You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 4

Sut

Yukimura

While developing the PlayStation 4 system, our hardware and software teams relied on feedback from our community of developers. The result is the most innovative and forward-thinking gaming console in the market today. Since launch, PlayStation has continued that trend of listening to feedback by bringing some of the most highly requested features from the PlayStation Nation to PS4 with each of our system software updates. When we unveiled PS4 two years ago, we announced Suspend/Resume, a feature that would enable PS4 users to jump in and out of their games faster than ever. This has been a feature gamers have been excited about since then, and today I am honored to officially confirm that system software update 2.50, “Yukimura,” will soon deliver Suspend/Resume, as well as a number of other requested features to PS4.

Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time — just pick up your DualShock 4 wireless controller, hit the PS button and get right back into the action of your games. When it’s time to log off, simply put your PS4 in Rest Mode and when you power up the next time, you’ll start your game where you left off. Spend less time getting into your games and more time playing them.

Here are some of the other highly requested new features and changes coming soon in “Yukimura:”

• Sub-account to Master account Upgrade: Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online athttps://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.
  • Facebook Friend Search: Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.
  • Remote Play & Share Play at 60 fps: For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with “Yukimura.” Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to stream gameplay at 60 or 30 fps when using Remote Play or Share Play on supported devices.
  • Accessibility Options: “Yukimura” introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.
  • Trophy Improvements: We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.
  • Share Video Clips to Dailymotion: When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, “Yukimura” will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.

Stay tuned for more information on “Yukimura” and, as always, let us know in the comments how we can continue to improve PS4 to make it the best place to play.

Button reassignment is something that I've been hoping would be introduced, for quite some time.

Project CARS delayed until mid May. It had been pushed back from March to April, but has now been delayed further.

MCV

First it was November, then March, then April. Now Project Cars is due out in May.

Bandai Namco and developer Slightly Mad Studios have said that the PS4, Xbox One and PC version of Project Cars will now be released at an unspecified point in mid-May.

The game had initially been due for release on November 21st last year. It was then pushed back to March 20th, and then again to April 2nd. This latest delay is despite the claim that the game is virtually complete.

“Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project Cars is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all,” studio boss Ian Bell said. “Despite therefore the game being 99.9 per cent complete, the remaining 0.1 per cent attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive.

“Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There’s a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project Cars is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.

“And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we’re sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info.”

Suspend / resume will be great, but in a way it's not as needed because the start up from fully off is far faster on the PS4. It'll be great to have it though.

It was something they talked about at the launch event, just taken some time to roll it out. Xbone has had this for a while. Wonder why Sony took their time releasing this?

However, the ability to remap buttons is something that I'm really pleased that they've done. Means I can finally switch L1/R1 & L2/R2 for Battlefield. Hopefully this may push Xbone to do the same. I'm not a fan of the triggers on either controller, and much prefer the bumper buttons (L1 & R1 on PS4).

It was something they talked about at the launch event, just taken some time to roll it out. Xbone has had this for a while. Wonder why Sony took their time releasing this?

However, the ability to remap buttons is something that I'm really pleased that they've done. Means I can finally switch L1/R1 & L2/R2 for Battlefield. Hopefully this may push Xbone to do the same. I'm not a fan of the triggers on either controller, and much prefer the bumper buttons (L1 & R1 on PS4).

I'd say much like mp3 playback, it was just pretty low on the list of things to do.

I've never really had a prblem with the triggers, but I know a lot of people who play multiplayer would prefer to use the shoulder buttons to make it more precise so I guess the remapping will be a big deal.

I just want them to work on a way to switch off the light bar in the DS4. A fifty quid controller, and I'm still having to cover it in duct tape.

I'd say much like mp3 playback, it was just pretty low on the list of things to do.

I've never really had a prblem with the triggers, but I know a lot of people who play multiplayer would prefer to use the shoulder buttons to make it more precise so I guess the remapping will be a big deal.

I just want them to work on a way to switch off the light bar in the DS4. A fifty quid controller, and I'm still having to cover it in duct tape.

You can buy little stickers that cover the bar. Loads on eBay, 3 for £2 and can customise them. Won't hide all the light but will cover the majority of them. The light doesn't bother me but I can see how it can others.

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

You can buy little stickers that cover the bar. Loads on eBay, 3 for £2 and can customise them. Won't hide all the light but will cover the majority of them. The light doesn't bother me but I can see how it can others.

c4b454ffc12917107fba989bd7f62fe7.jpg

The first time I got chased by the police in GTA IV I shit a brick, the light bar flashes like a siren.

• Upvote 1

Anyone seen any remotely good deals on this? Missed the one Argos had a few weeks ago which was the console and two games for three ton, now nowhere is offering one anywhere near as good. Been biding my time hoping a similar deal will come along but the cheapest I've seen is a new console for £290. I'd even take a refurb or second hand one if it came with a twelve month warranty.

Anyone seen any remotely good deals on this? Missed the one Argos had a few weeks ago which was the console and two games for three ton, now nowhere is offering one anywhere near as good. Been biding my time hoping a similar deal will come along but the cheapest I've seen is a new console for £290. I'd even take a refurb or second hand one if it came with a twelve month warranty.

b84b6dd4811b9a20d76ee3f58d3e6a08.jpg

£329 tomorrow that one starts.

I was hoping the new Battlefield was going to be mega but apparently it's only good so I can justify forking over the money for that and an online subscription. Don't want to play full-price for Bloodborne either as I dunno if I have the time or patience for it right now. 

Looks like I wont be buying a new game on release until the next MGS. 

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps4-with-code-delivered-266-95-25-points-enough-for-a-game-simply-games-via-rakuten-2171993

Great deal if you're looking for a PS4:

PS4 standalone offer with DPD delivery

You also get £25 of points with the purchase as part of the 25 points per £ offer

Code is MARCHSALEDAY1

• 2 weeks later...

Bloodborne is amazing in case you are still deciding. Deserves its own thread.

Once I have finished dying light I will get it. It's still full price as well and I begrudge paying £50 for a game that'll be half of that in a few months.