You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

North Korea gettin' all Gangnam up in this bitch.

Unrighteous

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

If you look back to the opening post of the thread this is about North Korea’s nuclear testing, which it has always been quite feisty about.

The song, Gangnam Style, is about a South Korean falling for a woman on a subway train and getting all excited and prancing around on a pretend invisible horse to show how excited he is.

One can, therefore, extrapolate, that the thread title alludes to North Korea getting all excited about it’s nuclear testing. You may now rest easy and enjoy the thread.

And we get James Blunt crying about notching some girl up on the tube. Fuck all this. Dave. 

• 1 month later...

I like him, I can't deny it, it's a Sloth love Chunk kind of scenario. How can you not like someone who has his top general executed with an anti aircraft gun for falling asleep during a meeting? 

He'd have been one of those spoiled but unloved kids. Tea never on the table after school but loads of brand new trainers in the wardrobe. He'd be one of the first to have a Sega Mega Drive and you'd go around for a game, he'd be a bit quiet and inherently suspicious but would open up as the evening went on, then when it was time for you to go home he'd start crying even though he's 14. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I like him, I can't deny it, it's a Sloth love Chunk kind of scenario. How can you not like someone who has his top general executed with an anti aircraft gun for falling asleep during a meeting? 

He'd have been one of those spoiled but unloved kids. Tea never on the table after school but loads of brand new trainers in the wardrobe. He'd be one of the first to have a Sega Mega Drive and you'd go around for a game, he'd be a bit quiet and inherently suspicious but would open up as the evening went on, then when it was time for you to go home he'd start crying even though he's 14. 

He is a living breathing Bond villain 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He is a living breathing Bond villain 

Nah he's not particularly good at anything except firing rockets into the sea and killing his own generals. I could do that with my hands tied behind my back if I had the correct parentage. 

Elon Musk is your Bond villain. 

• 3 months later...

Soz...

North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un has issued a rare personal apology for the killing of a South Korean official, Seoul says.

Mr Kim reportedly told South Korean leader Moon Jae-in that the "disgraceful affair" should not have happened.

South Korea has said the 47-year-old man was found by troops floating in the North's waters.

He was then shot dead and his body was set alight, according to Seoul.

It is not known what the man was doing there. The South Korean government has said he may have been trying to defect to the North but his family has denied this.

The killing - the first of a South Korean citizen by North Korean forces for a decade - has caused outrage in the South.

The border between the Koreas is tightly policed, and the North is thought to have a "shoot-to-kill" policy in place to prevent coronavirus from entering the country.

• 4 months later...

A ride for a ride? I’ll bet the Secret Service agents had kittens. Imagine landing Air Force One in North Korea and getting taken hostage.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-56118936

Trump's second summit with Kim Jong-un, in Hanoi, Vietnam, did not go to plan. As negotiations over North Korea's nuclear programme broke down, Trump left abruptly, saying to the press: "Sometimes you just have to walk."

But before he departed, the then US president did make one astonishing offer to Kim. 

Matthew Pottinger, the top Asia expert on Trump's National Security Council told us: "President Trump offered Kim a lift home on Air Force One. The president knew that Kim had arrived on a multi-day train ride through China into Hanoi and the president said: 'I can get you home in two hours if you want.' Kim declined."

• Upvote 1

Cool, I'd like to have a go on this- https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/26/russian-diplomats-leave-north-korea-on-hand-powered-rail-trolley

In normal times, most diplomats can expect to end a foreign posting with an official – if not always fond – farewell from their hosts and a comfortable journey back to their native country.

But for one group of Russian envoys and their families, the coronavirus pandemic meant there was only one way home – under their own steam on a hand-pushed rail trolley.

A video clip shows some members of the group smiling and shouting for the camera as they push the trolley over the a bridge spanning the Tumen river, which divides North Korea and Russia.

A still image captures the trolley, loaded down with suitcases, as it makes it way through the wintry North Korean countryside.

A more conventional exit from North Korea has not been possible since the country closed its land borders and banned international air travel early on in the pandemic.

The country continues to insist – to widespread scepticism – that it has not recorded a single case of Covid-19, although it has reportedly quarantined tens of thousands of people in an attempt to prevent an outbreak.

“Since the borders have been closed for more than a year and passenger traffic has been stopped, it took a long and difficult journey to get home,” Russia’s foreign ministry said in a post on social media.

The group of eight, including a three-year-old child, travelled 32 hours by train and two hours by bus from the North Korean capital Pyongyang to reach the Russian border on Thursday, the foreign ministry added.

The ministry name-checked the embassy’s third secretary, Vladislav Sorokin, as the trolley’s “engine” after he pushed it for more than a kilometre.

The group used the trolley to cover the short, final leg of the journey across the border and were greeted by officials on the Russian side before travelling by bus to Vladivostok airport.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...