You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales were better the first half as well LFD what are you going on about? England didn't pose any threat whatsoever, they just sat back and allowed Wales to attack. Had it not been for Englands well organised defence we'd have won by more.

I can't remember any real bad calls being made by the ref, I'm sure there were one or two but you're being very bitter if you think he robbed you from anything.

Wales were marginally better in the first half and they rightly took a narrow lead at half time.

One or two bad calls? Haha, what a load of shit, it was ever scrum!

I'm not bitter, I said I didn't really think England were good enough for the grand slam and didn't mind them losing. I can't stand that ref though and he made it look like a thrashing and it really shouldn't have been had he been fair!

There were a couple of occasions where I thought the England front row were collapsing the scrum but only a couple. It mattered very little on the outcome of the day.

I don't think it would have affected who won the game. It massive effected the margin of victory.

Im back from a weekend on the sauce in Cardiff.

What a waste of time the match was. I was slightly bevvied, but i could not believe the noise. Fair fucks to the Welsh - they created an immense atmosphere, and i think that lifted the team, and deflated the English lads. Still made up i was there, even for an England fan watching the biggest defeat in history between the sides.

Ref seemed a cunt. Anyone got anything to add on this?

Cardiff before and after the match was unreal, and some of the birds were breathtaking. I wish i could lend you my memory so you could see for yourselves. Welsh lasses have some big ol' titties, and they love wearing absolutely fuck all - even on a day as wet and crap as yesterday was. Fair play to that as well.

All in all, shit result - but a boss weekend.

Im back from a weekend on the sauce in Cardiff.

What a waste of time the match was. I was slightly bevvied, but i could not believe the noise. Fair fucks to the Welsh - they created an immense atmosphere, and i think that lifted the team, and deflated the English lads. Still made up i was there, even for an England fan watching the biggest defeat in history between the sides.

Ref seemed a cunt. Anyone got anything to add on this?

Cardiff before and after the match was unreal, and some of the birds were breathtaking. I wish i could lend you my memory so you could see for yourselves. Welsh lasses have some big ol' titties, and they love wearing absolutely fuck all - even on a day as wet and crap as yesterday was. Fair play to that as well.

All in all, shit result - but a boss weekend.

Brilliant stadium too.

Brilliant stadium too.

It really is. I've been to new Wembley and as good as that is - the Millennium stadium beats it hands down.

Being there with the roof closed too was just a surreal experience. I don't know how the atmosphere seemed on the TV but it was amazing in the stadium.

It really is. I've been to new Wembley and as good as that is - the Millennium stadium beats it hands down.

Being there with the roof closed too was just a surreal experience. I don't know how the atmosphere seemed on the TV but it was amazing in the stadium.

Yeah it is much better than Wembley and cost far less.

It's the best stadium in the country by a mile. Posted this last night after watching the highlights, don't worry mate you could pick up the atmosphere alright.

UEFA 5* star rating

74,500 capacity

£190m to build (with an agreed build cost contract rumoured to be £114 - £121m)

Easy scope for the Kop to be encorporated

124 hospitality suites

Deduct the cost of the retractable roof

MillenniumStadium_thumb.jpg

Millennium+Stadium+Cardiff+Olympic+venue+GB+vs+Korea.jpg

Glanmor

We've spent a third of the construction costs of the Millenium on fucking drawings!

Construction costs have gone through the roof since it was built tho mate.

The Riverside in Middlesboro cost about £35m.

I've worked on the Worcester Arena, which will be the Worcester Wolves basketball team's new home stadium from next season. Rumours on site are its cost £19m to build. It seats 3,000.

We've waited too long to get this sorted, now we are going to pay a fortune.

Shite owners after shite owners to blame there.

Construction costs have gone through the roof since it was built tho mate.

The Riverside in Middlesboro cost about £35m.

I've worked on the Worcester Arena, which will be the Worcester Wolves basketball team's new home stadium from next season. Rumours on site are its cost £19m to build. It seats 3,000.

We've waited too long to get this sorted, now we are going to pay a fortune.

Shite owners after shite owners to blame there.

I said on the *f I'm not blaming the current lot but a third of the construction costs on drawings.

Think about it and it's enough to make you cry.

The first half was. The second half Wales were the better side.

But the ref absolutely fucked England. There was loads of scrums in the match and England got penalised almost every time. They had no chance.

I think Wales would have won anyway, I said that before the match. But by that margin? No chance!

I think if you ask any scrummaging expert then they'd say most of those calls were fair penalties. Brian Moore was bemoaning England's lack of street smarts and Phil Vickery had very little to say other than praise for the Welsh tight 5.

We were just physically dominated. Can't have sour grapes about that. Look at the experience in the welsh pack and compare it to England. Of course they were gonna fucking destroy us.

I think if you ask any scrummaging expert then they'd say most of those calls were fair penalties. Brian Moore was bemoaning England's lack of street smarts and Phil Vickery had very little to say other than praise for the Welsh tight 5.

We were just physically dominated. Can't have sour grapes about that. Look at the experience in the welsh pack and compare it to England. Of course they were gonna fucking destroy us.

The scrum goes together, it will either collapse or players pop up. It is almost impossible to judge who is to blame on most of them.

Although the ref judged England were at fault for all of them. It was a load of shite.

Anyway that's the last I am commenting on it as I am trying to forget that ref, he makes me angry!

I've just read through most of the comments, so here's my twopenneth worth.

Biased commentary - Hmm, we've had to put up with Brian "twatface" Moore for years, being his smug self and saying that England should have had this decision or that decision, so get over it. Every programme, we have to put up with John "impartial" Inverdale, creaming his pants over every aspect of the English game, even when they aren't playing!!!! Jonathan Davies has every right to be pleased after that victory and to see him smiling after the game was a sight to behold, especially as Woodward, Guscott and Inverdale, couldn't bare the fact that Wales had just played England off the park

The Referee - Walsh called it as he saw it. I played prop at school, many years ago, and the scrum is unrecognisable from what I remember playing. Saying that, at most scrums, the front 3 of Wales, took the English front 3 apart. Cole was made to look what he is, average, and they buckled under the pressure. The scrums are farcical these days as many have suggested, but I wouldn't want to lose them as they give a good indicator of where the power lies and on the day, Wales were just too strong.

We all have referees that give bad calls, Rolland's red card in the World Cup, Joubert is a cock, but the Welsh nemesis for years has been Wayne Barnes. We never get a decision from him. And lets face it, England have had their fair share of "homer" decisions over the years. So to complain about Walsh giving everything our way, just seems like sour grapes.

The match itself though, I didn't watch it until Sunday afternoon, but thought the first half was fairly even, with Wales dominating upfront but the English defence stood firm. Obviously the turning point was the first try and it gave the Welsh team the belief that they could win. The Welsh backline was immense, Tipuric was outstanding, and he probably cemented his seat on the Lions tour. Warburton seems to be returning to form once again, and the return of Wyn Jones has been a key part of the last few matches. If Wales could learn to win a higher percentage of their line out ball, then we'd challenge the southern hemisphere teams, until that time, we will always fall short.

The Robshaw debate is an interesting one, but he does seem quite limited in his play. He gives his all and is powerful, but doesn't seem to have the guile to be considered a truly world class player, and is a Lions test team sub at best, captaincy, no chance at all.

Some of the reports in yesterdays press about the Lions test team are just absurd, with there being a heavily English biased team. Cole is nowhere near the level of Adam Jones and would anyone pick Tuilagi with his decison making skills? I can't remember who it was on here who said this, but England have lacked a ball player since Greenwood retired and it was evident yesterday. Two times they had a chance to score a try and their decision making skills were just very, very poor. They are still a young side, and will get better but they need more guile and finesse. Ashton is already living off one try a few years ago, and should be nowhere near the Lions squad.

Like most on here, I can't wait for the Lions tour and I'm sure that Gatland will pick his best 15, but we all know that he'll pick players that he knows and trusts. The captaincy is a massive thing, so I'll stick my neck out now and say that Alan Wyn Jones will be captain and despite the Irish results, the squad will be heavily Celtic influenced.

The scrums are farcical these days as many have suggested, but I wouldn't want to lose them as they give a good indicator of where the power lies and on the day, Wales were just too strong.

I don't agree with that.

But I think the problem is everyone knows they are farcical and almost impossible to judge who is at fault when it collapses.

However they also can't really get rid of them or have non contested scrums, as props would then be not needed and you'd see teams having second rows as props instead.

I don't agree with that.

But I think the problem is everyone knows they are farcical and almost impossible to judge who is at fault when it collapses.

However they also can't really get rid of them or have non contested scrums, as props would then be not needed and you'd see teams having second rows as props instead.

Most matches seem to be won by the front 5, and the scrums dictate that passage of play. If you look at Saturday, Wales dominated that area, and you can see Phillips being the ringmaster from there and that confidence then ran through the rest of the team.

I think the rules need to be heavily reviewed though as there have been many times when I've been baffled by a decision as to who has collapsed the scrum. As you say, it seems impossible to judge these days, but what's the solution? You can see from rugby league what non-contested scrums are like and I wouldn't like to see that in union.

A mate has just found this on ebay, any English buying one?? Canterbury England 2013 Grand Slam Winners S/S | eBay

Edited by mrw74
Forgot link

I think the rules need to be heavily reviewed though as there have been many times when I've been baffled by a decision as to who has collapsed the scrum. As you say, it seems impossible to judge these days, but what's the solution? You can see from rugby league what non-contested scrums are like and I wouldn't like to see that in union.

I honestly don't know what the solution is, it is a tricky one.

I don't remember. I think we called it Knock knock ginger now you've said that.

it was just always knock n run for us. one of my favourite games as a kid. that and donkey derby through peoples gardens. great days.

quite often if i'm with a few mates and we are walking back from the pub or whatever i find myself banging on someones door and fucking legging it.

i'm 29.

knock n run tourettes.

The scrum goes together, it will either collapse or players pop up. It is almost impossible to judge who is to blame on most of them.

Although the ref judged England were at fault for all of them. It was a load of shite.

Anyway that's the last I am commenting on it as I am trying to forget that ref, he makes me angry!

So what you are saying LFD is that you are right and Phil Vickery and Brian Moore are wrong. Have you ever considered the possibility that you are completely wrong? The welsh tight five destroyed the english tight five and the front row were dismantled. Brian Moore pointed out in commentary several times the reason for the ref correctly awarding Wales so many penalties. You claim that 'no one knows what is going on' when it is in fact you that doesn't know whats going on.

Anyway, well done Wales, thoroughly deserved win and, as any englishman with balls will admit, a fair scoreline.

So what you are saying LFD is that you are right and Phil Vickery and Brian Moore are wrong. Have you ever considered the possibility that you are completely wrong? The welsh tight five destroyed the english tight five and the front row were dismantled. Brian Moore pointed out in commentary several times the reason for the ref correctly awarding Wales so many penalties. You claim that 'no one knows what is going on' when it is in fact you that doesn't know whats going on.

Anyway, well done Wales, thoroughly deserved win and, as any englishman with balls will admit, a fair scoreline.

I might be wrong, but it is my opinion.

Moore and Vickery were both in the front three. They wouldn't want to see scrums banished as they made careers as a result of them and will defend them. Although I'm sure I heard Moore the other day saying scrums were a complete farce and no one knows what is going on with them.

Just because they played at the highest level, doesn't mean they are right. The same goes for football pundits and we know how wrong they can be.

Wales did deserve to win, I just think the margin flattered them because of the ref.

Just catching up with the highlights from the weekend as I missed all the live action. I must say that I think this has been a great tournament overall, very open with the usual whipping boys Scotland and Italy doing well, 2 of the top teams in recent years struggling and a winner takes all showdown on the last weekend. Hopefully this can be the springboard for more competitive championships in the coming years, and of course, it can only be of benefit for the Lions in summer.

Team of the tournament, as selected by Bryn Palmer BBC Sport

15 - Halfpenny

14 - Cuthbert

13 - Tuliagi

12 - Fofana

11 - North

10 - Farrell

9 - Phillips

8- Picamoles

7 - Robshaw

6 - Zanni

5 - Evans

4 - Launchbury

3 - Jones

2 - Hibbard

1 - Jenkins

15 - Halfpenny

14 - Cuthbert

13 - Tuliagi

12 - Fofana

11 - North

10 - Farrell

9 - Phillips

8- Picamoles

7 - Robshaw

6 - Zanni

5 - Evans

4 - Launchbury

3 - Jones

2 - Hibbard

1 - Jenkins

I find selections like this one staggering. Ultimately, the tournament came down to one game. In that game, both Farrell and Tuilagi were absolutely appalling yet have been named in this team of the tournament. Utterly bizarre. Dan Biggar was comfortably the number 10 of the tournament.

15 - Halfpenny

14 - Cuthbert

13 - Tuliagi

12 - Fofana

11 - North

10 - Farrell

9 - Phillips

8- Picamoles

7 - Robshaw

6 - Zanni

5 - Evans

4 - Launchbury

3 - Jones

2 - Hibbard

1 - Jenkins

I think that is about right.

Not sure about Philips at scrum half, but can't think of anyone better. Probably the best of a poor bunch.