You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Liverpool fan wouldn't love him?

Oh there will be some miserable killjoy pricks out there that dont.

Seen comment sections online with people claiming to be Liverpool fans sticking the boot into him so they do exist.

It will be a sad day when he leaves, hopefully it will be years down the line and going by what he says it will be, he clearly has a connection with the club.

It's an absolute privilege to watch him play football. I was surprised one of the elite teams didn't test our resolve in the summer, but I think it borders on impossible to think that they won't come calling this year. I am willing to take Luis at his word, there are very few players that warrant even that, but when we don't get top 4 and a £40m offer comes in, I am not confident we will stand firm.

I don't understand why people think we would accept £40m (unless he has a clause, that is).

He is undoubtedly a better player than Torres was when he left. He is the best player in the league, which Torres wasn't when he left. He will be coveted by not only Chelsea and Man City (like Torres), but Barcelona, Madrid, PSG and Bayern.

If somebody seriously wanted him this summer, I'd hope we would ask for nothing less than £60m+. And then when somebody offers it, I hope we tell them to fuck right off.

No one in Spain has any fucking money so him moving isn't going to happen anytime soon because I can only really see him going to Barca or Real next. Bayern is an option but its colder then a woman's heart in winter and after living in Holland and Liverpool you deserve a bit of sunshine on your back.

That's a surprisingly good article for the Daily Fail.

As much as I think he's an honest and genuine fella I take most things footballers say with a pinch of salt.

But there are a couple of good things going for us here regarding luis,one is that his daughter's development is happening here and now and that's a big pull for a family man as he will want stability in his life for now at least.

The second thing is that I think he would only move to Barcelona other than us as his wife's family has settled there but they won't buy him as they don't have the money at present and to support him and Messi at the same time would cause big financial problems and maybe some problems in other areas.

This is just my opinion but I think if we improve enough he could give us another couple of years at least.

That is a daft clause, only £40million with the way transfers go?

Regarding money in Spain, if Ladyboy moved on, that would free up a lot of cash.

I would love for him to stay as I agree, only Messi and Ronaldo are ahead of him in creativity, perhaps throw Iniesta & Xavi in but they are different type of players.

He will be enquired about, he is a strong contender for Player of the Year in the Best "cough" league in the word.