You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

How far does the Nike involvement stretch, paying part of the fee for Phil, wanting him as a main sponsor for their World Cup campaign. Have they basically paid the entire fee or how much did they pay? The main question is, how deep is their glove?

How far does the Nike involvement stretch, paying part of the fee for Phil, wanting him as a main sponsor for their World Cup campaign. Have they basically paid the entire fee or how much did they pay? The main question is, how deep is their glove?

near the rectum

That post should be rated BG.

Not a fan of the length of the statement. Makes us look soft and like we are feeling sorry for ourselves.

If your Mrs leaves you, you shouldn't mope about pining over her and writing letters saying how much you miss her. You get a haircut then go out and nail some birds that look like her till you feel better.

• Upvote 1

No need to bring the Bee Gees into it.

• Upvote 2

We are mugs if they don't have at least one top player coming in. We have a good spine but have just lost a world class player.

I knew we couldn't replace Luis. This is different. We can come out of this well,but only if we have deals at an advanced stage. If not,Lemar will need to be signed for crazy money and the same with Oblak.

I think this will highlight how deeply FSG want us to really succeed rather than just challenge for top 4 and become Arsenal mark two.

I knew when we signed Virgil,that we weren't signing him unless Phil was off. That's fine but for fuck sake bring in at least one more top player,so we can come out of this window reasonably.

• Upvote 1

All that falls down if he stopped producing on the pitch. Jurgen has said he was insistent with him and even his teammates. Is Klopp hinting that Countinho was beginning to be disruptive and get on his teammates tits moaning at every opportunity how he wanted away? Who knows.

If he started acting the cunt let him rot in the reserves for 4 months- I don't think we'd get much less for him in the summer, he'd want to be playing to get ready and selected for the world cup, and we wouldn't have let everyone know we had a wad of cash burning a hole in our pocket.

VVD may not have been giving 100% for Soton and maybe that's why he was dropped- but his price went up after 6 months!

I don't mind him going, but we needed to get our business done before announcing he's gone. Which makes me suspect that perhaps we have (VVD and Keita)- in which case what happened to the rolling warchest from "no value in January" and "couldn't get our first choise targets" from the last 4 windows?

Anyway, he's gone now, lets hope there is a replacement coming in. As I say, the disappointing thing is every time we look like we're getting somewhere its one step forward and two steps back.

If he started acting the cunt let him rot in the reserves for 4 months- I don't think we'd get much less for him in the summer, he'd want to be playing to get ready and selected for the world cup, and we wouldn't have let everyone know we had a wad of cash burning a hole in our pocket.

VVD may not have been giving 100% for Soton and maybe that's why he was dropped- but his price went up after 6 months!

I don't mind him going, but we needed to get our business done before announcing he's gone. Which makes me suspect that perhaps we have (VVD and Keita)- in which case what happened to the rolling warchest from "no value in January" and "couldn't get our first choise targets" from the last 4 windows?

Anyway, he's gone now, lets hope there is a replacement coming in. As I say, the disappointing thing is every time we look like we're getting somewhere its one step forward and two steps back.

It is not good to know there are people who think you can treat people like chattels and slaves in this day and age by letting people rot in the reserves because they want to persue something else somewhere else but whatever you want in life I supose.

If we're feeling bad now, just imagine how Inter feel.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of avoiding South Americans/Spaniards/Portuguese. They're incredible talents but will always have the lure of Madrid/Barcelona destabilising us. I can see us dropping out of the top 4 now when we were strong favourites to get there previously.

Not a fan of the length of the statement. Makes us look soft and like we are feeling sorry for ourselves.

If your Mrs leaves you, you shouldn't mope about pining over her and writing letters saying how much you miss her. You get a haircut then go out and nail some birds that look like her till you feel better.

Agree. The terse club statement would have been enough.

Hate to say it, but I can’t imagine the Mancs doing something similar if De Gea left to play for a club that might win a major title in the foreseeable future.

Some thoughts:

"We can't afford to pay top wages". We fucking well can- 9th richest club in the world allegedly.

"His heart was set on going" - fair enough, go in 4 months time, instead of in the middle of the season when we have no replacement lined up, and anyone we go for will have an automatic £30M added to their price tag.

"He was too much trouble behind the scenes"- don't care what he did behind the scenes, he could carry on doing it as long as he carried on producing on the pitch like he was, and then bugger off in the summer.

"We'll be OK as long as we spend the money properly"- sorry, that money's already gone on VVD and Keita.

"We've lost good players before and survived"- survived, but won sweet FA and slipped from no.1 to no.4-8 in the league.

Love the way they've released the news the day after we knock the bitters out of the cup and everyone's in a good mood.

Every time we look like we're getting our shit together the rug is pulled from under us by these shitpot yanks.

You say go 4 months time but if he actually got his own way he’d have gone 4 months earlier mate.

You can only keep an unhappy player for so long until everyone starts getting pissed off with his lack of respect towards the team, if he’s pretending to have a back injury for example and we’re having to play Henderson who has to play with an injury and plays only because Coutinho can’t be bothered and Henderson’s injury gets worse and he’s out for the rest of the season don’t you think he’d be fuming with Coutinho that he had to play just because he’s too busy flashing his arsehole at Barca? Next thing you know Lallana and AOC are pissed off because they’re his mate and Firmino and Moreno are defending Coutinho and already you have a divide in the club that could seriously derail not only the season but the path Klopp is taking us on because we could then miss out on CL football and no other fucker wants to come here again! I know it sounds far fetched but I’ve seen it first hand a few times where a player cant play that weekend because his Mrs has told him he has to go shopping and you turn up with bare XI and lose because someone inevitably gets a knock in the first 10 mins and your forced to play with 10 men for 80mins, everyone’s then fucked off with the little shit and he doesn’t turn up for weeks because everyone wants to kick his fucking headin.

As long as we invest properly like I’m 99% sure Klopp will, well be fine, we could even end up a lot better than we are now. Chuck a top keeper in and another Midfielder and were set, we’re still great going forward it’s at the back that’s always going to be the issue until it’s sorted and Coutinho does fuck all to help the defence.

If we're feeling bad now, just imagine how Inter feel.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of avoiding South Americans/Spaniards/Portuguese. They're incredible talents but will always have the lure of Madrid/Barcelona destabilising us. I can see us dropping out of the top 4 now when we were strong favourites to get there previously.

How do you think the rest of the proletariat will take to this news of his Bullingdon club conduct and want away self serving antics? 

Guest Pistonbroke

He bloody well would if it's got his name against it.

Token signatures happen, especially in big business. Managers all over the place sign off on things they are told to. Might not be the case, just my opinion. 

Filha du puto!

Over to FSG and Klopp now.

It's all well and good to say "we've lost great players before" and "it's better to hold out for the player we want", but tempus fugit.

We're in position to take a crack at the CL right now.

Who knows if we'll have that chance next season? Particularly if we don't bring someone in who can replace, at least in part, Coutinho.

I'm tired of consoling myself with "next season....".

• Upvote 2