You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

I agree, but we have limited resources and limited appeal. I see your desire for experience, and Rodgers made a great point about it, but who is of required quality, required experience, and would come to us, for an amount we'd pay?

I think it really narrows our options down.

The echo has us pursuing both Ince and Coutinho, which puts about 10-15m on the table. I won't claim to know who we should bring in to play on the left, but Rodgers is paid millions of pounds and has access to a worldwide scouting network precisely to have answers to questions like this. Certainly, the signing of Sturridge has shown that it's possible to get good players who will provide an immediate impact in this transfer window.

Blagger saying the signs are good.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Coutinho is going to be a top performer. Skilfull, can produce magic in a square metre. He's quick but needs to grow as a team player.

Liverpool and Coutinho are hopeful it will happen.The player is very excited about move! Fee close to be agreed but not yet. Hope it happens

Coutinho great talent,certainly worth £10m. And he is quick, special. Will take time to adapt but will offer magic straight away if he comes

Blagger saying the signs are good.

Coutinho is going to be a top performer. Skilfull, can produce magic in a square metre. He's quick but needs to grow as a team player.

Liverpool and Coutinho are hopeful it will happen.The player is very excited about move! Fee close to be agreed but not yet. Hope it happens

Coutinho great talent,certainly worth £10m. And he is quick, special. Will take time to adapt but will offer magic straight away if he comes

Makes perfect sense to me

Excellent prospect. "Ambitious" signing. Unsure whether Inter will sell. He's highly rated by both their Chairman and Fans.

Inter will have to cut their cloth accordingly.

They are in a worse position than us, they are falling short of CL qualification, attendances falling, Serie A is witnessing a decline and the money this brings in.

We are in about the same position, a big club going through a rocky period, the thing that sets us apart though is we have a fuck load of SKY dollar coming this way soon and Inter don't, no do they for the foreseeable future.

We have the upper hand.

Inter will have to cut their cloth accordingly.

They are in a worse position than us, they are falling short of CL qualification, attendances falling, Serie A is witnessing a decline and the money this brings in.

We are in about the same position, a big club going through a rocky period, the thing that sets us apart though is we have a fuck load of SKY dollar coming this way soon and Inter don't, no do they for the foreseeable future.

We have the upper hand.

He reminds me of Aimar. Let's wait to see if it happens but I don't agree we have the upper hand . Inter are owned by an oil tycoon.

They are closer to the Champions League zone (4 pts) than we are and they have much better chances.

Yeah, but both Napoli and Lazio are looking strong, that's without mentioning Milan & Fiorentina, who will have a big say in it, their position is far form what it was a couple of years ago.

They're in a similar position to us. They're having to shift out all the old cunts on big wages. And they had far more of a problem with that than we did. Young players like Coutinho are exactly the type they'd want to keep hold off, I'd have thought. Our best hope is Birra Moretti being a spacker.

Disagree on the strength of Serie A. Their top seven is pretty comparable to ours. The rest of the league, like ours, a mixed bag including some pure shit. We've got more cash, but not sure we've got more quality.

Is that based on your in depth knowledge of Sky Italian?

Or is it the result of a thorough comparison between both Sky england and Italia?

It's based on the fact that the Italian are a very trust worthy people.... Who am I kidding I trust neither.

My uncle worked in Italy he said absolutely everybody wants some kind of back hander or bribe just to do what they are supposed to be doing id take his word but he's also a very dishonest man.

• Upvote 1

They're in a similar position to us. They're having to shift out all the old cunts on big wages. And they had far more of a problem with that than we did. Young players like Coutinho are exactly the type they'd want to keep hold off, I'd have thought. Our best hope is Birra Moretti being a spacker.

Disagree on the strength of Serie A. Their top seven is pretty comparable to ours. The rest of the league, like ours, a mixed bag including some pure shit. We've got more cash, but not sure we've got more quality.

True about the quality, it's quite comparable, Kevin prince Fucking Boateng being a leading light at a team like AC says a lot though.

I've just checked their squad page to make sure the spelling was right, when the fuck did they sign Bojan?

Apart from Juventus can you see any team making a splash in the CL?

Can't say I agree, I know the likes of us/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs are all failling to convince consistantly at the moment but theres only Juventus in Italy who I would say are particularly strong at the minute, I'd be seriously concerned if I was a fan of either Milan club over the decline thats gone on there over the last couple of years

Bruce, they're four points off 2nd.

I hope he joins us, but Inter are doing ok all things considering.

Means nothing.

Their budgets and huge wage bill will have taken a battering with no Champions League revenue.

Wes was forced out because of this. Coutinho is a fringe player at best (down to Inter system and not talent) and they need the money.