You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Out of date food.

Guest San Don

Guest San Don

My missus is fucking paranoid about out of date food. she goes through the cabinet and chucks out anything that has reached its sell by date.

Just noticed she put a couple of chocolate muffin type things out for chucking away. They are individually wrapped and have the sell by date of 24 december 2012. just eaten two of the fuckers and..................... Im still here! More than that, they tasted fresh.

Fuck that 3rd one is looking tempting!

My missus is fucking paranoid about out of date food. she goes through the cabinet and chucks out anything that has reached its sell by date.

Just noticed she put a couple of chocolate muffin type things out for chucking away. They are individually wrapped and have the sell by date of 24 december 2012. just eaten two of the fuckers and..................... Im still here! More than that, they tasted fresh.

Give it time & hopefully the food poisoning will to kick in,and you'll suffer like fuck.

You have a Mrs? Just goes to show that there is someone out there for everyone. Even if you are a massive, gigantic, humongous, gargantuan tool.

Give it time & hopefully the food poisoning will to kick in' date='and you'll suffer like fuck.

You have a Mrs? Just goes to show that there is someone out there for everyone. Even if you are a massive, gigantic, humongous, gargantuan tool.[/quote']

I sense a problem here. Care to elaborate? Did an apple turnover bust your guts or something? Or did an out of date pack of quavers give you the shits?

Give it time & hopefully the food poisoning will to kick in,and you'll suffer like fuck.

You have a Mrs? Just goes to show that there is someone out there for everyone. Even if you are a massive, gigantic, humongous, gargantuan tool.

ER, what ?? for a start you can't get food poisening off a muffin or chocolate you absolute melt. What's with the abuse ?, is this some sort of joke bewteeen yourselves ?? if not get a a fucking grip you sad act.

We had a thread on this before, it's a disgrace the amount of food we waste.

Just use common sense.

Do people have these food waste bins? I used to think we didnt put much out but its been a bit of an eye opener how much goes out each week

It's a complete false economy, most of the stuff has to be eaten that day or at latest the next as it's all pretty perishable.

Or lob it in the freezer. I got 10 packs of smoked salmon from asda for 10p each as they were due that day.

Meat and bread can be frozen and fish too. Got some really good deals in the past and dined like a king for the price of a pauper

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I'm a fucker for use by and best before dates. I don't throw food away though because my good lady is actually fairly normal (in this situation).

It's mainly bread that I'm fussy about, and all because when I was a bid I made myself a sandwich and a few bites into it I spotted the mould and very nearly threw up. Oh and milk... won't touch it if it's a day past the date, and once again that's down to a previous nasty experience.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it' date=' but I'm a fucker for use by and best before dates. I don't throw food away though because my good lady is actually fairly normal (in this situation).

It's mainly bread that I'm fussy about, and all because when I was a bid I made myself a sandwich and a few bites into it I spotted the mould and very nearly threw up. Oh and milk... won't touch it if it's a day past the date, and once again that's down to a previous nasty experience.[/quote']

Milk? I've had milk about 10 days past the date.

That said, it is grim when you throw it in a brew and it's off and it curdles.

Milk? I've had milk about 10 days past the date.

That said, it is grim when you throw it in a brew and it's off and it curdles.

That's what concerns me more. Why does it last so long? And mass produced bread. If you make your own it goes mouldy in a couple of days

Guest davelfc

There are a lot of preservatives and chemicals in food these days. The trouble is the usual food you might expect to last a long time doesn't seem to any more.

The 'Hoarder Next Door' Christmas special on channel 4 a few weeks back was the woman next door but one to my dad in Runcorn. She had hundreds of tins of food that she wouldn't throw out. They lined them all up on the back wall and said "Look, you've got 34 tins of peas there, let's throw some away. How about these ones? They're six years out of date."

She said "No. No way. I ate a tin of meat yesterday that was ten years out of date. It was fine."

The dirty bitch.

Guest davelfc

The food we got in ration packs was ancient, yet it was still ok to eat. I believe tinned or vacuum packed food loses it's taste rather than becomes unhealthy. Although obviously it would become unhealthy in the end.

The mars bars we got in ration packs were white, well the surface of the chocolate was white as they were that old. They tasted awful, but were deemed fit to eat.

I'm not that bothered by sell by, use by dates. But certain food I won't keep too long, like cooked or raw meats and mayonnaise after a nasty experience years ago.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

If you only knew the environment your cake was produced in, you would think thrice about eating the mouse piss, urine fingered, dropped on the floor choccy muffin you're eating.

Cook your own or take your chances with food prepared by a Simon.

Guest San Don
If you only knew the environment your cake was produced in, you would think thrice about eating the mouse piss, urine fingered, dropped on the floor choccy muffin you're eating.

Cook your own or take your chances with food prepared by a Simon.

LOL! You aint seen my missus' cakes!

At work we have a very large office, takes a full minute to walk the other side and to the Kitchen, so we set up a tea trolley for the night. The amount of winging we have got from drama queen day shift women about the milk going room temperature for a couple hours is ludicrous. Apparently it's dangerous to be that warm for a couple hours. Seemed to be fine when it was in the Cow!