You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ashley Williams can go suck a barrel of donkey dicks. Gobshite.

Just so he's clear on instructions, does he suck the entire barrel or does he suck the dicks individually, one at a time?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Is it too early to start writing off next seasons' signings? That fucking [yet unnamed] wanker is so fucking shit. I wish we hadn't got him, his performances have been non-existant.

• Upvote 1

It's a blow.

But maybe it means that Suarez plays deep and Sturridge ahead of him? Excellent.

I'd like to see Alberto as well.

But fuck, what a blow. Thankfully, we're looking at a run of games where we could make a fist of winning even without Coutinho.

Every cloud and all that, it just means that we have to try something new, which might work to our advantage as it seems that 'kick the fuck out of Coutinho' is the stock gameplan for most opposition teams these days.

This a big blow, but shouldnt be a surprise the way Coutinho's been getting beaten on.

After the last match, its clear we need some meat in the central midfield.

I'd like to see Henderson and Lucas as the DMs, and have Suarez, Gerrard, and Moses supporting sturridge.  Alberto can come on for Gerrard or Sturridge after they are knackered.

Is it too early to start writing off next seasons' signings? That fucking [yet unnamed] wanker is so fucking shit. I wish we hadn't got him, his performances have been non-existant.

Its fucking ridiculous, Aspas was fine against Stoke and Villa (as well as having a good pre-season) but struggled against the Mancs (as did Coutinho) and Swansea and he is already shit apparently.

Some of our fans can't wait to draw the knives

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its fucking ridiculous, Aspas was fine against Stoke and Villa (as well as having a good pre-season) but struggled against the Mancs (as did Coutinho) and Swansea and he is already shit apparently.

He really wasn't but lets not that take glow of your specs.

• Downvote 1

How did he manage to get injured in the first place, lets hope he's made of another material than Aurelio.

Massive blow though.

I agree it did not look like there was much of a touch from Williams, but he got injured cause he fell on his shoulder I guess.

Maybe he got injured when he fell

• Downvote 1

I commend your defence of him. Thing is though, it's not the fact that he's been shite the last 2 games. The thing that concerns me is HOW shite he's been. At least when Couts has a bad game he still does some good things & you can still see his quality although some things may not be coming off. Aspas was absolutely shocking v UTD. His touch was fuckin woeful, he couldn't control the simplest of passes, easy getting knocked off the ball. Ditto Swansea. Regardless if how bad a game hes having i just wouldnt expect him to be THAT bad! He looks pretty horrendous to me at the moment. There's still time for him to come good. I just can't see it though.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I must say I thought Aspas seemed fairly promising up to and including the Stoke game, and  as he was learning a slightly new role, and getting used to a new league and environment, I was prepared to be patient with him, and to some extent I still am, but that last performance was really dreadful. God knows what was up with him but he was woefully wimpish.

On at least two occasions , Sturridge had the chance to play him in , in front of goal -  if he'd scored his confidence would be brimming and some of the plebs on here would be singing his praises .

Give him time for fucksake

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On at least two occasions , Sturridge had the chance to play him in , in front of goal - if he'd scored his confidence would be brimming and some of the plebs on here would be singing his praises .

Give him time for fucksake

Yep, small margins and all that. It's no more than a gut feeling (perhaps hope), but I believe there's quite a bit more to Aspas than we've seen of him in a red shirt as yet. Probably not in terms of an automatic starter, top class player who opponents will specially fear, but definitely as an "option", and a good option at that. I'm happy with us making that type of signing - lowish fee and wages for a player who can add something good to our squad, and who if it doesn't happen, will be an easily flushable turd, because loads of mid ranking prem/la liga teams will take him for what we paid, possibly a bit more. I'd only have an issue if he was being presented as a first choice starter, on whom we were substantially relying for goals and match winning performances, which we clearly aren't.

On topic, it's a big blow to lose Phil for six weeks, but it's the first time in a good many seasons I would say that we've lost someone so key, and yet we can still confidently and realistically look at taking most of the points on offer while he's out. We've got good options. I was happy when Moses signed, always thought of him as a very good player at Wigan, and he showed he can do it in a big team with big expectations last year under Benitez. He's also got quite different attributes to all of our other forwards. I think Mourinho was at fault in letting him come here. I'll be very pleased to see Luis at no10 for the next 6 weeks, behind Sturridge, with Moses cutting in from out wide. The days of an injury to Torres meaning reliance on Ngog, Babel or Voronin seem wonderfully distant!