You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Baker's..

Stouffer

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

You can take the man out of Millwall

Just now, cloggypop said:

Get over it snowflake. 

I despair at the times I've heard the lazy Liverpool stereotypes. I've lost count of the times I've read scousers complaining about it, and yet here we are throwing them out at others. 

And cloggy, I'm disappointed at you. 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

So what your saying is that it’s only a 25% chance of a it being a victim of racism and 75% of being a racist like good old Great Grandad?

If anything the baby has been the fucking racist here.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Onkalo said:

I despair at the times I've heard the lazy Liverpool stereotypes. I've lost count of the times I've read scousers complaining about it, and yet here we are throwing them out at others. 

And cloggy, I'm disappointed at you. 

I've always liked Danny Baker on the radio ( he's shite on the box) but he deserves all the stick he gets , stereotyped or not, for what he said and his lame excuses.

It was a crap joke and I dont believe that any racist nonsense was intended.

However, hysterical fannies on twitter will always act like jerks. Something they dont like someone should be sacked lets petition their boss etc.

Piss poor world we live in

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

I find it completely incomprehensible that Danny Baker would deliberately tweet a picture of a monkey (ape) to allude to the child's race. That would imply he thought people would find that funny or amusing, or that no one would react. How could he possibly think he would get away with that and why would he want to?  

Correct.

It wasnt even that funny or witty in poking fun at the classes/royals, but to think he would willingly do it with racial undertones is indeed jumping to far fetched conclusions.

He of all people should have known better

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

Is the baby black? Ive not actually seen him so genuine question based on the above? 

It’s his proximity to blackness that defines the issue. 3 days old and has already experienced racism 

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

I've always liked Danny Baker on the radio ( he's shite on the box) but he deserves all the stick he gets , stereotyped or not, for what he said and his lame excuses.

I’ve never had any strong feelings about him but always had him as a quite savvy metropolitan type. Even if he does have some retro type schtick, PG Tips chimps an all, what was he thinking? It defies all explanation 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I think we’re all missing the point that, irrespective of the motivations or reasoning behind the chimpanzee tweet, he should have been sacked for coughing that he has red sauce on a sausage sandwich....

Well he wouldn't have brown sauce, that's now obvious.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Anyone know what Danny Baker even did for the BBC? I thought he was fired into obscurity about 20 years ago.

He's got/had an excellent show on BBC radio 5 every Saturday morning. Part sports, part showbiz, part...well, general irreverence. It's very entertaining and I'm very disappointed it's been cancelled because they'll replace it with shite. 

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Anyone know what Danny Baker even did for the BBC? I thought he was fired into obscurity about 20 years ago.

Oh yeah, he has/had a Saturday morning slot on R5 prior to the football build up. Husband (brown sauce) loved it . He will be genuinely gutted it’s gone

8 minutes ago, Remmie said:

You’ve never listened to the Sausage Sandwich game. Shame on you.

• Upvote 2