You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

23_Carra_Gold

Going to Rome in April and Lazio are at home the weekend I'm there. Wondering if anyone who's been before can tell me if its best to get the tickets in advance or on the day itself?

I booked tickets online in advance a few years ago, collected them at a stadium collection point and put my wallet back in my pocket. My wallet was gone the next time I checked for it. It's that kind of place.

The 0-0 draw between Lazio and Inter that followed was fucking horrendous too.

I went to watch Roma in 2003 and bought mine from the club shop in the city centre, maybe it's worth checking if you can do that with Lazio plus it would probably be safer for your wallet. If you go on the website the stadium guide.com it always gives information on how to get tickets for each major stadium or club side in Europe and the best way to get to the ground via public transport.

Word of warning though if you get off at Ottaviano San Pietro Metro station and walk up towards the ground I'd watch your back as Italian shithouse supporters can smell foreigners like sharks smell blood. Even if you are going to watch their team they could be a bit hostile towards you and the police are never interested in getting involved unless there are about 400 of them with riot gear on.

The 82,000-capacity Stadio Olimpico is two miles north of the city centre, either via Ottaviano on metro line A then bus 32, or to Flaminio on the same line and tram 225. Allow 20 minutes from Termini station.

Roma sell tickets at the AS Roma store (Piazza Colonna 360), from Via Appia Nuova 130, near Re di Roma metro, and at Ricevitoria Lotto outlets. Lazio's outlet is at Via Farini 34 and at Lottomatica's outlets. Sell-outs are rare.

Remember to bring your passport when you are buying the ticket.

I've been to see both Lazio and Roma quite a few times at the Stadio Olympico. Get off at Ottaviano and walk up the main street.

I've never seen or had any trouble and have enjoyed my visits. Having said that I sit in the side stand so I'm not with either set of hardcore supporters. I'm usually surrounded by families and tourists. You can even drink beer in your seat as you watch the game.

I've been to see both Lazio and Roma quite a few times at the Stadio Olympico. Get off at Ottaviano and walk up the main street.

I've never seen or had any trouble and have enjoyed my visits. Having said that I sit in the side stand so I'm not with either set of hardcore supporters. I'm usually surrounded by families and tourists. You can even drink beer in your seat as you watch the game.

What stand is that? I was about to buy tickets last night but it was all in Italian and I didn't want to slip up and sit with...well...you know...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMeKvuHVZUHUnygd-45kSTCWhrBoZ8fGpH9NJpCCgGMYBlmGYB

Look for tickets in Tribuna Tevere. Its the light green section in the linked map.

Stadio Olympico

You can buy beer and food in the stadium, but don't take drink in with you cause it'll be confiscated. Avoid Curva Nord and Curva Sud. Take your passport with you when you go to the game - your name will be on the ticket and they will look for a match with your id.