Quantcast
Philippe Coutinho - Page 359 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
MegadriveMan

Philippe Coutinho

5 hours ago, Boss said:

Barry was a quality player back then and was very important in that City team. Barry helped them win trophies. They had a solid British core of players that included Milner and Hart and they had a strong mentality. 

We had zero in midfield for years after Alonso left. Barry would've walked into any of the Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers teams. You never know, we could've won the game against Chelsea in the FA Cup final if we had a midfield that didn't consist of Charlie Adam and Jay Spearing. He would've been a really good signing. 

Barry has never been a quality player. He was always around mid table PL quality and only won anything at City due to having top quality players around him. His last but one move to the Bloos was about his standard,around Villa standards to be honest. Ironically Milner played for Villa and City like Barry,but is miles better now than Barry ever was.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

You’re a complete retard and I feel like I lose braincells every time I read and respond to one of your posts.

At least I can have a conversation without stooping to constant insults. 

Coutinho to be sold after Barcelona's UCL horror show, Valverde fate uncertain - sources

pl/

1:13

int_190508_fc_barcelona_exodus_for_site_1.jpg

8 May, 2019
  • Moises Llorens
  • Sam Marsden

Philippe Coutinho is "not a Barcelona player" and will be the first casualty of their shambolic Champions League exit to Liverpool, while the board are set to meet to decide coach Ernesto Valverde's fate, sources have told ESPN FC.

Sources also confirmed that a number of the coaching staff are disappointed with Coutinho's performances this season. The Brazilian is the club's record signing at €160 million but his displays against his former side across both legs of the semifinal strengthened the idea that his time at Camp Nou is up

"Coutinho is not a Barcelona player, that's been made clear," a club source told ESPN FC.

The ex-Liverpool playmaker started the season well but his form and confidence have fallen off a cliff since an injury in October. He's been unable to re-find his best form since and the source bemoaned that "he has added nothing. He will leave in the summer."

ESPN FC first revealed in March that Barcelona were ready to listen to offers north of €105m for Coutinho and his performances against Liverpool have done nothing to change their plans. He was taken off before the hour mark in both matches, jeered by Barca fans last week and Liverpool supporters on Tuesday. The Catalan club made a huge effort to sign him but there's now an acknowledgment that things have not worked out.

While the reaction in the heat of the moment has seen Coutinho singled out inside the club, the board, headed by president Josep Maria Bartomeu, will try to deal with the fallout from the Liverpool loss in the coming days in a more cool-headed manner.

Diario Sport called the 4-0 defeat the "biggest embarrassment" in the club's history and Bartomeu says there will be time to reflect on how they recover from a second successive European humiliation. They also surrendered a three-goal lead against Roma last year.

"There will be time for a deep reflection and to give explanations," he said after the game. "There's a Copa del Rey final to play in three weeks [against Valencia on May 25].

"Last year, in Rome, the same thing happened and it's not easy to explain. We will try to do so internally. We have to pick ourselves up and apologise to all the Barcelona supporters."

The board will talk in the coming days and Valverde's future will be up for debate. The former Athletic Bilbao boss has won back-to-back league titles but those who are most critical of him at the club point to the fact this is the second time in a year that Barcelona have chucked away a huge advantage.

However, as suggested by Bartomeu, the board do not want to rush into making a decision. But there will be talks to see if they can respond to a question which they still don't have an obvious answer: who could replace Valverde?

There are not many options available who would be capable of leading the required regeneration. Barcelona's starting XI at Anfield included seven players aged 30 or over.

"We have to see how Valverde deals with this tricky situation," a club source said on Wednesday. "The fans are really upset and disappointed with what happened and on Sunday there's a league game against Getafe. It will be interesting to see how the supporters react."

WELCOME HOME....!...

is that what you would say? Or would you tell him to fuck off?

I, personally, can't see us buying anyone else this summer so I would happily have him in the squad. We definitely need more quality on the bench. 

Welcome home, Phil! 

Can't see it happening. 

Makes plenty of sense especially without a purchase clause in the deal. 

Nike would be happy aswell

Word out of Spain is that Barca won't take too kindly to us trying to get him on the cheap. Just as we charge them full whack for our lot, they'll ask for a huge amount from us. Even though they're skint, to much pride selling to us on the cheap

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, niallers said:

Word out of Spain is that Barca won't take too kindly to us trying to get him on the cheap. Just as we charge them full whack for our lot, they'll ask for a huge amount from us. Even though they're skint, to much pride selling to us on the cheap

Oh well. That's hard luck isn't it? If we're the most likely destination, it would seem foolish to keep his wages on the books. He's apparently happy to take a pay cut to play for us, so assuming that means they they save 13m euros and whatever fee they get. So about 20m probably. There can't be too many teams that can afford that, especially if coutinho tells them he'll only come here in England. 

He’s too easily shut out of games.  Apart from that, his desperately poor behaviour when trying to force a move away, and the fact we would have to adjust our whole style of play to accommodate, with him slowing the play down to allow opposition defenders to organise before he runs down the inevitable blind alley?  If we brought him back it would mean we’ve passed our peak potential and are on the downward slope.  

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, stringvest said:

He’s too easily shut out of games.  Apart from that, his desperately poor behaviour when trying to force a move away, and the fact we would have to adjust our whole style of play to accommodate, with him slowing the play down to allow opposition defenders to organise before he runs down the inevitable blind alley?  If we brought him back it would mean we’ve passed our peak potential and are on the downward slope.  

Yeah I'm leaning towards this. He's a good player, but it's not like the some of the other players we have sold who we would have taken back in a heartbeat when they left us. He can't get into teams worse than ours and would not justify the money. 

• Upvote 1

He makes every team in the league better bar ourselves and probably City. It won't happen but he is a brilliant footballer and his perceived failure at Barca is as much on them as it is him.

• Upvote 1

Rafael Hernández  @RafaelH117

If Coutinho wins the Champions League with Bayern Munich, Barcelona will have to pay €5m to Liverpool. You read that right.

7:41 PM · Aug 14, 2020

1.2K Retweets and comments

3K Likes

7 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Rafael Hernández  @RafaelH117

If Coutinho wins the Champions League with Bayern Munich, Barcelona will have to pay €5m to Liverpool. You read that right.

7:41 PM · Aug 14, 2020

1.2K Retweets and comments

3K Likes

Hilarious. Good old Coco Edwards.

49 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hilarious. Good old Coco Edwards.

Well the arrangement I assume either follows the player or the club, he'd want fucking if they can loan him, win the cup themselves and not pay unless it follows the player, so we have something in the game. So he's signed a clause that follows the player. If you were picking odds when we sold him that if they loaned him it went with where coutinho is on loan, you'd assume there's a greater chance of Barca winning it than random loan club. Even at the start of the season, you'd pick barca over Munich. And if Barca have any sense, they'll have tried to pass that clause downstream to Munich, although of course it was a very much a buyer's market, so easier said than done. If we get 5m for this we've got lucky. There's nothing smart about it at all. 

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

Well the arrangement I assume either follows the player or the club, he'd want fucking if they can loan him, win the cup themselves and not pay unless it follows the player, so we have something in the game. So he's signed a clause that follows the player. If you were picking odds when we sold him that if they loaned him it went with where coutinho is on loan, you'd assume there's a greater chance of Barca winning it than random loan club. Even at the start of the season, you'd pick barca over Munich. And if Barca have any sense, they'll have tried to pass that clause downstream to Munich, although of course it was a very much a buyer's market, so easier said than done. If we get 5m for this we've got lucky. There's nothing smart about it at all. 

Have a day off for once.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

I could say the same to you oh defender of the hedgefunders. 

I would but John Henry has promised me a ride on his new yacht and the Lovren money if I keep defending FSG.

Don't want him. He'd stink the place out, we've got a band of brothers now and don't need an upstart. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I think FSG have pulled off a good bit of business to get more money from Barca if a player we sold them costs them money while playing for another team.Its a good way of stopping a team trying to shift a player just to stop paying a full transfer fee. Should be done more often.

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I would but John Henry has promised me a ride on his new yacht and the Lovren money if I keep defending FSG.

You sail on a yacht, I would be concerned if I was you.