You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Code is the black knight of forums.

Round 1

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

tumblr_loonscniwN1qhrg39o4_250.gif

tumblr_loonscniwN1qhrg39o5_250.gif

Round 2

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

tumblr_loonscniwN1qhrg39o3_250.gif

tumblr_loonscniwN1qhrg39o7_250.gif

Round 3

tumblr_loonscniwN1qhrg39o8_250.gif

tumblr_loonscniwN1qhrg39o11_r1_250.gif

gotta play this little beauty in center behind strikers next season.....he could be as good as Aimar in couple of years.His low center of gravity and vision is more suited to CAM role than out wide

I disagree.

I would not restrict Philippe Coutinho to one position. The same applies to Luis Suarez. Let them wander, let them get into positions where they can do the most damage.

There is other players that can fill the gaps. The more dangerous positions these two get into, the better.

From the point of view of having an attacking player who can unlock stubborn defences, this lad could be our best signing for years. 20 years of age and he's playing like this in his first few months in the Prem ? His potential is staggering, and I absolutely love the way he shrugs people off the ball and can handle the physical side. We need referees to man up now though, 'cos he will be a "marked man" next season. The Stoke-like neanderthal cloggers in the division will have no alternative but to break the rules to stop him and he will have to face some brutal treatment. We could do with a Souness type in midfield, just to look after kids like Phillipe, someone who can leave his foot in to deliver a warning to dirty cunt opponents when needs be.

IF he fulfils his potential, we will be talking about him soon in the same way we do Xabi Alonso.

Get the ball to Coutinho in the middle third and he will do the business - almost every time, whether it is short or long, Suarez will not.

The guy misses 4 games and we so easily forget?

Luis is a fantastic player both scoring and creating; anyone remember that game agin Chelsea - so long ago - great pass for sturridge's goal, great finish for his.

Really struggling with this criticism

The guy misses 4 games and we so easily forget?

Luis is a fantastic player both scoring and creating; anyone remember that game agin Chelsea - so long ago - great pass for sturridge's goal, great finish for his.

Really struggling with this criticism

Nothing to struggle with - you are just reading it wrong. Suarez is best used in their final third and either as the front man or the second striker. He is also diabolically individual - a couple good passes does not change that. That is ok for your striker - Sturridge is selfish as well. This was a response to having both Coutinho and Suarez playing deep. Coutinho, central, behind Suarez, who likes to drift into the channels and Sturridge off the last defender is most potent imo.

I disagree.

I would not restrict Philippe Coutinho to one position. The same applies to Luis Suarez. Let them wander, let them get into positions where they can do the most damage.

There is other players that can fill the gaps. The more dangerous positions these two get into, the better.

been thinking the same. the lack of a rigid structure for suarez was a part of why he could be so effective.

does rodgers look at something like a 3-4-2-1 next season to incorporate both suarez and coutinho behind sturridge? width from our 2 fullbacks and lucas in front of a back 3 with gerrard next to him?

coutinho through the middle has been devastating and shifting him back to a wing position almost feels like pidgeon holing him.

we'll see as suarez being suspended for the first few games will allow coutinho to run the show for a bit

Why not just give the t

hree attackers Sturridge, Suarez and Coutinho free reign. Let them do what they like. Let's make sure the attacking 3rd is flexible as possible. To do that, the 1st and 2nd thirds must be tight.

There is a reason for this, to ensure you're not susceptible to the counter attack. How do you combat the counter attack? Simple by pressing and counter-attacking. We've proved we can do this.

However overall what we need is consistency. This is going to be a critical summer in terms of transfers. The next two afterwards are going to be just as critical. Less so the January transfer window. Next summer is going to be just as critical as this one.

I don't believe we're going to win the title in 2014. However if everything goes according to plan, we've got a real chance in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...
Why not just give the t

hree attackers Sturridge, Suarez and Coutinho free reign. Let them do what they like. Let's make sure the attacking 3rd is flexible as possible. To do that, the 1st and 2nd thirds must be tight.

There is a reason for this, to ensure you're not susceptible to the counter attack. How do you combat the counter attack? Simple by pressing and counter-attacking. We've proved we can do this.

However overall what we need is consistency. This is going to be a critical summer in terms of transfers. The next two afterwards are going to be just as critical. Less so the January transfer window. Next summer is going to be just as critical as this one.

I don't believe we're going to win the title in 2014. However if everything goes according to plan, we've got a real chance in 2015.

A bit optimistic.

I can't see us even getting close over the next few years.

• 4 weeks later...

Watching that Brazil team in the Confed Cup, there does seem to be a Coutinho-sized hole in their team.

If Hernanes and Oscar can get a game for them then Coutinho certainly can. I think that 12 months from now he should be cemented in that Brazil side if Scolari has any sense.

Watching that Brazil team in the Confed Cup, there does seem to be a Coutinho-sized hole in their team.

If Hernanes and Oscar can get a game for them then Coutinho certainly can. I think that 12 months from now he should be cemented in that Brazil side if Scolari has any sense.

I'm sure Oscar is a very good player, but I've not seen him do much yet. Seems to have a reputation that fits Coutinho more aptly to me, though his larger price tag may have contributed to that for the short term.

Why not just give the t

A bit pessimistic.