You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 4

Sut

Don't get what was shit about it to be honest, our message all along has been games so that's what we delivered. Games, games and more games. That's what we delivered, with a release date.

I'm surprised there's such a big gap between the two releases I thought it would be worldwide but there's obviously enough confidence at Sony to go head to head with the XBox 180 in their home territory.

I don't know, i guess i was just expecting something previously unannounced that wasn't indie. It seemed like the messaging was just an overflow from E3 (to be expected really) with obvious swipes at Microsoft. But with the One announcing self publishing and the like, it just seems like the gap has narrowed there.

I thought there'd be some kind of hint at what Naughty Dog or Sony Santa Monica were working on.

You're right, Shadow Fall looks good but sci-fi shooters just aren't my cup of tea, which is where i guess my meh-ness is coming from.

Originally i was hoping Second Son would be a launch title, but with that down for next year it's looking increasingly like i'll just be getting a multi-platform game or two with the console, which seems a bit silly really.

They'll all look great on the PS4, and i can't wait to try the controller, but it's always nice to get excited about an exclusive launch title and this time i'm just not feeling that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony will release a PlayStation 4 bundle that includes a number of extra items - for the same price as Xbox One in Europe.

The bundle costs €499 - the same as Microsoft's European Xbox One price - which translates to around £427. In the UK the Xbox One costs £429.

Sony has yet to officially unveil the bundle - or name a UK price - but it is already available for pre-order on Amazon France.

Included in the box will be a copy of PS4-exclusive launch title Killzone Shadow Fall, two DualShock 4 controllers and the PlayStation 4 Camera.

That's compared to Microsoft's offering, which includes FIFA 14 when you pre-order the bundle, Kinect and an Xbox One controller.

Bought separately, the bundle's contents would cost £503 when purchased together from Amazon at time of publication (£349 for the PS4 console, £55 for the PlayStation Camera, £54 for a second DualShock 4 and £45 for Killzone: Shadow Fall). That's roughly a £70 saving.

Sony originally planned to include the PlayStation 4 Camera in the standard PS4 box but dropped the idea prior to E3 in order to reduce the console's standard price to £349.

A Sony spokesperson told Eurogamer that it had no details on UK bundles at this time.

Probably for Kinect-y type games. Whether we like it or not, Sony and MS will be pushing their camera things.

The extra controller sounds the best bit for me. I have no use for the camera and I don't like Killzone at all, so the bundle isn't for me. I don't even know if I'm going to get a PS4 first yet. I'm leaning towards an XBOX for the online service. Gonna try and get back into my online games and always preferred XBL so thinking I'll pick up a PS4 at a later date. I might just buy neither and play the games I've missed on PS3 this past 2 years as I've played nothing bar FIFA really.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Killzone games either, would much sooner being able to choose your own game (Fifa 14) & having the extra controller.

I'm not getting a PS4 day one anyway so I'll price things up at a later time. I've no interest in the camera though.

• 2 months later...

I'm still waiting for Amazon to update my order and confirm my delivery date.

In the email they sent, they said that they would update all upgraded pre-orders by Monday 4th November, but I assume that they have had more upgrades than they anticipated and are well beind with their updates.