You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England or France for me, that game will be the decider.

This is easily the best England team since 2003 and they will get better every game.

They were a bit rusty today but they will improve and want to score tries.

Lioins selection should be very interesting as well, reckon at least 50% of the starting 11 will be English

I thought France would be the team to beat this year but yet again they are their own worst enemies. What is it with French coaches and stupid picks. No Parra, Michelak at FH and Fofana pushed out to the wing for the pedestrian Mermoz and Fritz.

Italy though showed yet again they are improving as a test nation. They'll give everyone a real game at home. I hope they go on to win 2 or 3 game this season and finally become a genuine top test nation. No reason why they cannot.

England or France for me, that game will be the decider.

This is easily the best England team since 2003 and they will get better every game.

They were a bit rusty today but they will improve and want to score tries.

Lioins selection should be very interesting as well, reckon at least 50% of the starting 11 will be English

You're mental, right?

I thought France would be the team to beat this year but yet again they are their own worst enemies. What is it with French coaches and stupid picks. No Parra' date=' Michelak at FH and Fofana pushed out to the wing for the pedestrian Mermoz and Fritz.

Italy though showed yet again they are improving as a test nation. They'll give everyone a real game at home. I hope they go on to win 2 or 3 game this season and finally become a genuine top test nation. No reason why they cannot.[/quote']

That Orquera might help them along: they've had a solid pack for a while now, and some half decent movement from the backs but no real creativity and metronomic kicking from 10 since Dominguez (and they were nowhere near as strong a team when he was active). How they kick on from here will be interesting.

Only saw the first 25 minutes or so, but from that I agree with you on France's selection.

And I don't see 50% of the starting line up being English either.

It might be, but I think there are very few certainties in the XV (if any), so impossible to say.

Might help.

And I don't see 50% of the starting line up being English either.

I don't see there being any dominant representation. Regardless of 6 nation form it will be a hell of a strong squad which should beat Australia 3-0.

At present I could not pick one definite Lions XI starter. Which can only be a good thing.

At present I could not pick one definite Lions XI starter. Which can only be a good thing.

I actually think it is more of a bad thing, as this squad is going to have a lot of good players but very few great ones, compared to the sides in the past.

I don't see there being any dominant representation. Regardless of 6 nation form it will be a hell of a strong squad which should beat Australia 3-0.

Maybe not 3-0 but they are definately clear favourites for me.

Maybe not 3-0 but they are definately clear favourites for me.

Australia are easily the weakest of the southern nations imo. A couple of years ago they had a wonderful exciting backline but majority of those players have lost form mainly due to injuries.

The Lions should dominate every aspect of the game even taking into consideration lack of playing together.

Australia are easily the weakest of the southern nations imo. A couple of years ago they had a wonderful exciting backline but majority of those players have lost form mainly due to injuries.

The Lions should dominate every aspect of the game even taking into consideration lack of playing together.

I agree with all of that mate, just think 3-0 might be a bit too much to expect.

I'd be seriously pissed off if we didn't win the series.

I agree with all of that mate, just think 3-0 might be a bit too much to expect.

I'd be seriously pissed off if we didn't win the series.

I think there's a possibility the tour teams could win every single game such is the strength of depth.

& despite Englands good performance against Scotland I still think the omission of Armitage is ridiculous. Tom Wood is a quality player but Armitage is just ridiculous. Ireland also need to put O'Brien back at 6 as he isn't a 7.