Quantcast
Philippe Coutinho - Page 297 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
MegadriveMan

Philippe Coutinho

Is it wrong i hope that we get them next in the champions league and after a 0-0 at Anfield we go the Barcelona and are one nil down in the 3rd mins of extra time and after Mane dives for a freekick,VVD heads in from a offside position to take us through on away goals. Then in the final game of the season Coutinho pulls a hamstring and misses the world cup.

And they find structural damage in the new camp and have to tear in down over the summer

. e011de11e10a1b762851e3ec621f2de3.gif

Is it wrong i hope that we get them next in the champions league and after a 0-0 at Anfield we go the Barcelona and are one nil down in the 3rd mins of extra time and after Mane dives for a freekick,VVD heads in from a offside position to take us through on away goals. Then in the final game of the season Coutinho pulls a hamstring and misses the world cup.

And they find structural damage in the new camp and have to tear in down over the summer

Or maybe they just sign Allardyce as their new manager, much more destructive. 

Keegan was the exception, not the rule.

It is about club culture and mentality. We see ourselves as a stepping stone, everyone sees us as a stepping stone. The owners operating objective is as a stepping stone, buy potential and sell for profit. They are not here to win silverware, so why should the players be ?

We now have fans saying, we have to let him go , so other players will come to us knowing they can be sold on in the future. Club culture and mentality.

Selling Phil in January is not to the benefit of LFC, that should be the only priority.

He goes on strike for 6 months, which he won't do, we don't pay him. It will not effect his fee in the summer. However, it may tell the vultures they can no longer feed off us.

Absolutely spot on Scooby. Your key line for me though is our owners aren't here to win, so why would the players be.

Utopia

I think the surprise would be if Barca deemed that it was necessary to bring him in for January. I'm not arsed if it's Jan or the summer, but it makes very little sense for them to bid for him now, unless they're simply trying to set-up a deal in principle for the summer, like we did with Keita.

Maybe, from Phil's point of view, he doesn't want to move house in the summer, during a World Cup?

The PL season ends on 13 May, and the FA Cup final is 19 May, and (god-willing) the CL final is 26 May.

Most international teams will have 2 or 3 friendlies before the World Cup kicks off, eg back in 2014 England had friendlies on 4 June before their first WC game on 14 June.

It's perhaps helpful to consider that Coutinho is a human, and he actually wants to have a holiday with his family without stressing about a transfer and them moving house and getting settled in a new city.

He gets paid ridiculous amounts of money for his chosen profession and if he wants to move early on after signing a new contract for even more money than he was already getting then he'll have to live with the stress won't he, the poor flower.

• Upvote 2

Unless I am missing something I just can't see any reason at all why we sell now.

We need him as our season is in the balance and he is tied to a long contract.

They don't really need him now - they are walking their league and he can't play in Europe.

As for him settling there etc and not wanting to move in a World Cup summer blah blah blah well that is not our problem - it is his and Barcelona's in the summer, why should we give a shite about that.

We won't be able to get a suitable replacement/spend the money this month - why should we weaken ourselves when we have Top 4 in the balance fighting against very good sides to get in there, when we are still in Europe and have trophy hopes still alive.

He isn't gonna down tools or strike not with a World Cup in the summer...

So get your head down, lad - achieve something here in the remaining 5 months of the season, tell your agent to shut up and have your move at the end of the season.

Id imagine this deal is pretty much already done. And what you see in the Media is pretty much just the PR battle.

In my opinion just like the Van Dijk deal, we would have been talking to the other club since the transfer window shut in the summer, which is why the deal got signed off pretty much as soon as the window opened.

He will be gone before the end of Jan no doubt about it. I just hope we have got his replacement sorted.

Unless I am missing something I just can't see any reason at all why we sell now.

We need him as our season is in the balance and he is tied to a long contract.

They don't really need him now - they are walking their league and he can't play in Europe.

As for him settling there etc and not wanting to move in a World Cup summer blah blah blah well that is not our problem - it is his and Barcelona's in the summer, why should we give a shite about that.

We won't be able to get a suitable replacement/spend the money this month - why should we weaken ourselves when we have Top 4 in the balance fighting against very good sides to get in there, when we are still in Europe and have trophy hopes still alive.

He isn't gonna down tools or strike not with a World Cup in the summer...

So get your head down, lad - achieve something here in the remaining 5 months of the season, tell your agent to shut up and have your move at the end of the season.

i think that's a good assessment, but we don't know what we sold to him in the summer to get him playing again. My guess is we've given him and his agent a number that if it is met, he can go. I have zero real info on this, just what I am interpreting from how all the local journo's are framing the current situation. We can see there's no sporting reason to sell now and you would imagine financially we get the same deal now or the summer (in fact can even agree the deal now and he leaves in the summer), but it seems we are being prepared by the press for a January exit. I can only assume this is a path we have given the player in august to make his back recover. 

He will be gone before the end of Jan no doubt about it. I just hope we have got his replacement sorted.

Aye. If there’s any justice in the world.

i think that's a good assessment, but we don't know what we sold to him in the summer to get him playing again. My guess is we've given him and his agent a number that if it is met, he can go. I have zero real info on this, just what I am interpreting from how all the local journo's are framing the current situation. We can see there's no sporting reason to sell now and you would imagine financially we get the same deal now or the summer (in fact can even agree the deal now and he leaves in the summer), but it seems we are being prepared by the press for a January exit. I can only assume this is a path we have given the player in august to make his back recover.

I think sadly you may be spot on there

It has to be a huge fee seeing as we'd be weakening ourselves in the Champions League and having to integrate a new signing, assuming that's what's happening. I would expect us to be suitably compensated for the disruption and for having to deal with those arrogant, entitled twats.

Like others have said, there could be no good reason for selling him in January that I could accept. Putting together a deal for the summer, yes. Letting him leave now, no way. We hold all the aces here and it's becoming an important season for us. Selling him now would be an absolute joke. Disrupting the harmony, etc doesn't wash with me - he'd start playing again, what other choice does he have?

Seems to be going round and round this.

Anything new happened? For me I'd be happy if we agree a deal but he doesn't move until the summer.

Far from a reliable source...

Liverpool are reportedly in talks with Monaco on a deal to secure a replacement for Barcelona-bound midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

The Anfield club look set to lose Coutinho to Barca this January, with recent reports suggesting the La Liga club will shatter two records in Spain to push through a €110million deal for the Brazilian.

According to Yahoo Sports, Jurgen Klopp is being proactive in the transfer market and is currently working on a deal to bring Monaco star Thomas Lemar to Merseyside.

The Reds had a bid rejected for the Frenchman in the summer, while Arsenal had a bid accepted but Lemar rejected the move as he felt the Gunners weren’t the right destination for him.

According to the report, Lemar has remained in contact with Liverpool and would be willing to join Klopp’s side in January should the two clubs agree a fee.

Furthermore, the reports suggest Lemar has decided to join the Reds ahead of rival interest from Chelsea and Manchester United, with the player believing the chance to play under Klopp will most further his game and enhance his prospects of making France’s World Cup squad.

And it’s suggested a deal will be wrapped up just as soon as Coutinho leaves Anfield and makes his long-anticipated move to Barcelona.

I suppose he could argue that he could get injured and thus the deal maybe put in jeopardy.

From that point of view he probably has a point.

Being honest I think he just wants to be a Barca player the sooner the better.

The club need to be firm with him though, summer and Barca meet our valuation, get on with your job.

Let's see.

This kind of stuff from that Ballbag or whatever his name is pisses me off...

Talking about Coutinho going there now

"Balague also says the timing of the move in January would allow Coutinho space to settle into life at the Nou Camp, and despite leading La Liga by nine points, Balague says there are clear weaknesses in Ernesto Valverde's side, with Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann their other main target.

"It has a lot to do with the time it takes for a new player to adapt to a new situation and a new team. What is quite clear is that Barcelona have decided to reinforce the squad, and to reinforce the first XI.

"They want Griezmann, and they want Coutinho, with Coutinho coming now and if not, in the summer. They will try for Griezmann in the summer, and the buy-out clause will be 100m euros"

Not our fucking problem how he settles there how long it takes etc...

I suppose if they want him that badly for those reasona then that will just be another few million on the price then won't it....

Just send Liam Neeson to Barcelona's boardroom and tell them that their arrogance offends us and the transfer fee has gone up another 10m

• Upvote 1

It doesn't matter to me if we get Lemar or Goretzka, or both, as replacements in this window.

We should under no circumstances sell him in this window ...! He's under contract with massive wages that he was delighted to sign a year ago and we are Liverpool Football Club ...we should not be bowing to pressure from player or any other club. If he wants to go to Barca and play in the sun with his friends ....fine ...he can go.

But they will have to pay thru the nose and he can only leave when it suits us ....not him or them.

And it doesn't suit us right now at all. Barca and Nike can take all those pre-printed shirts and stuff em up their arseholes. And Suarez and the rest of the players can put all their Instagram messages in the same place.

He can leave at the end of the season but not a moment before.

Just send Liam Neeson to Barcelona's boardroom and tell them that their arrogance offends us and the transfer fee has gone up another 10m

One gazillion midi-chlorians or you can do one.