You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 4

Sut

Looks like all, or most (didn't check every headset), PS4 compatible headsets require this chat cable, which is a pain in the arse. The whole point of buying a wireless headset was not to have any wires getting in the way! Oh well, only a few quid to get a cable. Don't think I have one floating around.

Says here that most 3.5mm to 2.5mm cables will not work. Surely bollocks to get you to buy the official chat cable? The official chat cable that's not available in Europe yet.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464

Yeah, read that as well. Again, I see no reason why any other appropriate jack would not work, although to be fair, I'll probably get the official cable anyway.

Destiny does look fantastic. I just hope it feels different to Halo, which I could never get on with. (Not helped by my dislike of the Xbox controllers, mind).

Would have loved to have seen Titanfall become available for the PS4, but for some reason, Respawn & EA have decided that it'll just be a Microsoft exclusive. Seems kind of a shame to get a game that looks as good as this on the older consoles rather than a next gen, but at the same time, I won't be getting an Xbox One just for 1 game.

I'll be getting Destiny. When is it out?

Is there other good games to download besides Resogun?

No release date for Destiny as yet.

GT6 is out next month too, isn't it?

GT6 is only out for PS3, and is released on Friday. They are working on GT7 for PS4 now, with a view to releasing it in a year or two.

That chat cable idea seems odd. You need to buy an extra cable for your fancy wireless things but my battered and bruised PX21s will work straight off. 

Are you just having to change the size from 2.5 to 3.5 or something?

The cable is a 3.5mm male to 2.5mm male jack. The cable runs from the headset to the controller, exactly like the Xbox. This is all to accommodate party chat, which I've always been pretty much meh about.

No release date for Destiny as yet.

GT6 is only out for PS3, and is released on Friday. They are working on GT7 for PS4 now, with a view to releasing it in a year or two.

Balls, Gamestop in Ireland had on their website it was out on PS4.

I seen Destiny was mooted for Spring, was just wondering if there was anything more concrete regarding a date.

Finally got a delivery date from Amazon! I should have my PS4 on Saturday 14th.

That's good going considering when you pre ordered.

There are a few people here in Ireland who were due to have theirs delivered on release day, yet still don't have them. An Post are saying they don't know where they are. That'd be some kick in the teeth.

Release date for Destiny is now official - 9th September 2014.

Much later than I would have expected, but I'm glad in a way, as hopefully this will mean a really intensive Alpha and Beta program, meaning that we get an absolute beast of a game when it does release.

The open Beta is due to hit during the summer, with PlayStation getting their hands on it first.

Bungie News article.

Destiny has always represented a new beginning for our team. It was born from brave possibilities. We dreamed of a renewed and independent Bungie. We found partners willing to bet big on some crazy new ideas with us.

We first shared the design pillars of Destiny less than one year ago. We promised to redefine what players should expect from a Bungie game. We said we wanted to change the way people play games together. We set our bar high. For us, Destiny represents a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Since then, Destiny has continued to reveal its promise. Every new build brings us closer to our original vision. With those goals in sight, we intend to use every moment from now until the release of the game to ensure that Destiny lives up to your expectations, and our own.

Today, in partnership with Activision, we are proud to announce that the worldwide launch of Destiny will happen on September 9th. Accordingly, the Destiny Beta will kick off in the summer of 2014, available first on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

The early support and enthusiasm for Destiny has been inspiring and humbling. We believe this is the right decision for our game, our studio, and our passionate community. Thank you for coming along with us on this adventure. 

See you starside.
  • Upvote 1