You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

12 minutes ago, razor said:

Is he a stud?

Given that he's a young player that is kicking butt and taking names, I would indeed say he's a stud. But due to his flashy style and quickness, the term that immediately comes to my mind for him is "electric factory". Stud does apply though. And as Turdseye says above, you can't say he's a beast because it's almost 2019 and that implies racist undertones. 

If he hadn't previously played for us I very much doubt many wouldn't have him here. The more I think about it the sillier it is to say you wouldn't have him back for at most 60 million. If Barca think they are getting what they pay for him off anyone then they are knee deep in the crack pipe. 

There's a sucker punch in these here smoke and mirrors. Perhaps they are trying to give us a sniff of one of their players while trying to sneakily on the inside get to one of ours.

If it's Moreno, Lovren or Mignolet we can act all horrified but give them a chance at a deal. If it's any of our forwards, they can do one.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/football/article/transfer-news-barcelona-willing-to-offer-philippe-coutinho-for-psg-star-kylian-mbappe-to-keep-neymar-away-from-real-madrid/336476

Spanish giants Barcelona are willing to offer Brazilian superstar Philippe Coutinho to French club Paris Saint Germain (PSG) in exchange of their player and World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe. Neymar wants his people close to him and if Coutinho comes to PSG then he would drop a move to Real Madrid. If the transfer is successful then Barcelona would probably hit a masterstroke as they would add one of the brightest prospects in world football – Mbappe – to their ranks, while stopping Neymar to join their arch-rivals Real Madrid.

According to Don Balon, Barcelona are willing to exchange Coutinho for Mbappe as the Blaugranas try to put Neymar’s move to Real Madrid to bed. According to reports, the Brazilian winger is not content with his life in Paris as he misses his close ones, and with Coutinho being one of his closest friends, PSG would do anything to make the life of their biggest superstar a bit better. However, it is to be seen whether they would sell the Best Young Player in the FIFA World Cup 2018 after signing him from his former club AS Monaco for a mammoth £165.7 million.

Meanwhile, Barcelona sit atop the La Liga 2018-19 standings with 37 points in 17 matches. They have notched up 11 wins while losing two and drawing four matches in the league campaign till now. Whereas, Coutinho, who secured his dream move from English club Liverpool on the January transfer window of 2018, has contributed four goals and one assist so far in the league.

Whereas, PSG are still unbeaten in Ligue 1 after 17 matches with 47 points to their name. They have won 15 matches and have drawn just two games. Mbappe is currently the top scorer in the French league with 13 goals to his name.

I’d have him back at the right deal for us. We’ve rebuilt our defence and created a title-challenge with the proceeds of his sale.

Wouldn’t have all this bollocks about him wanting to go there again as that’s been and done, they’d have to take a massive hit on his fee and above all he fills an existing need in the squad.

So long as he’d be properly committed, Klopp wants him (he was up for signing Goetze a second time, so don’t see him as a grudge-holder) and it’s on our terms; no-brainer.

Won’t happen like, but wouldn’t be cutting my nose off to spite my face it it was possible under the above conditions, including having had those twats’ trollies off financially.