You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

You coming to Wembley for our cup final this weekend?

He's a fucking bluffer and you all know it, yeah there's blame all over the place but a lot of it has to go on him. Reading saw the writing on the wall and sacked him, we've got idiots in charge that are probably still wanking over the 800 page manifesto.

Every day we have this man in charge damages us, every day we have a fucking salesman as ceo damages us and every day these clueless owners try out this and that scenario without any proper experienced football men here, well you get the point.

It would all be a great joke if it wasn't so fucking depressing.

I agree with a lot of this post, but it goes back a long way.The rot started to set in when Smithy stood down and Noel White came in, and has steadily got worse .We have no football men at the club, they are all bloody salesmen with sales talk and bollocks. It would be nice if someone at the club could recognise a footballer when they see one. Fuck me you could wrap Shelvey, Henderson and Allen as one with six fuckin` legs and they would`nt make a Ronnie Whelan!

No not if you finish lower.

Rafa finished second with a points total that would have won it a lot of seasons. But points totals matter little as a comparison. Positions do.

I am sorry but that is just rubbish.

No manager can do anything about what other teams do. If we get more than 52 points this season we will have improved because it is not down to Rodgers if other teams around us improve or decline more than ourselves.

The whole thread is a shocker. Dave had it spot on, if Gerrard had scored the pen we would not be talking about it, if Kenny waas manager and had us in this position we would not be talking like this.

By the end of the season, if we are below 52 points, by all means talk about the manager, but the constant sniping after every bad result is just pathetic for a man who has been here for less than a year.

I agree with a lot of this post, but it goes back a long way.The rot started to set in when Smithy stood down and Noel White came in, and has steadily got worse .We have no football men at the club, they are all bloody salesmen with sales talk and bollocks. It would be nice if someone at the club could recognise a footballer when they see one. Fuck me you could wrap Shelvey, Henderson and Allen as one with six fuckin` legs and they would`nt make a Ronnie Whelan!

Spot on.

We have been in decline for decades and the current manager and owners are paying the price. It is, of course, up to them to sort it out but they will not do it in a season or even 2 or 3.

It is, of course, their job to sort it out and it would be very nice if we had a football man in the boardroom, but even if we had, patience would still be required.

we've been declining for decades and bla bla bla bla bla bla zzzzzzz.

Thing is last summer, FSG decided to sack a manager who reached two domestic finals, the firstfinals since 2007 and won the first trophy since 2006 and could have replaced him with someone like Van Gaal, Capello, Villas Boas, Rafa, maybe approach Guardiola who also said that Kruijff called Liverpool and they never bothered to speak to him.

Instead, FSG targeted Rodgers who had one year experience in the Premier League and never won anything and Martinez who has an equally exciting CV and his team now sits 19th with the worst defence in the league.

Yet some people would rather suck a fart out of Ayre's ass rather than admitting that FSG and Ayre fucked it up big time.

Well they never qualified it as such, everytime this new meme is brought up its always "if Gerrard scores..." Its like the other misconception that as long as we score first we're fine because we get confidence but in fact we've been giving up leads all season in all competitions. Rodgers won't survive if he doesen't straighten out the defense, he can't fix it with transfers because the players we have are more than capable. What he needs is to bring in a top quality defense coach and stop being so stubborn about his playing style. FSG won't be patient forever.

No offence like, but you havent got a clue what you're talking about. There is no such thing as a 'defense coach' in football. Not from where I'm sitting anyway.

No offence like, but you havent got a clue what you're talking about. There is no such thing as a 'defense coach' in football. Not from where I'm sitting anyway.

What Scott means is that Rodgers needs to bring in someone who can learn him how to organise the defensive part of our game or help him make it an integrated part of the overall set up as he seems a bit clueless on the subject himself going by all evidence presented in front of us.

Teams have assistant coaches who work on various areas of the team. So presumably you're sitting in the dunce's corner. With a hat. And possibly a full english breakfast.

We should pay a guy to tell professional, international players to attack the ball in the air on set pieces.

So we should pay Rodgers to tell a bunch of professionals, most of whom are intrnationals, how to go out and kick a ball between them?

We should pay a guy to tell professional, international players to attack the ball in the air on set pieces.

Yea because set pieces are all we've conceded from this season. Ramos lost Welbeck then for the Mancs goal, he must be shit, as must every player who has lost their man at a set piece.

Believe it or not we will concede from time to time, the most telling thing is how we have gone from having the 3rd best defence to currently joint 8th best with the same players really, that's with the benefit of having Suarez on form up the other end aswell this year.

You know perfectly well what I meant or maybe you and Rodgers have more in common than I thought when it comes to defence

Why don't you make a coherent argument instead of the ad hominen attacks....course I am sensitive to your tender age so perhaps you deserve some slack.

idiot

You know perfectly well what I meant or maybe you and Rodgers have more in common than I thought when it comes to defence

Why don't you make a coherent argument instead of the ad hominen attacks....course I am sensitive to your tender age so perhaps you deserve some slack.

idiot

Psst...I heard a rumour (which I started, and that I cannot confirm or deny) that Robbie is part Belgian.

Just sayin like...

Edited to add : Ahhh its NunavutPatrick that dislikes Belgians. As you were.

idiot

I dont know what you meant. It made no sense. And that example is the first time Ive ever seen that.

Psst...I heard a rumour (which I started, and that I cannot confirm or deny) that Robbie is part Belgian.

Just sayin like...

Edited to add : Ahhh its NunavutPatrick that dislikes Belgians. As you were.

I've met NP, he can vouch for my non belgianess.

I am sorry but that is just rubbish.

No manager can do anything about what other teams do. If we get more than 52 points this season we will have improved because it is not down to Rodgers if other teams around us improve or decline more than ourselves.

The whole thread is a shocker. Dave had it spot on, if Gerrard had scored the pen we would not be talking about it, if Kenny waas manager and had us in this position we would not be talking like this.

By the end of the season, if we are below 52 points, by all means talk about the manager, but the constant sniping after every bad result is just pathetic for a man who has been here for less than a year.

Sorry but finishing lower than last season is failure. By your logic you could get relegated but as long as you have more points than the previous season it's progress! Laughable shite.

When you look at how all of us are banging on about prioritising league placing v cups etc, were UEFA to allow a single CL qualification spot to the winner of the Europa League (as I think they should, just following the trend of domestic cups allowing teams into the EL in the first place, as well as give the EL a massive credibility boost), it would change the dynamic of this argument so bloody much it isn't even funny. Could very well have had an impact on Kenny's unfortunate dismissal too.