You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is our defence coach at the moment? Or is defending a bit beneath our dignity? At their end of the pitch, our corners are a joke: we may as well just give the ball to their keeper and save time. At our end of the pitch, it feels like we run a good chance of conceding of every corner. It felt so inevitable this evening.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooting not good enough. United put them away, we put them a foot too close to the keeper.

Suarez looks tired.

Johnson, put the ball in the box. No, stop that, put it in the box. PUTIT IN THE FUCKING BOX GLEN.

Agger insanely bad, I hope Rodgers lays into him, that's unacceptable.

Henderson is hugely important to us, but we've got 2 more games in 6 days, he can't play every minute.

In general, our transitions are too slow, we need to recycle the ball faster and break, but we seem to take 3 seconds to do what can be done in 1 second.

Such a shame, we were bossing that and some shithouse time wasting and cynical fouling from West Brom were the order of the day, they should be embarrassed to win that, they offered nothing, and that Yacob was a cheating whining cunt.

Give the pens to Suarez or Borini. A goal can transform a striker in a game, yet we give them to Gerrard, it's so shortsighted.

Nothing much to analyse, just couldn't finish, tons of chances made.

We cant blame rodgers for a missed pen and stupid decisions by players.

That foster had a screamer of a game is not Rodgers fault either.

He might have picked a different player than shelvey but if the rest of the team are playing gash then shelvey playing is not going to make much difference. We dominated that game and didn't win due to the players not putting the ball in the net. Only so much a manager can do.

Fucking pathetic, 4th is gone, time to only play players who have a future at the club and start preparing for next year.....

A handful of the players out there today needs a good kicking up the arse, and a few I never want to see in a red jersey again....

At times it's painful to support our club!

We need more transfers and better players, players who have winning mentality!

How Enrique manages to come out and criticize the manager and then put in this performance is shocking... And Johnson WTF is going on?

Where is Suzo at the moment? Much rather give him some game time and prep him for next season than playing some of the shite we keep giving game time at the moment.... (if you're not mentally strong LFC is not the place to be)

The empty seats at the end meant really bad viewing for the older supporters its a never seen before, now if your the manager and your looking at the kop emptying out in front of you, you need to take heed. An average performance no bite thats what we were looking at. Wish I had a fiver on that result the amount of money these fuckers have taken from us over the last 23 years is disgusting. I personally would like to have a couple of minutes with them after that game, the managers is in a privileged position but cant influence them 800 pages of shite, shite, shite.

Guest San Don
Borini makes Sean Dundee look like Pele' date=' he's fucking useless.[/quote']

Er, LOL! Only in a not funny way. He was a top striker in Serie A though. Allegedly/

Henderson (£16m) Allen (£15m) Downing (£20m)

---------Carroll (£35m) Borini (£11m)----------

Almost £100m spent on those players. Borini being kept out of the side by Shelvey (£1-2m) who is also being played out of position. Lucas (£8m) keeping Allen on the bench. Carroll not even at the club and Henderson and Downing are average squad players of mid to low table team calibre. How can you spend all that money and still have problems in all the positions these 5 players play in?

FSG haven't a fucking notion about what they are doing. I've never in my life come across such a clueless shower of halfwits. We are shit from top to bottom, back to front.

We must be the easiest team on the planet to hit on the break or score against from a set piece. All we were short tonight was hitting the post and cross bar and we were right back to where we were 12 months ago. We just refuse to learn from our mistakes and between Rodgers and FSG I have absolutely no confidence that they have what it takes to turn this club around.

With only 12 games left to play we still haven't hit the magic 40 point mark to stay in the league. Out of both domestic cups and not an Anfield cats chance in hell of winning the Europa League. As far back as Hicks and Gillette took us off the pitch in terms of debt placed on the club, FSG have assembled a team of such absolute shit that if you stuck a tasher on Rodgers and scrawled Kozma, Piechnik and Stewart on the back of a few jerseys it's 1993 re-revisited.

Utterly clueless cunts to a man..

Guest San Don
Henderson (£16m) Allen (£15m) Downing (£20m)

---------Carroll (£35m) Borini (£11m)----------

Almost £100m spent on those players. Borini being kept out of the side by Shelvey (£1-2m) who is also being played out of position. Lucas (£8m) keeping Allen on the bench. Carroll not even at the club and Henderson and Downing are average squad players of mid to low table team calibre. How can you spend all that money and still have problems in all the positions these 5 players play in?

FSG haven't a fucking notion about what they are doing. I've never in my life come across such a clueless shower of halfwits. We are shit from top to bottom, back to front.

We must be the easiest team on the planet to hit on the break or score against from a set piece. All we were short tonight was hitting the post and cross bar and we were right back to where we were 12 months ago. We just refuse to learn from our mistakes and between Rodgers and FSG I have absolutely no confidence that they have what it takes to turn this club around.

With only 12 games left to play we still haven't hit the magic 40 point mark to stay in the league. Out of both domestic cups and not an Anfield cats chance in hell of winning the Europa League. As far back as Hicks and Gillette took us off the pitch in terms of debt placed on the club, FSG have assembled a team of such absolute shit that if you stuck a tasher on Rodgers and scrawled Kozma, Piechnik and Stewart on the back of a few jerseys it's 1993 re-revisited.

Utterly clueless cunts to a man..

So you're a tad disillusioned then?

Welcome to reality everybody.

As much as some people hoped 4th was never a reality and european football is the best we can hope for and that might be a stretch.

Our manager was out thought by an old colleague who understands how inflexible his view of the game is and who really is a learner driver who has been given the keys to a ferrari and doesnt really know how to drive it.

Just back from the game, in haste.

A bad day at the office, and a reminder of where we really are at the moment, a team capable of challenging for an EL spot.

I can’t fault King Brenny’s team selection, what he couldn’t have anticipated was Agger’s lapse for McAuley’s goal or Johnson, and others, being out of position for their second.

KB can also not be faulted for his positive, attacking substitutions, but Borini and Coutinho, £20m worth of talent, made little impact.

Luis was “fortunate” to win our penalty, and let the team, the fans, and the club down badly by getting himself booked at the end for sarcastic clapping. He is paid to play football, not to win himself shopping trips while wilfully suspended.

Steve Clarke knows our team better than KB and exploited familiar weaknesses. KB will learn. Sturridge was sorely missed. With the Blue shite losing on at the weekend, an opportunity to close the gap has been lost, and if we want Luis here next season, and not in Munich, these sort of games need to be won.

Just back from the game, in haste.

A bad day at the office, and a reminder of where we really are at the moment, a team capable of challenging for an EL spot.

I can’t fault King Brenny’s team selection, what he couldn’t have anticipated was Agger’s lapse for McAuley’s goal or Johnson, and others, being out of position for their second.

KB can also not be faulted for his positive, attacking substitutions, but Borini and Coutinho, £20m worth of talent, made little impact.

Luis was “fortunate” to win our penalty, and let the team, the fans, and the club down badly by getting himself booked at the end for sarcastic clapping. He is paid to play football, not to win himself shopping trips while wilfully suspended.

Steve Clarke knows our team better than KB and exploited familiar weaknesses. KB will learn. Sturridge was sorely missed. With the Blue shite losing on at the weekend, an opportunity to close the gap has been lost, and if we want Luis here next season, and not in Munich, these sort of games need to be won.

The decision to play Shelvey was a shocker, Xerxes. And whenever WBA got the ball, we shit our pants in mf and defence. That they hardly got the ball was a minor positive, but they were always going to be more potent than our starting line up.

Rodgers should shoulder a decent proportion of blame for the poor team selection tonight. Borini should have started. It's made a huge difference to the team's all round effectiveness having somebody ahead of Suarez this last month and it's something Rodgers should have realised was key to our recent form. It was a terrible decision to play Shevley and Henderson in the roles they were asked to do.

Apart from that it's the season long stories of a midfield playing 25 yards apart and the opposition walking through it, no leadership on the pitch, static set piece defending, big dopey striker looks a world beater against us and a lack of players getting in the box.

And the couple of decades old story of us shitting it every time the pressure is on. Although now it's 'pressure' about maybe getting fourth place. Not, as in even the recent past, pressure about going top of the league.

Shocking performance this. We have some serious defensive issues to sort if we wanna be a top team, defending set pieces is definately one of them.

But most of all this was back to 4-12 months ago when we have 20+ goal attempts, still fail to score, and feel hard done by. But the truth is we only created a handful of real chances tonight. 25 goal attempts and 7 of those on target is not something new to this team, and it tells a story of a team that run out of ideas in the final third. This again leads to half harted attempts from all the wrong positions.

Yes I agree that we need a strong holding midfielder, and centre back and other positions also need to be addressed at some stage. But I think tonigh also showed that more pace, creativity and quality in the final third still is priority number one. The addition of Sturridge have made a real difference, and we need at least one more player in that category to have even a minimum of depth.

Anyway, what the fuck do I know. Before tonights game I though we were fairly ok at least with our two first choice full backs. Then the turn in a performance so shockingly bad I didn't think it was possible. Must be down to mentality. Small club mentality probably. Like someone is saying above, very clever by Enrique to talk about feeling hard done by prematch and then turn in a performance like that.