You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

But surely once Rodgers was appointed (I didn't want him either), you got behind him?

I don't think that would be the case for many fans under Benitez.

I get behind him as I want the club to do well. But the way things are going he hasn't done enough to convince me he is the man to lead us. If he's here next season then Ill continue to support him as I want the club to do well.

I actually think Rafa would lift the fans if he came back.

We need some stability, as we don't have the resources...

Can you define stability? Is the constant decline we are experiencing this season, a sign of stability?

If we really wanted stability we should have given Dalglish another season or two. Now we are going backwards. We can't defend anymore and I have a weird suspicion that something is going on in the dressign room... So I'm not sure what kind of stability we are enjoying at the moment and I don't believe what Rodgers said today that in six or twelve months we won't be doing the same mistakes.

Why do we deserve better?

We win a game, everyone gets carried away and 4th is nailed on. Hendo,Enrique and Downing are class and fair play to the manager for bringing them on.

Lose a game and we are the worst bag of shite in the clubs history. Allens a useless cunt and don't get me started on Borini, Sterling and Skrtel.

We end up with some fucking idiot regaling in some nonsense sent to him by a couple of colleagues giving him the opportunity to create a thread that is a

fucking disgrace to any right minded red.

Why do we deserve better?

Bang on- as mentioned, a team in transition is going to be inconsistent. We also have a ton of inconsistent youngsters. Unless we get sold to a sheik, this is the way it's going be.

Dalglish did that, but our lovely loyal fan base decided to fuck him over, as many were calling for his head last season despite two cup finals, one trophy, good football, not to mention what he done for this club in the past.

Benitez might lift some fans for a bit, but a few poor results and performances and then the same old arguments will return.

I would personally hate going back to Benitez. He had his time and failed in the end and was rightly sacked IMO. Since then he has failed at Inter and seems to be doing the same at Chelsea. Just because other managers have failed since he has left doesn't mean we should bring back Benitez who was also underachieving which was why he got sacked.

I'd rather give Rodgers another season to get it right, as he is doing a lot of things right already. Dalglish deserved that, now let's learn from those lessons and give Rodgers that chance. This chopping and changing each season is getting us nowhere. Rodgers has had a season, he has done some good, some bad. In the summer he can have an opportunity to put right the bad and hopefully we kick on.

This season was never going to be rosey, it was also going to have ups and downs. There is no patience in the game nowdays. We used to be the most loyal fans around and would give managers more time and patience than others, as a result we had long term success. Now we have turned into a joke, chopping and changing the first sign of trouble.

YNWA is our song. We are currently in a storm, now let's get behind our manager and hopefully next season he can take us to that golden sky. Our fans chant this song at Anfield every week, but it seems they don't follow what the words and song actually mean.

I get behind him as I want the club to do well. But the way things are going he hasn't done enough to convince me he is the man to lead us. If he's here next season then Ill continue to support him as I want the club to do well.

Not all of them. There's essentially three groups out there amongst our fanbase when it comes to Rafa. Those who don't want him anywhere near our club again; those who seemingly worship him; and those who take the middle-ground and appreciate his achievements but may or may not fully support his return.

The first group would be up in arms and be quick to say "I told you so" at the first bad result. The second group would be lifted but they'd defend the man no matter what barring relegation form (some even then I'd imagine) and the third group would support him sure but I wouldn't say they'd be "lifted" by him, at least not all of them.

This place is like the twilight zone sometimes. Talk of Mourinho is laughable, and Rafa even more so.

It's fine fucking margins at the moment. Gerrard scores a pen the other night and we have none of this. Even tonight Suarez could (probably should) have scored 4 goals.

We have no option but to stick with Rodgers. There's no chance we're sacking another manager, his staff, finding a new manager with proven credentials, forking out to get him in, spending another 40/50 million to get his players in. It's just not fucking viable.

After sacking Kenny we put all our eggs in the basket of potential. We need to have the stomach to carry out that conviction. We're going about it in the right way but it makes immediate success almost impossible, especially considering the starting points of our rivals.

So, in short, chill the fuck out. We've gone down this road, for better or for worse.

Personally? No. I want the club to stop being a laughing stock, by fair means or foul.

Considering he's just turned the biggest club in the world into a laughing stock Im not sure he'd be a dead cert not to do it to us.

The man is poison. Nearly every club he goes to he leaves the in the shit after he goes/just before he goes.

Dalglish did that, but our lovely loyal fan base decided to fuck him over, as many were calling for his head last season despite two cup finals, one trophy, good football, not to mention what he done for this club in the past.

Benitez might lift some fans for a bit, but a few poor results and performances and then the same old arguments will return.

I would personally hate going back to Benitez. He had his time and failed in the end and was rightly sacked IMO. Since then he has failed at Inter and seems to be doing the same at Chelsea. Just because other managers have failed since he has left doesn't mean we should bring back Benitez who was also underachieving which was why he got sacked.

I'd rather give Rodgers another season to get it right, as he is doing a lot of things right already. Dalglish deserved that, now let's learn from those lessons and give Rodgers that chance. This chopping and changing each season is getting us nowhere. Rodgers has had a season, he has done some good, some bad. In the summer he can have an opportunity to put right the bad and hopefully we kick on.

This season was never going to be rosey, it was also going to have ups and downs. There is no patience in the game nowdays. We used to be the most loyal fans around and would give managers more time and patience than others, as a result we had long term success. Now we have turned into a joke, chopping and changing the first sign of trouble.

YNWA is our song. We are currently in a storm, now let's get behind our manager and hopefully next season he can take us to that golden sky. Our fans chant this song at Anfield every week, but it seems they don't follow what the words and song actually mean.

Good post, mate. Spot on.

We're going about it in the right way

This is the part I'm yet to be convinced about. I think he has the right intentions but is struggling to put them into practice. Perhaps he'll manage it, perhaps not. Jury still very much out. I'd rather stick with him for a bit than hire either of those two though.

Every man, or woman, that steps up to do a football managing / coaching role, genuinely believes that they are the real deal. If they didn't believe this, they wouldn't do it. Ok, ok, there are probably one or two con artists, and one of them has come to Liverpool. Well, she can fuck off.

Sorry, I didn't mean that, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

I genuinely feel sorry for Brendan Rodgers. He'd have stepped up honestly thinking, that he could be the difference, and if he's the man for the job, he will still be believing it.

Every fan wants the glory days back, and we all know its going to take time. I'm starting to realise that Brendan Rodgers is up against more than an inconsistent team of footballers. He's got a club on the decline, and only success on the football field will turn that decline around.

Massive pressure, and I don't envy his position. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Is Brendan Rodgers that man, and if he is, how much time is he allowed?

Edited by KopOut

Welcome to the ART gang:

1 Code72 9

2 Unrighteous 4

3 zigackly 3

4 stringvest 3

5 Magic Sponge 2

6 Skidfingers McGonical 1

7 Juan Galonso 6

8 Tom R 4

9 Kevin D 1

10 AngryofTuebrook 1

11 San Don 2

A list of my negs :D:D:D

Some real fucking cunts there. Kevin D probably being the biggest of the lot. He writes off young players just for shits and giggles. An absolute abortion of a fan.

We'll be a laughing stock for sure if we bin yet another manager and then go tail between our legs back to another former manager.

Rodgers may or may not be the right manager, but less than a season with a group of players lacking passion, leadership, guile, fight and physicality (again, Rodgers may well be a factor in some of those things, but in my opinion its hard to parse it all out in less than a season) is not enough time to be sure.

I suspect our defensive woes are Rodgers doing (rather than the convenient 'player error'), and if he keeps buying midgets then he's just making things worse for himself, but I'm all for getting someone from the club sitting down with him and saying "The defense is a mess, and we are pussies anytime anyone gets in our face - you have a season to figure that out, otherwise its unlikely we are ever going to get anywhere with you. Got it?"

We're mid table because our last two managers have wasted about £100 m on mid table players such as

Carroll

Downing

Borini

Henderson

Allen

Imagine what we could have bought for that money, it's ridiculous ...

If Rodgers this summer again goes for his known strategy of buying players he's coached before then he'll loose my support - full stop....

This place is like the twilight zone sometimes. Talk of Mourinho is laughable, and Rafa even more so.

It's fine fucking margins at the moment. Gerrard scores a pen the other night and we have none of this. Even tonight Suarez could (probably should) have scored 4 goals.

We have no option but to stick with Rodgers. There's no chance we're sacking another manager, his staff, finding a new manager with proven credentials, forking out to get him in, spending another 40/50 million to get his players in. It's just not fucking viable.

After sacking Kenny we put all our eggs in the basket of potential. We need to have the stomach to carry out that conviction. We're going about it in the right way but it makes immediate success almost impossible, especially considering the starting points of our rivals.

So, in short, chill the fuck out. We've gone down this road, for better or for worse.

This.

We are not the draw we were, our name means fuck all unless we can offer loads of money and/or champions league football. The top managers and players will all talk about us being a fantastic club with great history but right now they wouldnt touch us.

Yeah, we can all talk about how we could get this one or another one but its pie in the sky. We've got Rodgers, we sack him we get another of the same ilk.

We're mid table because our last two managers have wasted about £100 m on mid table players such as

Carroll

Downing

Borini

Henderson

Allen

Imagine what we could have bought for that money, it's ridiculous ...

I understand what you mean, but you can only buy those that want to come to you. When you are not in the champions league most top quality players arent interested.

This.

We are not the draw we were, our name means fuck all unless we can offer loads of money and/or champions league football. The top managers and players will all talk about us being a fantastic club with great history but right now they wouldnt touch us.

Yeah, we can all talk about how we could get this one or another one but its pie in the sky. We've got Rodgers, we sack him we get another of the same ilk.

Fuck me i'm out.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

To be honest i think Rogers will have his handful in keeping Suarez all through the summer....can you honestly see the bloke turning out for a team that (could) finish in the bottom half...no Europe next season of any sort....blank weekends such as this FA Cup weekend as we were knocked out by that power house of European Football....Oldham?

If Rogers can manage that then he'll have a future...if not,and he spends the money we receive on mediocracy i for one will be saying he should go!

Guest davelfc
To be honest i think Rogers will have his handful in keeping Suarez all through the summer....can you honestly see the bloke turning out for a team that (could) finish in the bottom half...no Europe next season of any sort....blank weekends such as this FA Cup weekend as we were knocked out by that power house of European Football....Oldham?

Quite simply Suarez is the only thing that has kept us from being in the bottom three this season. As much as he loves us I don't think he left Ajax to sit around the middle of the table propping up some americans latest experiment.

There's a great deal of blame here and it spreads higher than Rodgers. The whole structure of the club stinks, all we're good at these days is maximising sponsorship deals. Says a lot about who runs us and how we're run. Take away the experience of c&a and more fans would be up in arms about our owners.