Quantcast
What's your favourite type of bus? - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Guest ShoePiss
Double decker, Leyland Atlantean in Ribble fleet guise. Never kind of looked right with Liverpool Corporation as I think they used Park Royal bodies. Fucking ace bus from the early 60's (actually entered service in 1959). Radical design for the time with the engine at the back and semi automatic gearbox.

Single decker, has to be the Leyland Tiger Cub. Rough as a bear's arse with a funky front!

This post has to be read in the voice of Alan Partridge.

Oh and bangbus.

22payne.jpg

"Pop quiz, hotshots. What's your favourite type of bus?"

[YOUTUBE]aIaIW4MiNG0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

I really liked the ones with the open back door that you could hope off when it turned near your house and so had slowed down enough. Great they were.

... or run after when you're pissed, like I did, catch it... slip, and then slide down the pole and gash a shin.

its more my arl fella's interest but now and again we'll go and have a look round the museum in Birkenhead.

last summer we did a real ale beer tour from the Merseyside transport museum in Burscough, the classic bus pics you up from Ormskirk station then onto the Heatons bridge, Farmers arms and a couple of others cant remember the names of, free to go on, you can manage a pint or 2 before the next bus comes to take you to the next pub. 4 pubs in all and they had 3 old busses going, one was an open top one.

I think they do one that goes in and around town too but havent been on that.

theres a good similar one in StHelens too that takes you on a bit of a tour, my dad loves them he could tell you all the boring details of each one but I just like having a go on them. definatley recommend.

IMGP9016_zps1b95d499.jpg

IMGP9023_zpsc3316f64.jpg

[YOUTUBE]KwyCoQuhUNA[/YOUTUBE]

i would have no reservations sending my kids to school on this bad boy.

but my favorite is a 1971, 9 seater Type 2 original paint vw microbus, like mine...

IMG_6544JPG.jpg

cant find a pic of his bus but got one of his Beetle that he restored and then later traded it for a VW bus, I helped him a little on it at weekends, me sat inside, taken about 13 years ago.

r_tims_beetle.jpg

miss the double decker busses. 61 to the strand.

dont see them in Liverpool as much these days, Manchester has them, had to spend some time there last year and the bus service was good and cheap, even have a free service that goes round the city centre.

saying that I hardly ever get the bus these days in Liverpool.