Quantcast
Philippe Coutinho - Page 300 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
MegadriveMan

Philippe Coutinho

Rafael Hernández‏ @RafaelH117 2m2 minutes ago

Barcelona will submit a big in the coming days for Coutinho, the approach has changed to reach a deal with Liverpool without turmoil. The Brazilian’s mutiny is about him being desperate to join the club, rather than “ordered” by Barça.

giphy.gif

Exactly.

Ooh look were talking about Klopp now and not FSG.

And you reckon he would be happy to take the flak for it if it isn’t his decision? He’s not Brendan Rodgers.

We've got a pretty big game on friday. Sick of hearing about Coutinho.

If he goes, he goes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's already all sorted and the official announcements are being held back until after the cup game to stop any aggro or a bad atmosphere.

There just doesn't seem to be the strength of denial or point blank refusals now that there were in the summer.

FSG have allowed, and in some cases almost certainly encouraged with their lack of ambition, our 4 highest profile, or most promising or best, players to leave LFC. 4 in seven years.

Why are people surprised that FSG are not going to throw hundreds of millions of pounds in the vague hope that a team could be assembled that might have a slightly larger chance of winning something?

It won’t happen, so it makes no sense to be angry about it every waking hour. Perhaps we should all wish very hard that a new owner will arrive in a cloud of diamond dust riding a unicorn.

I don’t believe FSG are willing to squander their own money, but nor do I think they are asset strippers and sucking money out of the club. They’ll get their money when they sell.

If we win something, and to be fair we have a better chance than Leicester, then if won’t be because of FSG any more than it will be despite FSG.

FSG have allowed, and in some cases almost certainly encouraged with their lack of ambition, our 4 highest profile, or most promising or best, players to leave LFC. 4 in seven years.

They have more than backed managers to replace those players. 

As long as they give all the coutinho money to Klopp and not use it for VVD/Keita then thats fine by me.

You might be disappointed,

And you reckon he would be happy to take the flak for it if it isn’t his decision? He’s not Brendan Rodgers.

I don't think he'll view it like that.

Like I say he knows how it all works, he knows how a selling club works.

I don't think he'll get flak initially, he'll have some leeway due to the VVD signing and the way the team and other individuals are playing, and he'll have the confidence to think he can frame it in the right way. I don't think he'll get any significant flak unless the season goes seriously pear shaped, but he'll back himself on that score too.

Agree a fucking deal but only for the summer £150 mil no bonus bollox straight cash, and give every last penny to Klopp

It could be worse. Edwards is on a hot streak with the attacking replacements. Salah was ready for the first team of any club in world football.

If we need a replacement goalkeeper, and we do, the news is not so great.

Sometimes i genuinely yearn for the old days before everything was played out as a saga on the internet and the news was just that - news, when something actually happened!

Why are people surprised that FSG are not going to throw hundreds of millions of pounds in the vague hope that a team could be assembled that might have a slightly larger chance of winning something?

It won’t happen, so it makes no sense to be angry about it every waking hour. Perhaps we should all wish very hard that a new owner will arrive in a cloud of diamond dust riding a unicorn.

I don’t believe FSG are willing to squander their own money, but nor do I think they are asset strippers and sucking money out of the club. They’ll get their money when they sell.

If we win something, and to be fair we have a better chance than Leicester, then if won’t be because of FSG any more than it will be despite FSG.

Speaking personally there is no surprise at all, see the FSG thread if you like (I'm sure you don't like).

And speaking personally I'm not angry about FSG every waking hour, far from it. But when it appears they're on the verge of selling our "best player" again then I do get a bit pissed off because to me it's a reminder of how far away we are from seriously competing.

• Upvote 1

VALVERDE TALKS COUTINHO

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde admits Philippe Coutinho is a “great player” but refused to comment on a potential move for the Liverpool man.

Liverpool have softened their stance and are now open to the option of selling Coutinho in January, according to Guillem Balague.

Valverde said: "I've got nothing to say about Coutinho. We respect the fact he plays for another club.

“I discover many things here, which I didn't know before, of they are true, which I don't know too. Coutinho is a player from other team and he plays for other team. He is a great player and we don't know what will happen in the future but I like more the players I have now on the squad. We will see if he comes or not.”

Speaking personally there is no surprise at all, see the FSG thread if you like (I'm sure you don't like).

And speaking personally I'm not angry about FSG every waking hour, far from it. But when it appears they're on the verge of selling our "best player" again then I do get a bit pissed off because to me it's a reminder of how far away we are from seriously competing.

If the player wasn't faking injuries and along with his agent and family, fabricating lies about some rift with Klopp, we wouldn't be selling him.

Just like we wouldn't have sold Suarez if he hadn't whored himself out to Arsenal or bitten people to facilitate his exit. 

Under these owners, good players that have wanted to stay haven't ever been let go under the pretext of making profits. 

VALVERDE TALKS COUTINHO

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde admits Philippe Coutinho is a “great player” but refused to comment on a potential move for the Liverpool man.

Liverpool have softened their stance and are now open to the option of selling Coutinho in January, according to Guillem Balague.

Valverde said: "I've got nothing to say about Coutinho. We respect the fact he plays for another club.

“I discover many things here, which I didn't know before, of they are true, which I don't know too. Coutinho is a player from other team and he plays for other team. He is a great player and we don't know what will happen in the future but I like more the players I have now on the squad. We will see if he comes or not.”

Fucking hell they are unbelievable

• Upvote 1

I am no apologist for FSG.  I think they're doing more or less what was expected.  The FSG thread is full of the same stuff.   It just beggars belief that people can get so angry about it.  It's not like FSG wouldn't sell if the unicorn bearing the saviour did pitch up.  

VALVERDE TALKS COUTINHO

They know they dont need to agitate the player to move now, as they know its a done deal.

So that quote looks like they are being very corteous.

He's well gone.

I suspect VVD and Keita are Coutinho's "replacements".

I hope I'm wrong.

But in a summer where the WC might be cited as a difficult time to do business...

I suspect VVD and Keita are Coutinho's "replacements".

I hope I'm wrong.

But in a summer where the WC might be cited as a difficult time to do business...

...we got our business done early.

• Upvote 1