You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

I am starting to have my doubts that Code72 is actually real.

I think we should have a thread dedicated to Code72 quotes.

I am warming to his absurdity.

I have to admit I now do see him as a resident joke - those who say stop feeding the troll, you are wrong. Keep giving him the rope.

I always read his posts in the voice of either Rimmer or Kryten. I can't help it.

Narcissistic personality disorder is right by the way, Whelan, I am pretty confident I can give an accurate diagnosis just from reading his posts over the past couple of weeks. But what entertainment!

Actually, I feel a bit guilty. It's like the Victorians paying to get into Bedlam Hospital.

Anyway, if you want a bit more entertainment now that the Rafa threads have been taken away from him, pop over to his new Lucas thread!

When you do not understand something its usually because you are the thick one.

Just a word of advice.

Code was driving his car down the highway when his mobile rings.

Answering, he heard Mrs. Code urgently warning him, "Honey, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on A2. Please be careful!"

"It's not just one car," said Code. "It's hundreds of them!"

Answering, he heard Mrs. Code urgently warning him, "Honey, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on A2. Please be careful!"

Shit myself.

Never a more appropriate joke.

You do know opinions can be wrong don't you?

Most opinions are wrong I'd say because only one can be right.

The thing here though is that I did not have an opinion of Coutinho as I have not seen him play.

The thing here though is that I did not have an opinion of Coutinho as I have not seen him play.

So the below is not an opinion then?

I hope we dont sign him, I have a feeling it will be a waste of money, I can be very wrong but I'm usually right.

I reckon that's one of Codes non-opinions. He has started to have them more and more often, like his opinion that Gerrard was having his operation early to be fit for a money making hand shaking tour of the far east and not to be ready for pre-season, that was an opinion that wasn't really his opinion. Twice, if I recall.

It's all rather confusing.

At a rough guess that one opinion that would be correct would coincidentally be yours ? How can an opinion be correct, or incorrect ? It is a personal observation. You're flapping like a landed fish now.

Who cares what Code thought about him, let's just be glad he is here.

It is nice that he has a summer off as well, not being selected for Brazil.

What I like about him (other than the obvious vision) and what has already been said about him, is he is equally effective when playing the number 10 position or wide left.

When he was wide left he was still creating just as many chances and getting assists.

So the below is not an opinion then?

No not in the slightest, how could you get that impression?

I said I hoped we did not sign him because I had a feeling he might be shite,

the reason I had this feeling was because thats how players we have talked about for a long time without knowing much about have turned out most of the time.

Its a bit like standing on a corner asking your mate what do you think the color of the next car coming round the corner will be and he say blue but its white.

You have to be a monumental saddo to keep going on about it for weeks and months later as some kind of evidence of your mates lack of knowledge, but hey, what can a man do?

It comes as no surprise to me that some people do exactly that though being the massive losers they are.