You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

No offence but if you would have told me that a City fan after the takeover would be the most intelligent poster on here I would never have believed it.

As ever, a quality post.

You're a fucking bell end mate. One of the biggest on this site and that takes some doing.

We might, we might not.

True. But I would wager rather heavily we will.

At the moment we're 3 points off where we were this time last season. Not being in two finals should help us considerably, plus having Gerrard and Suarez featuring frequently.

Every season has its variables.

Edited by Major Tom

Cue the fucking bell ends who only seem to appear and post negative dunce's shite when we lose. Never see some of these cocks post when we play well/win.

It takes all sorts, but some of these fuckers are as useful as a positive AIDS result.

I didn't think Rodgers was the right appointment in the summer, but was prepared to give him a chance. I just haven't seen anything yet to convince me that I'm not wrong, and that he deserves more time here.

Your sample size is not big enough to show anything.

Didn't really explain it very well.

When most looked at our fixtures remaining, I bet most thought west brom would be three points. Turns out it wasn't.

We have harder games coming up and the way we are there is no guarantee we will win enough to finish higher than 8th.

That's what I meant.

Whatever anyone thinks of him (and everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how mental), the Hodgson comparisons need to stop immediately.

We knew Hodgson was a middle of the road, never-has-been, never won fuck all cunt before he took the job. He'd been around long enough for everyone to know it. I would like to believe that the majority of us never wanted him.

Rodgers hasn't been around long enough for anyone to make that kind of judgment, or draw that comparison.

Whatever anyone thinks of him (and everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how mental), the Hodgson comparisons need to stop immediately.

We knew Hodgson was a middle of the road, never-has-been, never won fuck all cunt before he took the job. He'd been around long enough for everyone to know it. I would like to believe that the majority of us never wanted him.

Rodgers hasn't been around long enough for anyone to make that kind of judgment, or draw that comparison.

I agree, that's a very valid point.

His style of football and his philosophy is much much better than Hodgson, however Rodgers interviews and Press conferences make me cringe, just as much as Woy did.

I did feel a bit sorry for him having Being Liverpool forced upon him so early in the job as this didn't help, but some of the things he said and did in the programme didn't exactly warm me to him either.

It's hardly surprising, FSG have fucked up most of their football related decisions since taking over.

After watching the game yesterday, I can comfortably say that Steve Clarke would have made a better appointment than Rodgers.

Bizarre statement. What the fuck would you have said if Clarke was manger and in our last 12 games we had lost 8 drew 2 and won 2. You know like WBA had done prior to last night.

Who Said It? Brendan Rodgers Or David Brent? (QUIZ)

A couple of my colleagues sent me this at work today. It really is cringe worthy stuff at times.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself starting this thread. Using this title.

There are plenty of places for reds to have a go at the manager on here without you calling him a laughing stock you clever cunt.

Guest davelfc

What the fuck is all this bollocks about people wanting things fixed immediately, nobody here is that stupid.

Yes we need a great deal of work, I don't think for one second that Rodgers has the ability to do this. That is no attack on him, he actually believes he can. We all hoped he could, I'm at the point where I don't see it happening for him.

I believe a better, more experienced manager would get more from our current players. With some people at the top of the club that actually knew something about football we might see the appointment of a manager that could improve us. I accept any appointment is a risk, there are few guarantees in life.

But appointing Rodgers was a huge risk and one that will not pay off in my opinion. If that doesn't make me a fan then fuck you, I've never needed anyone to tell me how good or bad a fan I've been before and I certainly don't need anyone to start now.

I'm not for sacking managers, but I am not for flogging a dead horse in order to keep the ideal that we aren't a sacking club either. Rodgers has to prove he has the ability to earn the right to stay by meeting realistic objectives. To me that was finishing 6th no more than 9 points from 4th and a decent cup run. So far he isn't and doesn't deserve to stay in the hope he gets it right.

So who's next? how long does he get? If he doesn't finish 6th is he out on his arse as well?

What the fuck is all this bollocks about people wanting things fixed immediately, nobody here is that stupid.

Yes we need a great deal of work, I don't think for one second that Rodgers has the ability to do this. That is no attack on him, he actually believes he can. We all hoped he could, I'm at the point where I don't see it happening for him.

I believe a better, more experienced manager would get more from our current players. With some people at the top of the club that actually knew something about football we might see the appointment of a manager that could improve us. I accept any appointment is a risk, there are few guarantees in life.

But appointing Rodgers was a huge risk and one that will not pay off in my opinion. If that doesn't make me a fan then fuck you, I've never needed anyone to tell me how good or bad a fan I've been before and I certainly don't need anyone to start now.

I'm with you.

Rodgers was too much of a gamble at a too critical a point. He may become a great manager but right now I just don't see him doing it with us at all.

My dad said, 'he lacks presence'. And he is right. I don't see someone who will take us forward. And I don't want to see us fucking around hoping he is the man whilst we bob around mid table.

My first choice is and always will be Rafa. I believe he is the one who can get this club firing again. I wanted him in the summer and want him this summer if the oportunity arises because I believe he can fix what we are lacking. That's my choice though. What I didn't want was us to take a gamble on an unknown quantity because he is young. When I saw Martinez with Henry I felt sick in my stomach because I knew what a gamble the club was going to take in the direction it wanted to go. If it wasn't Rafa then there were other manager out there who had better credentials than Rodgers.

Rodgers was chosen though and we all waited to see what he could deliver. It looks like that is a gamble backfiring right now. As I said earlier, if he isn't the man then make the decision because hanging onto him just to prove we aren't a sacking club is as detrimental as what Roman is doing at Chelsea. If you have to fling enough shit until some sticks then so be it.