weak mentally it is frightening, should be some kind of punishable offence.

Whether Rodgers is the man to get hold of that problem is another matter, but the fact he has identified it is a first step.

Yeah but I thought we would struggle until I saw their line up. Happy to see us play well and win but no need for some of the plaudits,

Got to agree here.

Can anyone who plans to praise the performance or who wants to show anything other than rampant cynicism, please take it to another thread.

Bit negative there mate

You can only beat whats in front of you, and how many times have we failed to do just that?

Some great play today sturridge, suarez and coutinho linked up well and we finally have 3 payers that can actually beat a man and play a creative pass.

Just get rid of downing and replace him with another similar player and we will finally have an attack that will put the shitters on most opponents.

for how long???ffs fella, get real or another team... what have we won since 1990? ok not the league but what the frig do you want ????

Edited by boomer39
error

Bit negative there mate

You can only beat whats in front of you, and how many times have we failed to do just that?

Some great play today sturridge, suarez and coutinho linked up well and we finally have 3 payers that can actually beat a man and play a creative pass.

Just get rid of downing and replace him with another similar player and we will finally have an attack that will put the shitters on most opponents.

I think even with there best team out we would have still won,sturridge and suarez were on form today,look a totally diffrent team when they play together

I haven't seen today's game, but my best mate went to the match today, and says we were relentless, and that 5-0 was flattering for them.

It was a weakened Swansea team, however it sounds like the performance today was outstanding. We must kick on from this now though.

That's the thing though, we rarely do after a great result. Hopefully with Sturridge back it can happen this time.

Without sturridge in the last two games we looked shit. Without them on Thursday we will probably be shit again but at least with sturridge and hopefully coutinho back in the team we can have a strong finish to the league.

Rodgers still has a lot to do to convince me but us football fans have short memories and a loss on Thursday and people will be calling for his head again.

His signings in the summer havent set the world alight but his January signings have been good so I would give him another two transfer windows to try get his own team together hipefully Luis thinks the same!!

I think even with there best team out we would have still won,sturridge and suarez were on form today,look a totally diffrent team when they play together

Yea they are really exciting eh?

Finally we now have 3 class players (instead of gerrard +1)

Coutinho looks a really good player aswell...i think he will do well under brendans coaching

Without sturridge in the last two games we looked shit. Without them on Thursday we will probably be shit again but at least with sturridge and hopefully coutinho back in the team we can have a strong finish to the league.

Rodgers still has a lot to do to convince me but us football fans have short memories and a loss on Thursday and people will be calling for his head again.

His signings in the summer havent set the world alight but his January signings have been good so I would give him another two transfer windows to try get his own team together hipefully Luis thinks the same!!

Well said mate

We just need to see the bigger picture of what he is trying and not expect too much too soon. Its 8 months in the job and he still has some crap players in the squad who will never be able to consistently play the way he wants/

"if" he gets the right players in the summer and spends well we will grow as a team and squad and performances like today will happen more regularly.

I think suarez will stay 100% next year, after that im not sure but if we add quality and play like we can (today) i think he might see the bigger plans too.

I also think Brendan rodgers will get us close to winning the league than any other manager (and thats not a knee jerk reaction to todays performance...he's the man i wanted in the summer)

I haven't seen today's game, but my best mate went to the match today, and says we were relentless, and that 5-0 was flattering for them.

It was a weakened Swansea team, however it sounds like the performance today was outstanding. We must kick on from this now though.

I think we're a bit of a flat track bully to be honest, we need a bit of grit that would come with a bit of experience to make the next step.

That experience needs to be of a high quality though, whether they will finance that is another matter.

I think we're a bit of a flat track bully to be honest, we need a bit of grit that would come with a bit of experience to make the next step.

That experience needs to be of a high quality though, whether they will finance that is another matter.

Yes, These sorts of players may not even cost that much though.

It's difficult to actually think of any specific players though.

We definitely need a more stronger vocal spine to the team though.

Today is what Brendan ultimately wants to achieve with regards to playing style, the trick is to bring in players that allow us to perform at this level week in week out, home or away, regardless of opposition.

The trick is to play very weakened oposition every week. Don't do this to yourselves its not a corner turned, consistency and showing it against a side that is actually wants something from the game and ill raise an eyebrow.p and maybe a glimmer of hope. We essentially played Swansea reserves, we done a great job of turning them over its a huge positive and good to take to the zenit game but I'm not thinking 4th is ours next year and by jove its finally clicked. Again. For the millionth time.

5 nil wins is what every manager wants to achieve.