You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Don’t sell a player like this mid season!

Don’t sell a player like this without having replacement/s lined up first!

Anywhere from second to sixth in the league is on. With Coutinho I’d back us to finish higher in the range. Without, top four is on a knife edge.

I’m delighted we have VVD here now. He will help a lot. I’m delighted Keita is coming next season. But as for now, we are missing some stardust in the final third, and that is very concerning.

Let’s see who else comes in. If we go mad and sign Lemar and Oblak/Alisson, we are much better overall. If we sign no one else in January I’ll continue to back the team as I always do, but I’ll be gutted about how we let this one play out as it jeopardizes our prospects this season.

James Pearce

@JamesPearceEcho

What we've seen from Klopp so far shows that if he can't get exactly who he wants this month then he will wait for the summer. #LFC

The comments below are fun, more bots than on Putins payroll defending the hedgefund gang. Good to see some aren't buying the propaganda.

In the same way pearce started preparing us for Coutinho leaving a month ago, this is the start of the softening up process for us getting nobody. I don't know why we don't cut to the chase and get Tom hicks to tell us about what a big summer we'll have.

VVD and Keita, Baz.

There's the winter and summer of our content.

I know mate, we're greedy to expect more. Who needs a strong finish to the season eh? We wrote the 1st half of the season off by going in light of a centre back and the 2nd half light of our playmaker. Maybe I should ask jwh for a bit of discount on my ST considering they're not even hiding not trying anymore?

• Upvote 1

I don’t see us signing anyone this month.

I reckon a couple of things have made us sell now. First the owners are looking at the PSG Neymar and MBappe money as a one off crazy spike.

For the next few years transfer fees will be more normal once all this cash has been through the system. We have our chance of getting a good piece of the loot in selling Phil and they didn’t want to risk missing out.

Coutinho was worth about 50 million a year ago, he’ll probably be worth about 60 million in two years time. We’re getting 140 million. That’s good business and they obviously were worried Barca might go elsewhere if we made them wait til summer.

Secondly Coutinho going on strike again and telling Klopp he was determined to leave pissed Klopp off enough that he didn’t fight to keep him.

It’s annoying because we appear to be chucking this season away and there’ll be pissed off fans after every game we don’t win. Rightfully so.

• Upvote 4

John Arne Riise

@JARiiseOfficial

Good luck @Phil_Coutinho and thank you for all the memories! You were fantastic for our club. Some amazing goals and assists

Not sure he should be being thanked.

Problem is that January is a difficult window and nobody wants to sell their best superstar assets mid season...

Unless they have a mysterious self-appointed injury. Any players out there who have self-appointed injuries that suddenly cure themselves when they get what they want?

Iniesta.

What?

Did a search, and this is the first iteration of Iniesta's name on this thread.

He's been his natural heir for at least 5 years, now.

Since he was 20, Liverpool fans could tell he was going to replace one of the top 5 midfielders of all time - that is amazing.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/286620-information-for-fans-who-purchased-2017-18-coutinho-replica-jerseys

“Liverpool Football Club is to offer supporters who bought a 2017-18 replica shirt printed with Philippe Coutinho's name and number a £50 voucher, once the move is completed.“

Credit to the club. They don’t have to to this.

Fuck off with that shit.

It's not like they are offering a refund.

They've already taken the money for the shirt and the mark ups they make are so obscene they are not losing out.