You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think there's a possibility the tour teams could win every single game such is the strength of depth.

& despite Englands good performance against Scotland I still think the omission of Armitage is ridiculous. Tom Wood is a quality player but Armitage is just ridiculous. Ireland also need to put O'Brien back at 6 as he isn't a 7.

He really reminds me of an Ian McGeechan Lions player. I can still see him having a massive impact on the tour.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play Manu at 12 if you must but BOD must start if fit. There is simply no better 13 available defensively and in terms of creativity. Plus Manu is a decent bosh merchant and would form an impenetrable 10/12 channel with sexton.

What we learned the round:

Dan Cole has no.3 locked out. That guy is a hell of a technical player.

It is now obvious to all that Hartley is a shithouse cunt, finally!

Warburton shouldn't be starting( not that we all didn't know this). He also shouldn't get anywhere near the lions captaincy

Ben Youngs has one hand on the 9

Hogg should travel.

As for the captaincy for me it has to be a garunteed starter every test, who is consistent in every game and offers more around the field than just their positional duties.

Step foreward Rory Best.

I would put a bet on Halfpenny starting at 15 for the Lions.

It took quite a lot of beer, and a fine set from High on Fire on Saturday night, for me to calm down after the Wales game. Too many players being picked on past reputation, I'm looking at you Jamie Roberts, and on current form, despite obvious bias from Gatland, I cant see many Welsh starters in the Lions team.

Play Manu at 12 if you must but BOD must start if fit. There is simply no better 13 available defensively and in terms of creativity. Plus Manu is a decent bosh merchant and would form an impenetrable 10/12 channel with sexton.

What we learned the round:

Dan Cole has no.3 locked out. That guy is a hell of a technical player.

It is now obvious to all that Hartley is a shithouse cunt, finally!

Warburton shouldn't be starting( not that we all didn't know this). He also shouldn't get anywhere near the lions captaincy

Ben Youngs has one hand on the 9

Hogg should travel.

As for the captaincy for me it has to be a garunteed starter every test, who is consistent in every game and offers more around the field than just their positional duties.

Step foreward Rory Best.

Agree with all that, except about Best.

Dallaglio also said he wouldn't be surprised if someone like Shaw travelled. He probably won't make the starting XV, but he is a good traveller, would bring experience, he knows Gatland and he can play in the mid week team.

I think Gatland might select a lot of the player in France. Even Sheridan might go.

Wales struggling in the rankings:

1(1) NEW ZEALAND 90.08

2(2) SOUTH AFRICA 86.94

3(3) AUSTRALIA 86.87

4(5) ENGLAND 83.90

5(4) FRANCE 83.49

6(6) IRELAND 81.33

7(7) SAMOA 78.71

8(8) ARGENTINA 78.71

9(10) ITALY 77.82

10(9) WALES 77.27

11(11) TONGA 76.10

12(12) SCOTLAND 75.83

13(13) FIJI 71.52

14(14) CANADA 71.41

15(15) JAPAN 70.09

16(16) USA 68.32

International Rugby Board - World Rankings: Full world rankings

I was at the Wales-Ireland game on Saturday and I couldn't believe how flat it was. It just didn't feel like the opening game of a six nations at all. I wasn't very hopeful of a Wales victory beforehand but I wasn't expecting that first half performance. Some of the basic errors were shockingly bad. The night out after was a hell of a lot better than the game anyway.

My lions selection as it stands after week 1 of the 6N:

LHP - Healy

HK - Best

THP - Cole

SR - Gray

SR - Ryan

BSF - Obrien

OSF - Tipuric/Robshaw

N8 - Heaslip

SH - Youngs

FH - Sexton

IC - Manu

OC - O'Driscoll

LW - North/Bowe

RW - Ashton/halfpenny

FB -Kearney

My lions selection as it stands after week 1 of the 6N:

LHP - Healy

HK - Best

THP - Cole

SR - Gray

SR - Ryan

BSF - Obrien

OSF - Tipuric/Robshaw

N8 - Heaslip

SH - Youngs

FH - Sexton

IC - Manu

OC - O'Driscoll

LW - North/Bowe

RW - Ashton/halfpenny

FB -Kearney

This! With perhaps the change of Zebo in at 11 if current rate of improvement continues.

Agree with this.

A Welsh coach guarantees there is no chance of a 50% English starting line up.

Not that I think there should be mind.

Welsh, what do you think is ridiculous about this post mate?

There won't be a 50% English starting line up and nor should there be in my opinion.

Do you seriously think Lions coaches don't slightly favour players they know and have previously worked with?

I expect Lydiate and Alan Wyn to be knocking on the test team door once fit. Warburton will be the headline casualty. Would not be surprised to see Wilkinson sneak onto the plane.

Agree with the comments above re - the atmosphere in the Millennium in the first half. It was like a morgue even before we self imploded.

Welsh, what do you think is ridiculous about this post mate?

There won't be a 50% English starting line up and nor should there be in my opinion.

Do you seriously think Lions coaches don't slightly favour players they know and have previously worked with?

I didn't see Nick's initial post of him saying there would be a 50% reply as I skip all of Nicks posts.

This is my bad, as I have since read the conversation between yourself, Nick & LFD.

I'll be repping you when I'm next on spread mate, apologies.

I expect Lydiate and Alan Wyn to be knocking on the test team door once fit. Warburton will be the headline casualty. Would not be surprised to see Wilkinson sneak onto the plane.

I think that comment is bang on the money. Lydiate was player of the tournament last year and if, and its a big if, he recovers from his injury in time, he will be in the starting 15. Gatland knows and trusts him. Warburton is definitely in danger of being left out as his form is just woeful at the moment.