You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Cou is the type of player that should be on the pitch to make our best player look world class. Aka Sturridge and Suarez... He shouldn't be our best player on the pitch

Say what!?

Considering Coutinho has little to no movement in front of him, its a bit hard for him to make the killer pass right now.

If Cou is your best player, someone who's a genius but gets between 6-8 goals and 10 assists, than you're struggling to break the top 4

Normally our best player gets 20 plus goals. Torres, Suarez, Gerrard.

A fully fit Sturridge will get 20 goals, and will be our best player. This would make Cou look a much better player

In what way is Coutinho a luxury player? He's one of the hardest working players in the team.

Both he and Lallana are luxury players because their main job is goal and chance creation and neither are doing either at present. All the players are working hard but working hard is what you expect them to do at least. I want to see a lot more quality and end product than either are producing.

I imagine that the manager feels the same.

Does anyone think either Coutinho or Lallana are match fit? They both look about 50/60% to me.

I read somewhere that our players would struggle under Klopp because Rodgers' fitness regime was aimed at them becoming fitter in the second half of the season, but Klopp's was to have them go straight out of the traps.

If Cou is your best player, someone who's a genius but gets between 6-8 goals and 10 assists, than you're struggling to break the top 4

Normally our best player gets 20 plus goals. Torres, Suarez, Gerrard.

A fully fit Sturridge will get 20 goals, and will be our best player. This would make Cou look a much better player

If you're talking about the league those stats you've listed on Coutinho are beyond his career best performance over a season so far.

Coutinho is our best and most talented player by an absolute mile, fair enough he's been utter dog shit lately, he deserves a bit of slack from the fans too, when he's playing shit he doesn't hide, he still wants the ball and has a go. He works very hard for a "luxury" player too.

Whoever said to play him as the midfield 2 is right, he played his best games for us when played deeper with Sterling as the number 10.

Him with a proper DM would probably work, Firmino Sturridge and Henderson would be the 3 I'd play in behind Benteke. Henderson and Firmino doing the wide pressing pinning their full backs right back.

Both he and Lallana are luxury players because their main job is goal and chance creation and neither are doing either at present. All the players are working hard but working hard is what you expect them to do at least. I want to see a lot more quality and end product than either are producing.

I'm sorry, that doesn't make them luxury players.

• Upvote 1

Something ain't right about the boy lately; could be the Barcelona talk, fatigue or any number of factors. Coutinho could be a special player on his day. But he has been inconsistent. Whether he will be able to show his talent on a consistent basis for us only time will tell. My hope is he will stay and thrive under Klopp.

Like this?

Mig

Clyne - Skrtel - Sakho - Moreno

Lucas

Coutinho

Firmino - Sturridge - Henderson

Benteke

Yes, Lucas for now until an upgrade is bought. That team is a hell of a lot better than the one we've had playing recently.

In relation to his Dortmund teams, Lucas would be Bender. Coutinho/Sahin or Gundagun.

Based on that logic all our players are luxury players. After all their job is to win games no?

If they are all luxury players he is by far the most luxurious

I think the frustration with Coutinho at present is because we can see that he is a very talented and skillful player but isnt showing it in recent weeks. Loads of talent but struggling to show it.

Maybe its just a confidence thing and once we win a game or two he will get back into his stride?

No panic needed yet.