You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pace Brendan Pace!!!!!!!

old skool tom

Tonights defeat was all about the lack of pace aka daniel sturridge

Fabio & Downing MUST be replace with players with pace because the tippy-tappy football isn't the only way to play.We look average without DS and we also need to revamp the midfield because Allen,Lucas and Shelvey have no recovery pace or energy to get in box.

Its ok playing nice football but it must be varied with pace and directness.I beleive that BR will get it right in 3/4 years but we need to cut our losses in summer and replace Allen.Borrini,Downing & Carrol with more athletic players.

Edited by old skool tom

There's nothing wrong with the football, the midfield (other than depth balance wise) and the way we're playing, it's all down to the fact we don't have a natural goalscorer who will take those chances.

Nevermind half chances, we're creating quality opportunities but we need a proven goalscorer to put them away. We don't need another Suarez or Sturridge, just your Huntelaar or Raul type who first and foremost are FINISHERS.

Downing has stacks of pace, and showed it many times last night. The issue was removing Hendo from play, just as he was becoming a threat. Shelvey was inept. He should have been replaced by Hendo; Sterling, who replaced Hendo, was ok and showed some smart thinking, but it is Luis and the fullbacks..the buck stops with them right there. Poor, very poor. Borini will never get his confidence up, if he's not trusted by the manager.

I don't know if I trust BR in the market!

I don't trust FSG to put up what's needed to compete.....

Sell carroll/Downing/Borini to raise money......

We need at least another 2 wingers - first choice world class players

One more CM, one AM, a CB or two and at least one WC striker/preferrably 2.....

On top of the £20-30m raised for the players above another 50 million will be needed - can't see that happening any time soon with the current owners....

No, I disagree. We need a manager who can get the best out of the players. They have the potential; you don't play that well against Citeh and not be talented. That game was for the taking, but Rodgers will never make a tactical decision that takes him out of his comfort zone. The buck for that loss falls on the manager's shoulders, fair and square.

1. Henderson, the in-form player is subbed just as he becomes a threat.

2. Borini is put anywhere except where he should be . I'd be fucked off too if I was Fabio.

3. Wisdom a problem? Enrique gets the nod, but fails miserably, and gets a full game even when its obvious at halftime he's pushing extremely soft shit up a very steep hill.

4. Luis Suarez gets a full game, when he should have been subbed by Borini? - an opportunity for the manager to show a little faith in his signing.

Poor team selection, poor substitutions and a bloody awful day and time to turn up for a footy match. Whatever happened to Saturday afternoons?

I don't know if I trust BR in the market!

I don't trust FSG to put up what's needed to compete.....

Sell carroll/Downing/Borini to raise money......

We need at least another 2 wingers - first choice world class players

One more CM, one AM, a CB or two and at least one WC striker/preferrably 2.....

On top of the £20-30m raised for the players above another 50 million will be needed - can't see that happening any time soon with the current owners....

Think we need to realise almost £150m has been spent on players the last 2 seasons. So FSG hasn't got that part wrong its who is spending and who its being spent on. Of all the signings for only 2 to shine is extremely worrying. If these jokers are given more funds they'll only be wasted.

No, I disagree. We need a manager who can get the best out of the players. They have the potential; you don't play that well against Citeh and not be talented. That game was for the taking, but Rodgers will never make a tactical decision that takes him out of his comfort zone. The buck for that loss falls on the manager's shoulders, fair and square.

1. Henderson, the in-form player is subbed just as he becomes a threat.

2. Borini is put anywhere except where he should be . I'd be fucked off too if I was Fabio.

3. Wisdom a problem? Enrique gets the nod, but fails miserably, and gets a full game even when its obvious at halftime he's pushing extremely soft shit up a very steep hill.

4. Luis Suarez gets a full game, when he should have been subbed by Borini? - an opportunity for the manager to show a little faith in his signing.

Poor team selection, poor substitutions and a bloody awful day and time to turn up for a footy match. Whatever happened to Saturday afternoons?

You are a travesty of a poster and this is a travesty of a post. Fucking brainless cunt. Actually read back what you have just put. You want to take Suarez off. That's Suarez the guy with the second most amount of goals in the prem and 9 in 10 before last night who created quite a few oppotunities for himself and others and you want him replaced with Borini... BORINI. You fucking thick fucking cunt.

Where the fuck do you want Borini played you fucking stupid cunt. He came on and played right down the middle. Do you want him at centre half or something? He would probably be as threatening to oppositions there as he is up front. The crowd where instantly on his back for one reason. He was being a lazy cunt. We had Suarez, Henderson and even Shelvey chasing down all the time they were on the pitch. Then he comes on and can't be arsed. Fair enough he needs games to get sharp but this should be the minimum expected from him.

Henderson "the in form" player wasn't really offering us much apart from running. He was replaced and a more attacking player was brought on you stupid fucking cunt. You also want Wisdom on for Enrique so we can then put Johnson at left back? They both weren't playing well but do you honestly think Wisdom is going to offer more going forward than eitehr of these 2.

I just want to end this post by saying I think you are now officially the stupidest cunt I have ever come across.

Guest San Don
Downing has stacks of pace, and showed it many times last night. The issue was removing Hendo from play, just as he was becoming a threat. Shelvey was inept. He should have been replaced by Hendo; Sterling, who replaced Hendo, was ok and showed some smart thinking, but it is Luis and the fullbacks..the buck stops with them right there. Poor, very poor. Borini will never get his confidence up, if he's not trusted by the manager.

Downing may have stacks of pace (I remain to be convinced) but he doesnt fucking use it to take someone on, beat them and get to the bye line.

Everytime I see that slacker play for us he never takes a man on and always comes inside when he gets 18 - 20 yards from goal.

How about he gets to the bye line and bangs a few crosses over instead of blasting it into his marker and the ball pinging off any where?

How many times does this manager have to play shelvey in a forward role to realise he's no striker or natural finisher?

Henderson being taken off last night was appalling. He's been one of our best players recently and he gets hooked? The fucking manager hasnt a clue what he's doing imo.

Skrtel has been publically dropped on the back of a poor performance against welbeck yet, agger continually costs us goals and still plays. Why does the manager and some folk think he's the second franz beckenbauer?

Borini? Kenny got slated over carroll yet this manager seems untouchable over borini who he thinks is some sort of great striker.

Im not his biggest fan here but benitez is likely to be available come the end of the season if not before. Horse, mouth, gift, look, spring to mind.

Tonights defeat was all about the lack of pace aka daniel sturridge

Fabio & Downing MUST be replace with players with pace because the tippy-tappy football isn't the only way to play.We look average without DS and we also need to revamp the midfield because Allen,Lucas and Shelvey have no recovery pace or energy to get in box.

Its ok playing nice football but it must be varied with pace and directness.I beleive that BR will get it right in 3/4 years but we need to cut our losses in summer and replace Allen.Borrini,Downing & Carrol with more athletic players.

Downing has pace, Sterling has pace, Johnson has pace, even Borini has pace.

The problem is not pace. Half the League 2 sides have shit players with pace, that's the only criteria for picking some of them, blistering pace, but zero game intelligence or technical skills to do things AT pace.

If we had Iniesta in the middle of our team, we'd be brilliant. We lack that sort of class operator who can scoop a ball over two centre backs and create a chance amid the chaos of a packed central area. But there are caveats to that, because it's the PL and it's more frenetic and more physical than other top leagues. I'd prefer a Perisic to a Silva, just because when the game gets away from them they can still contribute physically and win a few challenges and maybe get on the end of something created out wide.

Looking in Spain is the obvious answer because they are producing so many gifted footballers. What the dickens is happening with Suso? He's far from the finished article, but there's no way he should be languishing outside of matchday for this long, not if we want to get something out of him. Texeira as well, just wasted at the moment.

Injuries permitting, I'd love to see a front 3, playing behind Sturridge, of Coutinho - Suso - Suarez. And yes, it will probably suck a dick for 10 games in a row, but eventually class will out and it'd be something to behold. Speed of thought will always be more important than actual speed. Even Bale, for all his pace, he's still just a very clever player who knows when to use it in a game.

You are a boring fucking retard go fuck off to blue kipper you twat.

WHAT CHANCES? apart from peno tonight we created zero clear cut chances.WE NEED PLAYERS WHO CAN CREATE CHANCES FROM NOTHING BY THEMSELVES when things arent going right like tonoight

See this is the mistake. We've got the ball, we can get the ball into dangerous areas but there's never anyone there to make that chance a goal.

We had all the possession, 25 shots of which 7 were on target. West Brom sat back and defended with their lives and that combined with yet another inspirational goalkeeping performance at Anfield was enough for them to smash and grab the points.

Get some genuine poachers into this side and these games change from draws/losses into wins.

You are a travesty of a poster and this is a travesty of a post. Fucking brainless cunt. Actually read back what you have just put. You want to take Suarez off. That's Suarez the guy with the second most amount of goals in the prem and 9 in 10 before last night who created quite a few oppotunities for himself and others and you want him replaced with Borini... BORINI. You fucking thick fucking cunt.

Where the fuck do you want Borini played you fucking stupid cunt. He came on and played right down the middle. Do you want him at centre half or something? He would probably be as threatening to oppositions there as he is up front. The crowd where instantly on his back for one reason. He was being a lazy cunt. We had Suarez, Henderson and even Shelvey chasing down all the time they were on the pitch. Then he comes on and can't be arsed. Fair enough he needs games to get sharp but this should be the minimum expected from him.

Henderson "the in form" player wasn't really offering us much apart from running. He was replaced and a more attacking player was brought on you stupid fucking cunt. You also want Wisdom on for Enrique so we can then put Johnson at left back? They both weren't playing well but do you honestly think Wisdom is going to offer more going forward than eitehr of these 2.

I just want to end this post by saying I think you are now officially the stupidest cunt I have ever come across.

Yes. I'd have substituted Suarez for Borini. Yes, I'd have kept Henderson on, replacing Shelvey. Henderson's first half was anonymous because he was starved of the ball - not his fault - the team just kept hammering away at the right hand side. Early in the 2nd half he got more into the game moving forward and central, so at that point it was obvious to a coach with brains, that you'd remove Shelvey and let Henderson loose. Suarez had a very poor night by his standards, and at 70 minutes I'd have given Borini an opportunity IN PLACE of Suarez (oh what fucking heresy) and he'd have Downing to his right and Sterling to his left, with Hendo roaming just behind.

Wisdom has been playing well, so I saw no reason to drop him, and Johnson has linked up extremely well with Henderson on the left; as an effective combination, we may have got better results in the first half, rather than using Enrique behind Henderson, with Enrique only just returning from injury.

Now then, may I suggest some anger management? You are obviously seething at the world for some sort of life long injustice you think you've received? I wouldn't know you from a bar of soap, but you've got real problems chump. I bet your breath stinks with all that foul language spurting forth. Good luck, and have a nice life.